How are dead ties determined?

Tuesday 17/04/2012, 11:31
Mark.McAllister - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
6 messages
Mark.McAllister - Hero English - Tuesday 17/04/2012, 11:31

So far, every single time i've played in ELO Tournaments i've had at least 30 times where it is a dead tie. For example, 36 attack for both sides, no abilities or bonuses making any differance. It doesn't matter if i'm initiating the attack or defending it. EVERY single time my opponent attacks first and the result is me being defeated. Is there a reason for this?

2/6
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 17/04/2012, 12:43

First, please search the FAQ of the games and the forums for questions which you will encounter when you first play Urban Rivals (this question is asked at least once a month on the forums).

It depends on the star count of the 2 cards. The card with the lower star count will win if there is a tie in attack (after abilities / bonuses / Leaders ) .

For example: I play a Wardog with 5 pillz ( 48 attack ) . My opponent responds with Cassandra, also with 5 pillz ( 48 attack ) . My Wardog will win the round as his star count is lower ( 2* vs 5* ).

Now your next question will be, what if two star counts are the same ?

-> The player who "attacked" in the ROUND, will win the round. "Attacking" is where you play your card before your opponent in the round; so here's an example:

I play my Wardog with 5 pillz ( 48 attack ). You respond with Wanda, also 5 pillz ( 48 attack ). Now, because I played my Wardog first in the ROUND (not the match!), I will win the round.

Supposing you had played your Wanda first with 5 pillz, and I responded with Wardog 5 pillz, your Wanda would win...
3/6
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 17/04/2012, 12:45

Rule 1: Whichver has the lowest stars in case of an attack tie wins.
Rule 2: In case of both cards having the same number of stars, the card that goes first wins.

It's in the rules part of the website, I recommend reading it thoroughly.
4/6
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/04/2012, 13:30

The rules say that in case of a tie lower-starred card wins, if the star rating is the same, attacker wins (considering that you're playing no random)
5/6
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/04/2012, 13:33

In a tie, if your card has less stars than your opponent's, then you win and vice versa. If you have the same stars with your opponent's card, the one who attacked first wins. Of course, if you play with the Random rule, none of the above applies.

You can win even if you have less attack point than your opponent. (except in sure shots)
6/6
Growing WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 17/04/2012, 17:29

Read the FAQ.
Great stuff real helpful.
In random well its just random.
In non random if both cards have same attack lowest star count wins. If same star count, the card that was played first wins.

Straight from the FAQ!!!!

In the non-random mode, which card wins if you both have the same attack value?
When you both have the same attack in a non-random mode, the card with the fewest stars automatically wins the round.
If both cards have the same amount of stars, the card played first wins the round.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=0

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals