Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How About Some ELO Strategy/Tactics Advice?

Friday 28/06/2013, 12:54
(UE)Daddy - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound EffortEnglish - Friday 28/06/2013, 12:54

I honestly don't really expect an answer to this, but I'm finding that I need more than simple deck preset advice. After being away from the game for almost a year I returned... and promptly got crushed in ELO.

It always seems to go the same way - no matter what deck I use, no matter who my opponent is, they always, ALWAYS throw EXACTLY what they need to throw in order to beat me. I've lost sixteen games in a row, and am hovering way below 1000 points. My frustration and disgust level is rising, mainly because the only advice seems to be "use this preset filled with cards you can't afford and you can get up to 1300!" Meanwhile, I'm fighting opponents whose tactics seem to be throw-no-pills-until-the-very-end-and-win-with-a-1-point-life-advantage... except for those people who bury me in a pill avalanche in the first round. Nothing I do seems to work.

Really, I don't know what else to do. I understand the basics of ELO, can rock-out with the best of them in DMs and Fight Club, and have completely wiped the floor with the AI in the solo games - but ELO will not work. So, any advice? Right now I'm about ready to stop wasting my time.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Friday 28/06/2013, 13:29

First of all you're 5 below which isn't way below.
And you have 89% of the collection so I doubt you can't afford the decks.
Try calming down. Maybe wait until next week with a fresh mind.
Noone can tell you how to play. Good luck.
3/11
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 28/06/2013, 14:26

Get a good elo deck. One of the suggested ones with alternatives that are in your price range. And play with it. Doesn't matter where aslong as you play against humans. Or aliens or dolphins. But not the AI. Get to know the deck, get to know what's the weakest point with the deck, how to get around it. And so on.
4/11
rumbletug - Imperator Português
Friday 28/06/2013, 15:56

I'd recommend the same thing that thoazol said, play against people, figure out the positive stuff and the downsides about the deck you're using and see what's the best way for you to play. people can't really teach you how to play, because we all play differently and the way i play may not work with you (also each match is a match really), so the best way you have is to play against others and figure out your way of playing the game
5/11
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Friday 28/06/2013, 16:08

Thanks for the advice, both Thoazol and rumbletug. That seems to be working... I grabbed about six presets and started playing with them, and my run of bad luck seems to be reversing itself.

On an unrelated note - and this is just my opinion - does anyone else think that Fraggle (or one of his lieutenants) really should go in and start clearing away some of the older, defunct presets? One think I noticed is that there are some that were posted waaaaay back in 2009, and contain cards that are perma-banned (like the Leaders). It's not really an issue, but it can be a bit of a pain in the a$$ to wade through dozens of presets that will never again be valid just to find the few gems scattered about.
6/11
Gipsy Joe - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Sunday 30/06/2013, 18:49

You have a point but I don't think deleting presets is the best solution. One more filter or button should do the job, like "only show valid presets".
7/11
express54321 - Guru - Dreams do come true English
Monday 01/07/2013, 07:47

Personally, I think the older presets should be left up as well. Yes, they're outdated and have permabanned cards, but they can still give people a good idea of what makes a good ELO deck.
8/11
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 01/07/2013, 11:21

"Crap" decks can still work. Get a deck you are comfortable with, it will get you above 1200.
Tried lots of things, 6/1/1s, 6/2 with Bangers, 5/3s, "theoretically crappy" decks with success. Important thing is you're comfortable with what your deck is and how it works.
Sometimes it's not the quality of cards but the player. For example, some people can do really well with Ojibway, and some can't. I belong to the latter.
9/11
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 01/07/2013, 11:22

@ (UE)Daddy

How about they "refresh" the presets once in a while, so that the old Elo decks no longer fall under "Elo" format?
10/11
0 Teo - Hero - ``THe_PeRFeCT_UnKnOwN`` ελληνικά
Monday 01/07/2013, 12:20

First of all when you are playing elo you need to calm down and have clear mind.Then pick a deck that you like and it's good.After if you start losing 2-3 games in a row just stop for a while and relax.Start playing again.These are my advices.Hope they will help.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals