Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

[Toxica event] Do you deserve my GraksmxxT?

Wednesday 22/02/2012, 06:30
Toxica - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
104 messages
Toxica - Legend - Open CasketEnglish - Wednesday 22/02/2012, 06:30

I'm giving away my GraksmxxT to the person who deserves it the most. In the comments below, write an essay on WHY you deserve it. Whoever entertains me the most with their reason will win the card.

***RULES & TIPS***

IMPORTANT TIP!!!!
I want something fun and interesting to read, so use your creativity and sense of humor! Make stuff up like, "I deserve your card because I'm the master of the universe," and EXPLAIN WHY in vivid details.

** It has to be 10 sentences or more.
** If it doesn't fix in a post please PM it to me.
** Second place wins a Tomas
** Third Place wins a Zhu Tang

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 1st!!!
« Previous12...4567891011Next »

81/104
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 04/03/2012, 17:56

Darn, I just now saw this contest! Shoot!
Oh, well... feel better, Toxie!
82/104
muscles2 - Hero English
Sunday 04/03/2012, 23:25

I hope you feel better too Toxica
I miis you
83/104
Toxica - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 06/03/2012, 07:17

Prizes are handed out and waiting in private sales. The public statements and explanations will be given out tomorrow. Usually I'm slow to finishing off my contests (excluding giving out the prizes) or responding to PMs because I'm lazy, but this time I have a genuine reason for taking it slow. Don't get infuriated if you didn't win. Explanations will be coming up within 24 hours and I assure you, they will be reasonable.

Today I felt the worst. Not just because I'm sick, but because I had to miss my classes. Urgh... Not much could make me feel worse than lying in bed and my mind poking me saying, "Hey! Get out of bed! You're missing Literary Theory!" I mean, yea, I still did my readings, but not being there for the class discussion just made me feel even worse...

One last thing I want to add,
The amount of snot and mucus that came out of me today was absolutely inhumane! WHERE DOES ALL OF IT COME FROM!?!?!!?!?!?
84/104
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 04:10

Please keep in mind that the winners of the competition won by entertaining my own personal sense of humor. It doesn’t mean, in any sense, that your entry wasn’t funny, it just means I have a different sense of humor.

First place --- DeepEnd Post #30
KYWEEEE~! Ok, the Riots are going to start now. But the creativity and humor just hypnotized me. The topic of the winning essay: Giving me a GraksmxxT to protect a land of fluffy animals from a meteor. And what that’s not all that won it for him! DeepEnd kept adding things like alternate universes, quantum physics, and bizarre logic. Things that make me go “WTF!” with a big smile on my face. Yes, it may not have been, “Why I deserve it,” but in my opinion, “Giving me the card will cause changes in an alternate universe eventually saving a planet of innocent kittens,” is a much more fun reason. And seeing someone thinking outside of the box ALWAYS pleases me.
85/104
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 04:10

Second place --- HoA_ZeroCels Post #33
Again, another entry with bizarre logic and humor. But in this instance, my God will be enraged and drag me to Hell, and my God is... YOU! I would have preferred less details about me and more vague, yet insinuating details about the “God” until the final revealing, and then another final statement after the revealing, but it’s still super cute overall! Straight out of the *important tip* in the first post, but, ya know? It’s there because it’s something I thought would be interesting to read and it really was. ☺

Third place --- 0AlinVizjerei Post #7
I love people that think outside of the box when it comes to writing contests and essays. On page #3, I removed the 10-sentence limit mainly because of this post. Not only did it give me a slight ego boost ( ), it was also one of most creative reasons that was submitted (judged in my tastes).
86/104
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 04:11

There were two that deserved special mention. It’s not much of a prize at all, but if they want a Krash I’ll give it to them. PM me if you boys want one.

Special mention --- PL_pwned02 Post #40
I want to give a special mention to PL_pwned02 for this. Talk about thinking outside of the box! A copy and paste from a certain website and adding a final sentence saying “I deserve your Grax.” I wanted to give him a prize, while he had great creativity, and the concept smashed my funny bone with a Hammer, there was no real effort. But I have to give him recognition. For making me laugh hysterically. Thankfully I read it before my bronchitis, otherwise I would have been in severe pain with all my laughing.

Special mention ---Ha OXOTE Post #68
A lot of entries dropped the ball by ending up being entirely fiction or the same format as my example on post 22. To be honest, I would rate Ha OXOTE’s submission WAY over my own example. All of it is great, it’s just soft and new, and feels more like a sprout than a plant. More adjectives would have brought this submission to life so much that it could have won second or third! This is one of those instances you might see every now and then from a critic’s report about how one mistake can ruin the whole movie, .
87/104
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 04:12

And that’s it! Yay! Thank you all for participating! I’ll be hosting another contest in a few weeks. I’ll try and make it video game related so all you gamers can show off.

If you want to donate a card for a prize in the next contest, or if you have an idea for another contest please PM me. Good luck to y’all next time!
88/104
Chronosigner - Master - Noir English
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 05:42

My only qualm is that my second post wasnt even in honorable mentions because for someone who was excited about literary theory my submission should be in at least the honorable mentions. I know that it was on the more serious side but still it took me awhile to think of that. I'm fuming.
89/104
X2X - Veteran - Legends Empire English
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 08:06

I deserve it because I have had a terrible day. It was going to be a great day: I had a role in a school play, and was more excited than you could ever imagine. The play was about deforestation, and the troubles it can cause to animals. My role was to tell the (paper mache) axe-wielding tree chopper about what he was doing to the environment. So, showtime, he walks in with his axe, and I yell "stop!" and tell him off for what he's doing, and showed him a baboon (a dog in a costume) that would have to find a new home. The "baboon", however, had eaten some paper mache before his scene, and got rather violent diarrhoea all over the axeman, and the lighting system, starting a fire. Our teacher panicked, and was criticised for throwing water on an electrical fire, endangering the lives of children, and poisoning a dog. I had to bathe in tomato juice to get rid of the smell.
So, yeah, I have to say that a GraksmxxT might help get the stench of dog/baboon feces out of my clothes. If nothing else I need a smile
90/104
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 09:17

Chronosigner you don't deserve anything because your a spoilt brat. You can't handle defeat so you just complain? There were a lot of interesting/funny/creative stories and yours wasn't one of them. Toxica asked for a story and all you did was beg for the card listing facts about yourself and topped it off with a joke, you put little to no effort in so don't be 'fuming' that you didn't win and take a loss like a man, don't complain.

« Previous12...4567891011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals