Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is the popularity of UR increasing or decreasing?

Monday 24/09/2012, 21:45
Frowns - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
72 messages
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the WorldEnglish - Monday 24/09/2012, 21:45

It seems like 10,000 players online is an average number these days. Was it less or more a few years ago?
« Previous12345678Next »

31/72
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 14:19

Card Renting, eh? I like that Idea. But I think that you should charge higher for a card like Guru Cr, like 100.000 clintz for two hours.

I got an idea that can benefit both UR and the players, Player Customization. In other MMOs, players can spend money to give themselves custom titles, avatars and pets. Though it may seem trivial, people love to spend cash on trivial things.

The profile picture avatar is pretty bland, why not a picture of a person that can be customized? Like for example, for 30.000 clintz, you can give your avatar a GHEIST outfit or an Uppers tuxedo. And generic titles like "Veteran", "Imperator' ,"Eternal"? B-O-R-I-N-G.

I'd spend 50 credits to give myself a custom title, like "The Peerless" or "Cao Mengde's Proud Descendant".
And maybe small things like "spend 1000 clintz to unlock the full artwork of this character".

And those pets that I was talking about? You must spend 100 credits to buy them, or pay 1 million clintz (or more depending on the pet). Expensive yes, but they grant you perks like "earn 25% more clintz from battles" or "get 50% more Battle Points". Like the avatars, you can spend clintz to customize them. Also, with these pets, UR don't have to release more Leader.

It may take a long time before these can be realized yes, but it will pay off. I'm sure of it.
32/72
Sunday 30/09/2012, 14:28

Oh oh, I got another idea, I call it, the "Rival Guilds" system.

With this system, every guilds may secure an alliance, wage war, and even receive clintz from other guilds. If, let's say, Urban Madness is at war with The Apprentice (sorry Alan, you're still my buddy) then every members of Urban Madness will receive more BP and clintz when they win.

If they are allied however, they can't fight with members of the guild they're allied with. And the guild founders are given a vault where they can allocate clintz to their members, like stipends in an army, as incentives. To increase the limit of clintz that a GF can store, he must pay 100.000 clintz or more as his vault gets bigger.

That way, we can emphasize the "Rivals" in :Urban Rivals".

...Hey, we gotta stop thinking about the economics all the timeyou know, you have to think about the gameplay itself too!
33/72
-Montrosity- - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 15:39

Like the ideas everybody. Here's my idea for people who have played mobile games such as '*Pets Live*'. Purchasing habitats, in which helps ranks people's wealth or increase battle strength/defence. Personally l think it can be applicable as a guild bonus to achieve for. *just a passing reference
34/72
Sunday 30/09/2012, 15:54

More reasons why I think my idea should be implemented.

With this, the amount of clintz that will get sinked will increase significantly, thus lessening the effects of an inflation, and it also gives an illusion that the guilds in this game are like street gangs, who want to rule all territories, which will make the game more enjoyable.

Also like an army, if a member of a guild is inactive for let's say, two weeks, then he will get 25% less BP and clintz from battles and Kate's tax is increased by 5%. To get rid of this, he must pay 5000 clintz. as a retribute.
35/72
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 16:27

I really like Alhalishs idea, some guilds have in their description "ally" or "friend" stuff for other guilds, lets make it to use, as well as add "enemy" or so. Of course, limit every guilds "allies" and "enemies" to lets say 4 or so, so that it wont make everyone "at war" with everyone and everybody gets more benefits.
36/72
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 23:34

@Alhalish: Shut up and take my money! I mean... I approve!
37/72
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Monday 01/10/2012, 02:39

A good idea indeed.

Although maybe transferring the clintz to a vault first would be more trouble (scripting wise) than it's worth. If anything, bonus clintz should just be calculated after each battle - say the winner (without the system implemented) should have got 20 clintz while the loser (before the system was implemented) should have got 7 clintz, we should just redistribute it directly so that the loser only gets 2 clintz while the winner get 25 clintz. This will make things somewhat simpler and would not be prone to admin corruption or uneven distribution of the vault money.

Furthermore, perhaps this means that a special room for "guild wars" will have to be made where these calculations can be implemented.

Taking it a step further, each "war" could have a BP counter to calculate how much "damage" the guilds have done to each other. Since the winner of each UR match gets more BP than the loser anyway, we could implement this straight away or even use the redistribution script like the clintz part above to make it even more competitive. Perhaps each "war" should last a week (like ELO) and at the end of the week, whoever has more BP "wins" and gets a guild perk or something.

W
38/72
Monday 01/10/2012, 05:33

Gadzooks, I was in a hurry so I left out the important parts in my idea.

Guild founders AND admins will get a vault, where they can store their clintz for the guild's uses. For example, the guild founder can allocate these clintz to members , like a stipend in an army, if they're dedicated to the guild. (AKA active).

To increase the amount of clintz that you can store in the vault, you must pay lots of clintz to Kate, like 100.000 for a 25.000 clintz limit increase, and it gets more expensive as your vault gets bigger.

Also, to prevent the abusing of the alliances system, there are "relationship system". From the very start, all guilds are neutral, but, if they wage war, then their relationship will turn into "bad", then "very bad", then finally "hostile". As your relationship worsens, you can't secure an alliance and in order to get rid of that, you must reconcile by paying clintz to that guild.
The amount of clintz needed to reconcile depends on your relationship.

You can also improve your relationship to other guilds by donating cards and clintz to other guild's vault. That's right, the vault can also store cards.

....However, I think that the biggest problem is not with the economics or gameplay, but popularity. Why not introduce UR through iPhones? Not by making a UR app, but by releasing a mini game based off UR characters, with a cheap price, so that new customers can relate to them.

An Angry Birds-esque game starring Hawkins, perhaps?
39/72
wise owl - Hero English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 05:43

@Alhalish I really like that idea! why hasnt that been done yet? That would add a lot more excitement to the game. Sadly I think UR is decreasing in popularity but I think its more because it doesnt have much publicity.

@wasteroftime I disagree I think doing away with old cards is a bad way to go. It wont really be bringing in new people. All that would do is make loyal long time UR players mad that they can no longer use their decks. Kind of what standard is But having it as a seperate game type could be ok sort of like it is now. Bringing this topic back to life because I think it deserves it.
40/72
TNT_Blue - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 07:17

It is decreasing. http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=urban rivals, urban-rivals, &cmpt=q

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals