Update to the QuickBattle System in the Daily Tournaments

Thursday 25/10/2012, 17:13
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 25/10/2012, 17:13

The old QuickBattle system that was put in place for the Daily Tournaments had a few faults that we have tried to correct, notably the impossibility for certain players to find an adversary, and the fact that some players had to fight the same people over and over again. The new system that we have tried and tested was designed to overcome these problems, while maintaining the possibility for all players to participate fairly in the DTs, irrespective of the number of stars contained within their Decks.

Our criteria were as follows:

- A level zone that “recreates” the conditions of T1, adapted to a larger system (a 16-25 star zone) to give T1 aficionados the chance to play in the DTs;

- The chance to fight Decks containing the same amount of stars as the player’s Deck + or – a minimum of 5 stars (see the table for more information), in order to increase players’ fighting opportunities;

- Increased fairness within fights. For example, a player whose Deck contains 23 stars cannot challenge a player with a deck containing 32 stars.

In order to make things clearer for you, we have created a table that summarizes all the fighting opportunities available in this new QB system.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/img/localized/en/matchmaking.jpg

We very much hope that this updated system will meet with your approval. Happy gaming!

Note: Players entering DTs with a Deck of between 8 and 15 stars will be seen as having 16 stars, as far as the Matchmaking calculation is concerned, while those with a Deck of 41+ stars will be seen as having 40 stars.
« Previous12Next »

2/20
Nuclearaleksa - Master - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Thursday 25/10/2012, 17:43

I think the update is great. Thanks.
3/20
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 25/10/2012, 20:13

I can't seem to udenrdstand why player with 25* can still come up to some1 with 16*, but a minimum for 26* is 21* opponent, while maximum for both of them is +5 of their value

Either make it with strict level groups or +/- checking, don't mix the ideas

I hope it at least fixes the no opponent found or opponent chains like it is supposed to, I am really tired of seeing same face 5 or 6 times each DT
4/20
Bagadur - Titan - Pioneers
Friday 26/10/2012, 13:08

Wow, it`s terrible. The best answer is 40* desk.

Just make the 25* format again.
5/20
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 26/10/2012, 22:27

Thanks for the table. It will be helpful to send to players who ask questions about the match making in DTs.
6/20
Fun OK 6 9 - Imperator - OnE MaLaysia English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 22:46

Dear admins:
Is it possible to update the "FAQ: Game Mode: Daily Tournaments" with this latest update of matchmaking rule?
7/20
Fun OK 6 9 - Imperator - OnE MaLaysia English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 22:48

Dear admins:

Is it possible to update the FAQ on Daily Tournaments on this latest matchmaking rule?
8/20
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 29/10/2012, 03:18

It would also be wise to be a bit more vocal about this. Spread the word to more players since a large number may not read the forums.
9/20
RedKrin_LOA - Imperator - Legends of America English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 11:15

Im not fan of the new system most often it seems to place me into matches where im under in pills by a good bit or over hardly ever do i have a strait up match anymore. Neither of these options make for much fun not fun to win from the seat of haveing that much of a better hand and not fun to lose that way.

While an upset when im under by 5 stars is great it feels good because its an odd thing to have happen most often its just a sure loss
10/20
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 21:37

Just thought I'd mention that this change (I believe) actually happened maybe 5-6 days ago (can't remember exactly...). The English forum was just a little slow in getting the memo.

That being said, I believe we've all been playing under the new conditions for a few days now. So did anyone actually notice a difference? If you weren't told in this forum, would you have just kept on playing as normal? If so, then I don't understand the complaints.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals