ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

11/307
Xavier_52 - Novice - D-Versified English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 11:17

Finally, no worries from Kolos anymore lol
12/307
pl91 - Guru - URBAN MADNESS ελληνικά
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 11:50

Since you ban them why don't u ban Striker and Marina too huh?
13/307
spinalcracker - Legend - Working Class Heroes English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:09

I think Kolos deserves a ban because he was already banned every week. The rest shouldn't be banned yet. The thing that I don't like about these new "perma-bans" is that now the votes will be concentrated on other cards that I like to use as well. By taking away these five cards, you are also pretty much placing a permanent ban on Smokey, Striker, Caelus, and probably one of the Pussycats like Charlie.
14/307
WindtheGreat - Titan English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:10

I especially like the banning of Ratanah and Zatman as these cards are definitely overpowered and critical to any Roots and Uppers setup. Banning of Hawk and Marco seems necessary to avoid players from abusing two five star cards in a Rescue and Sentinel decks, which again is extremely common in Elo. I am on the fence with Kolos but I guess it's a good thing since most players prefer Elo to be more skill based rather than luck based.

In short, Good job UR!
15/307
X-Thuga-X - Legend Português
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:32

Thanks. And now every week Marina Smokey Shakra will be banned xD

But I understood your opinions
16/307
Ponchos shirt - Guru - Heaven's Drift English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:32

I think its going to be alright spinal.. I mean think about it.. This will make DT's and ELO ALOT more different..

Im not saying they werent different already.. BUT the ELO side of things will be using many more of those cheap cards that DT's just simply refuse to use..

The Zatman thing hurts me because it makes Uppers ALOT weaker.. BUT this also keeps people from ever seeing Uppers every time they play a match!

I like the thoughts of smokey and Striker getting banned all the time because they will be the BEST cards.. Ya know?

Isnt that odd to see? "Smokey is THE BEST CARD IN ELO!!".. Yeah not really.. BUT he is one of the better cards!
17/307
Skullwiel - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:37

I think Hawk is the biggest loss because he wasnt so often in elo like Kolos or marco but keeping him not elo permament banned wouldnt help him go back to elo. ppl would still ban him
18/307
BesucherXia - Titan - XiongDang Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:40

I know whatever they do, there is absolute no chance making everyone happy.

This ruins many decks, along with mine. But I beileve that do not mean the survivors will have time celebrating. Soon the banning votes will go to those new top candidates and we will in the end see a more diversified metagame.
19/307
TR_Rhcp - Veteran English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:42

Ratanah and Zatman were the best cards for elo but now they are perm banned so Montana and Sakrohm will be a lot popular
i think copper caelus Dorian Shakra smokey Striker Marina and maybe Uranus and Petra are in ban trouble now
20/307
Skyryder_LoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 12:58

It's sad to see Zatman and Marco go again after being released from the permanent bans

I expected Kolos to be banned eventually, but Nightmare now have several strong options so they're not cripple by the loss.

Hawk was also an expected ban, but I think this drops the Sentinel effectiveness quite a bit

Ratannah's ban was also kind of expected, though like Nightmare, it doesn't cripple them.

While these bans will now open up more cards to the vote banning system, I don't know how much variety you'll see week-to-week... I expect that other cards will just get banned constantly now, like Smokey, Striker, Shakra, and Dorian

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals