ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

71/307
Ink_MoB - Titan - Legendary Knights English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 00:56

Anyway, I love how people are overreacting.
I prefer Urban Rivals as a strategy game rather than a game dominated only by powerful cards.

I'm PRO-Banning and I am very interested by this development. Hopefully, this is a breath of fresh air when it comes to the meta-game.
72/307
0WattZ - Master - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 00:57

This is some bull ! why bann Hawk ???? that was the senitals only chance !!!!
73/307
iGraff - Titan English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 01:12

Why are people complaining? most of these cards were ELO banned by the users themselves most of the time.
74/307
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 01:17

I don't understand why users with Titan/Legend status are complaining.
You have a lot of cards to choose from! Have you thought about building an alternate deck?

Heck, I'm just a "Hero" and you don't see me complaining.

I also don't understand why users are saying this clan or that clan is useless. My thoughts? ALL clans are BALANCED now. (or at least semi-balanced)
75/307
Miss_Cr - Titan - BrainZtorm English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 01:22

I actually lost faith in the new ban system after all the nonsense bans and the system allowed the truly broken cards... Zatman, Lehane to roam free while banning perfectly balanced cards like Striker. I actually like the old system better. With a few more perma bans a ban system may not even be necessary anymore. The staff is doing a great job of choosing cards to ban ( unlike the regular system) Keep banning!!!! Also with a good new release Ulu Watu may have a chance ahain to be useful. They just need a good 4* but keep getting crummy 3*
76/307
xc Sting - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 02:22

Well Ulu Watu has so many good 3* mb they Don`t need good 4*
77/307
Dr_Bob - Master English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 02:46

I just love how the "experienced players" think they're all that. (not all of you, of course)
78/307
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 03:04

Will Freaks dominate this time around?

Only time will tell.
79/307
TnT_Mathwiz - Imperator English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 03:22

Yeah Freaks needs a Sylth-like card that instead of poison each round, the user gains +2 life per round or something. maybe a 3* 7/2 Heal +2
80/307
0 Anderson - Titan English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 03:38

Im only at a disadvantage to the ratanha ban... i can still p[lay in elo but Ratanah was big for me.. i guess there is still Shakra but i liked having Shakra and Ratanah as a combo...

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals