Kolos shouldn't be elo banned.

Sunday 11/08/2013, 22:06
Abaddon96 - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Abaddon96 - Veteran English - Sunday 11/08/2013, 22:06

With the relase cards like Raven who does his job but aren't as vurnable to SoA and has higher power (7 power is weak for 5 star in current meta), Kolos shouldn't be banned. He can't 0HKO anymore. He has 5 stars. Nightmare isn't really strong clan in general so it wouldn't be OP for them. Just my 2 cents.
I had 1350 elo in a past, im not a random Kolos lover, also i don't play Nightmare, i just think this clan is cool and deserves some love and this elo ban is not fair in my opinion.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 11/08/2013, 23:43

It's not that he's overpowered, it's just that if you don't have ability SOA (which a lot of clans just don't have...Skeelz, Pussycats, Rescue, All Stars) you have a complete guess between 0 and 8 as to how many pillz this Kolos is using. Guess correctly and the match is half won sure, but guess very wrongly and the match is close to finished if there's Oshitsune & Edwin waiting. Add in trying to guess if the opponent will play Artus or Kolos and you've got one hell of a coin flip.
3/11
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Monday 12/08/2013, 00:10

"(7 power is weak for 5 star in current meta)"
That's true if they don't have SOB, but Kolos, being in the Nightmare clan...
4/11
XC Oxen 32 - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 12/08/2013, 00:26

Kolos is Tank with SOB. Its enough.
Now Lou shouldn't be elo banned js.
5/11
Thai_231 - Veteran - 3LO MA$T3R English
Monday 12/08/2013, 18:34

"Nightmare isn't really strong clan in general" , not so strong, but they are still more common at the moment than Ulu Watu, Sentinel, Berzerk, La Junta and Bangers, in my opinion.
@ Oxen: I think you are talking about Dacote, not Tank .
And about Lou, even I am a Roots lover, I don't dare to dream that Lou will be unbanned by UR staff, since she belongs to the playing style they hate , one winning turn with Lou and the defensive Roots cards will make your opponents know how huge a 8 life gap is, even when Jeena is banned, you can replace her with heavy defender from other clans, not mentioned the rest of the Roots.
However, if Kolos is unbanned, so is Lou.
6/11
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Monday 12/08/2013, 18:36

C Wing/Orlok + Kolos

Nothing else is needed to be said
7/11
XC Oxen 32 - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 12/08/2013, 21:24

Banned Jeena and Gertjan now bring Lou or Ratanah back pls
8/11
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 13/08/2013, 04:16

@ signomi

only 1 more thing, Milena + Raven
9/11
The Ideal - Master English
Tuesday 13/08/2013, 17:15

Cards that decide the game because of 50/50 situations have been banned for a reason. Playing against Kolos and guessing if hes using 0 or 8 pills isnt skillful or fun. Even Mechakolos has been getting player banned for a reason, its just stupid to play againt. At least Raven has a weakness against soa clans which Kolos just ignores. Anyways Nightmare are in a perfect spot right now and really shouldnt be getitng messed with.
10/11
BombMonkey - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Tuesday 13/08/2013, 20:32

Raven requires both Ability, bonus, fury, and a team consisting of all La Junta in-order to pull off 12 damage.

Kolos just needs fury and his ability which is protected by his bonus.

So Kolos can deal 12 damage while Raven can't while facing GHEIST, Roots, Nightmare, Piranhas, Pussycats, and all cards with stop opponent bonus as a ability. Its around a 200 card difference and the main reason why Kolos is banned.

Cards that can Stop a 12 damage Kolos consist of all ability SOA, all SOA/SOB cards, and all damage reducing abilities. which consist of 2-5 cards from each clan and only 1-3 being actually used in elo matches leaves around 100 at most counters being more along the lines of 60 being actually used in elo. (all based on guestimations)

The cant 1 hit ko thing is a decent point but yet again, hes still able to 1 hit ko as Signomi mentioned while Raven couldn't (support ability).

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals