ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

61/307
screw this - Senior English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 21:17

Yay. Now I can finally play in Elo
62/307
My Nigaro - Novice - East Coast Mafia English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 21:32

Marco? I never understood why he was perma-banned in the first place before the whole ELO voting format. You might as well perma-ban Oscar too since he's pretty much the same as marco.

I understand why you banned Ratanah, but honestly, she isn't THAT good.

Kolos? Obviously. Zatman is gonna have to be replaced by Frankie Hi I'm afraid. Which is good enough so I don't see why ppl are mad. Hawk? If ppl don't focus their votes on copper than Sentinel should still have no problem in ELO, just they'll need a new release of an SOA card
63/307
slick_back - Senior English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 22:24

@my nigaro: i do agree Zatman is very powerful, maybe too powerful (my bias would disagree since Uppers were a staple in ELO for me, but i digress) but he held together a clan that really has very few options. Frankie Hi cannot replace Zatman well. trust me on sayin gthis. he has the ability and bonus combo, but lacks the power to make it really work. not really good enough wen Uppers were a good halfdeck to throw together to power up things like Freaks.

i question the data of Zatman being banned though. he was admitedly banned alot when the voting system started, but people like me still used Uppers decks with cards like 3* Dorian to replace him, paired with Nellie to make a powerfull Uppers halfdeck. then people caught on to Dorian made them almost unstoppable since a halfdeck of Dorian, Zatman, Oxen, and Wendel can spell trouble for anyone without a set of DRs as one wouldnt cut it and that lets say Nellie or Rubie over Dorian was little threat. I actually want to say Zatman hasnt been banned for a few weeks straight so in the 15 week period of Kolos being banned 13 times Zatman cannot have been banned more than dorion, from my assumptions that is

Hawk, Kolos, and marco are understandable since people like to focus on the 5*s more than the lower starred powerhouses like Lehane and sentinal has many options like Havok, and Coby over copper (who wil be banned alot) and Hawk but hey are prefered because Hawk is stable 8/6 and copper boosts himself so it's more noticed.
64/307
69 hoodrich - Legend English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 22:50

Some of the All Stars should have been banned in my opinion weather it be Striker, Marina, robb, or Randy. That is just my opinion. I dont have much of a problem with the cards that were perma banned. Roots still have enough to be used as long as Shakra doesnt get voted out, Uppers have plenty of cards in that clan for an effective half deck, Rescue have sleagh, Sentinel still has copper as long as he isnt voted out, and those that use Nightmare will still use Nightmare reguardless
65/307
Dr_Bob - Master English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 22:50

Why do you guys love banning marco so much.. He is the only high hitting 5 star, aside from sledge, with enough damage to get a 2 hit sometimes. its nice to have him every other week, in stead of never. I can think of some 5 star cards that should be banned a long with marco.. atleast take Alec Cr off or something..
66/307
VCandelario - Novice English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 22:56

Thanks Mods Kolos was such a rip so was Zatman u get my praise
67/307
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 23:28

A little side comment: I just love all these lv 15-25 new players with just 1-2 weeks of ELO gaming praising/complaining about this changes like they played ELO since they were 5
68/307
Varenza - Titan - Knights Ressurection English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 00:14

Very interesting banning.

- Kolos - we are litereally staff banning it, what's the difference?
- Hawk - Not bad, I prefer Lehane, but Hawk will do it.
- Macros - Sure it's susceptible to SOA, but you only get 1 or 2 SOA in a non-Roots/GHEIST clan, and 9/7 +12 atk is extremely dangerous. With sledge out, We have more than enough replacement for 5* for Rescues.
- Ratanah - Excellent choice, Shakra is not broken, but in combination with Ratanah is. Excellent
- Zatman - I think Oxen is a great alternative for Zatman. Even w/o Zatman, I think Uppers will stay competitive.

Overall, I really liked the banning. Nerfing power clans like Roots/Uppers/Sentinel/Rescue, but not completely killing them. I do feel that without Kolos, Nightmare might never see the light of top 8 ELO again. I think Nightmare needs another 5* replacement for Kolos.
69/307
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 00:37

I am really disappionted with this, now with me it isn't that it wrecks my decks I have nearly all the cards so I can build more, its that this just moves the votes elsewhere and more cards become semi permanently banned, Sylth will once again struggle to escape the banned lists smokey etc, all the cards that you have to actualy think to play against.

The other aspect that really upsets me is that no cards have been removed from the banned list like Weel Lee or Tanavera (One or the other could be allowed both isn't really fair) along with others that arn't over powered.

Please can we have more votes and less permanent bans that way we can get rid of what we want
70/307
Ink_MoB - Imperator - Legendary Knights English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 00:45

Finally!

Junkz/Sakrohm/Skeelz/semi-evo Pussycats users REJOICE!

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals