DT Lottery Magic Numbers

DT Lottery Magic Numbers
Thursday 26/04/2012, 15:16
XC-MerLiN - Eternal English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
DT Lottery Magic Numbers
XC-MerLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Thursday 26/04/2012, 15:16

Thought I should wait, but then decided otherwise.
The DT lottery algorithm programmed into the UR mainframe is becoming a bit predictable. If you draw a frequency distribution curve with the already awarded prices, we can find most of them huddled around two magic numbers.
I have found two. 33 and 94. Meaning if you are placed around these two places in DT, you stand a better chances of winning a prize in DT, the former being better (less standard deviation in the case of latter).
Any thoughts on this?
« Previous12Next »

11/20
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 09/05/2012, 01:10

Out of the top 5, 3rd place wins very often.
12/20
XCRollingStar - Titan English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 11:33

Hmmm, I was going to run it through spss last week, but will move that to next week due to busy period ( to try and unraffle the pattern)

few questions that I am wondering about are concerning the method:

- When the prices have been distributed, you see the best rank of the winner displayed, right? does this mean everyone that ends up in the top 150 (regardless of the amount of times a day) only participates with his best position? or gets one extra chance for every time he hits top 150? (if the latter is true, the prices won do not necessarily have to be won on the displayed rank let's say position 33 if that is simply the best rank the winner of the draw, he could had won it on a worse rank in a other dt that day).

- if the latter is true about the previous question, so ending up in top 150 a day multiple times does give you more "lottery ticket" can a player that plays 10 dts a day win multiple prices? or are his tickets withdrawn when he wins the first price?
I understand that by ending multiple times in top 150 he always enlarges his chances to win a price regardless by which of the anwsers of the last question is correct, but their is a huge difference in the amount of chance you gain by playing more dt's across the both explanations (option 1; more times in top 150 -> more tickets -> more chance | option 2: more times in top 150 -> only 149 other players that have a chance in the price draw -> very slight increase of chance of winning)
13/20
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 15:52

I believe the admins stated you only got one chance a day, regardless of how many top 150s you had. So it is not very beneficial to play in multiple DTs if you're aiming for CR.
14/20
XC-MerLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 11/05/2012, 13:06

That's good knowledge. Thanks Trippie.
15/20
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 11/05/2012, 13:55

http://www.urban-rivals.com/standard/

In the tournaments section it's written
16/20
0 avist - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 11/05/2012, 21:53

It is effective to place in more than one DT a day. Even though you may only get one chance a day, you are taking away that chance from someone else to win that CR
17/20
canopusHOA - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 12/05/2012, 03:53

To the UR sataff:

Use random.org!!!!
18/20
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 15/05/2012, 01:54

@0 avist: Reducing the chances of someone else winning a CR, even if you place in top 150 in every DT for that day, are so insignificant you might as well not bother.
19/20
0 avist - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 15/05/2012, 03:05

Thats true but every little bit helps
20/20
Jellal_Fds - Titan - Vicious Salvo English
Tuesday 15/05/2012, 23:40

LOL i just saw SPSS. Commonly for scientific papers and UR. haha

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals