In DTs, I'm seeing a lot of timeouts when players know they have lost by round 2. They just lost 20 pts, but my victory score is penalized too. Instead of getting 30-40 pts, I'm walking away with 20-25 pts while taking up the same time it would to get 30-40 pts. Could we find a better solution to Timeout Quitting?
1. Harsher Timeout penalty -25? -50? pts? Cumulative penalties, like doubling each time out they have? They can kiss their top 150 finish goodbye.
2. Automatically improve the winner's score to 30 pts or higher if there are enough star/pill/life bonuses to merit?
3. Improve the player matcher to track players who win/loose by time-out? Time-out losers get secondary preference or a 15 second delay in picking up a new match. "Sorry, your last loss by time-out requires a 60 second network connection stablization period." Everyone knows less time spent equals less money won.
1. I can't argue against that.
2. That would inspire cheating.
3. I don't think that's even possible.
I got it. How about a -15 withdrawl penalty instead of a -20? Or if you are really stingy, go -18. I bet people will opt for less points rather than time out. And you don't have to change anything to winner's balance, unless there is a bug with excess life/pills/star bonuses not being rewarded.
I would just add a Surrender or Withdraw button. It can end the match quicker for both players if you know you would lose. You'd still have a Surrender/Withdraw penalty but probaly not as much as a time-out like 0Test-Haruka suggested.
You know what if ur internet connection is out of service
that is bad for the loser right?since he/she is not deliberately timing out battle..