We have the great pleasure of announcing you some changes which should delight the players seeking fair play. Those changes are already operational :
- In case of default win, the player who withdraw from the battle lose all the progress made in his missions during the match.
- In case of too frequent default wins (for now : 3 times during the last 15 minutes), the player cannot play temporarily and receive a message from Kate (for now : a 5 minutes ban). This limit does not apply in ELO to let the top players keep withdrawing from matches to avoid leveling up their characters.
- The mission concerning KO's with one character are now valid if there is KO and the specified character won its round, which does not need to be the last round anymore. (so you can validate KO's with Ghumbo even if you make him win the first round, which will avoid playing in a predictable way).
- Missions will not be activated in the Events' rooms anymore (we do not mind if you make arrangements in guilds' rooms, but we are against the Events created only in this purpose).
- An optimization has been done which should reduce the lag in case of large population.
I approve of the new changes except for number three. "The mission concerning KO's with one character are now valid if there is K.O. and the specified character won its round, which does not need to be the last round anymore." I feel the point to this mission is that the card designed for the K.O. mission is the one doing the K.O. Since a K.O. is a knock-out, I feel that the only card deserving that is the one that actually knocks the opponent out.
@ Bemmoth: Well, we could probably do with a new mission description to justify the change:
Finish the match with a KO after winning a round with Card X
The con to the old rule is that while it made it challenging for the person attempting the mission, it also left him with fewer options for viable strategies (he knows he absolutely must end the match with Card X or it's a waste of his time). So his strategy revolves around getting the opponent's health down low enough before he ends the game with Card X. I'll admit that this objective makes the mission more challenging, but it also makes the game more rigid.
The new rule allows for greater flexibility on the part of the challenger, but still requiring a K.O. win. This also increases the difficulty of the game for the opponent since he won't know necessarily whether or not you're going for a K.O. or if you're simply trying to win the match (that Ghumbo could or could not be a bluff now).
As far as game mechanics go, I don't see a problem with this at all.