New version of the Flash game

Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
146 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39

After several months of testing and successive Beta versions, we’ve finally officially launched the new version of the Flash game client. Totally rewritten (in ActionScript3 rather than 2, for those of you who are interested), this version is not only more reliable, faster and safer, it also allows us to add new features more easily.
We’ve done everything in our power to ensure you Don’t feel disorientated when moving from the old version to the new. However, some of the options that were active by default will no longer be available. The purpose of this guide is to tell you about what’s new, what’s gone and the options available on this new version.

Losses:
- The menu on the bottom left in the list of players has been replaced by an “exit game” button.
- The info of % from the collection has been removed from the lower screen bar.

New features:
- Players’ photos appear in the list of players and during the fight.
- (Optional) animations for the effects of the abilities between rounds (life wins, poisons, etc.).
- The (optional) display of the “free” Pillz and processing of this in the counters.
- Indication of the time left in a round in minutes and seconds.
- Button allowing you to pass from normal mode to accelerated mode to display animations.
- Pillz played in the previous round will be displayed.
- Descriptions of the characters, clans, abilities and bonuses will be displayed directly in the game.
- Addition of the directly usable XP in the end of fight summary.
- Addition of several different types of music depending on the clans visible on the ground.

What is the “free” Pillz?
The “Free” Pillz has always existed. It’s the Pillz that is added to your character when you play him or her. In the previous version of the game, if you had 10 Pillz on your counter, your character could have a maximum of 11 times its power (10 Pillz + the start-up Pillz). So in the previous game when you were calculating the number of Pillz your opponent could play, you would add “+1” to the amount displayed on the counter. The discrepancy between the information displayed and the actual information has always bothered us, which is why in the new version, the game “shows” you the free Pillz in the counter so you no longer have to add 1 when making your calculations. The figure displayed in your opponent’s counter is the exact figure. The game system hasn’t changed. We’ve just changed the way the information is displayed.

If you are bothered by the free Pillz being displayed:
Although we think this new display is an improvement on the old version, we realize that veteran players, used to the old system, might be bothered by it. If so, Don’t worry. Simple go to game options (the little button on the bottom left during the game) and deactivate the free Pillz display. You will then return to the previous system. We do however advise you to give the new system a try.
Hello all,

If you think the game seems “slower”:
As we’ve added animations to certain stages that were previously invisible, the game may seem slower than previously. But Don’t worry. If you’re in a hurry, you can deactivate most of the animations for an overall speed that is faster than the previous version. Once in game options, the best settings for optimizing speed are: activate “speed up fight animation”, deactivate “inter-round animations”. Tip: you can hit the “enter” button repeatedly to validate pop-ups and quickly go back for another round.

Have fun
« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

131/146
Eogran - Titan - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Friday 07/01/2011, 02:50

I don't know if this has already been said and I don't feel like going through and reading it all but the sound effects at the end are TERRIBLE!
132/146
Tulafor2010 - Hero - Soul City English
Friday 07/01/2011, 04:57

Why Don't you guys fix the fact that every time Don't is typed it links to Don...
133/146
Lord Cristian - Moderator - United Romania Română
Friday 07/01/2011, 09:11

The system has a lot of pros like the xp system which is great for pfullers, the fact that you can get back into a battle in progress much faster

However there are a few downsides:
1. the new engine is unstable - i had to switch to the previous version because i kept getting a "fatal error must reload" message
2. connection checker is too sensitive. any small lag triggers it
3. hiding the forfeit button has caused more timeouts. forfeit is a concept that has existed in sports for ages and it means you admit defeat. i see it as a fast and clean way to move on to the next game. i know others are bothered by it but i think even them prefer a forfeit to a timeout.
4. the free pill system - this is a subjective matter but it does not simplify anything. Since 1 pill is added each turn it can get really confusing to calculate the remaining pillz when using +/- pillz abilities. I hate it on the iPhone and i hate it now

I am sure that after some more tweaks the new AS3 interface will be preferred by most players. Until then i am forced to use the old one (because of reason 1)
134/146
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 07/01/2011, 09:49

@lord cristian: can you be more specific (as much as you can) regarding 1. and 2. ?
135/146
0-b0szke - Veteran - Den of Urban Masters English
Friday 07/01/2011, 10:16

Slower game!and when my internet connection getting worse, but its not disconected the move I done canceled and I've no time to redo it.
And in DM when the 20 minutes and the extra time finished,it shows the final results but the results arent disapearing
136/146
0-b0szke - Veteran - Den of Urban Masters English
Friday 07/01/2011, 10:18

I agree with Lord Cristian
137/146
Lord Cristian - Moderator - United Romania Română
Friday 07/01/2011, 12:14

Regarding 1:
This is the error i get no matter what i do:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2453/screenshot20110107at113.png
I can play the game normally with the old version

Regarding 2:
I get the "cannot contact server please check you connection" message from time to time even though my connection is fine. If i press the OK button on the message the game resumes normally.
I guess that you have a listener function in Flash that checks if the communication between a computer and the server is working. If it doesn't work you get the error message and when you click OK it attempts to reestablish the connection. I got this message a lot of times today and after i clicked OK the game resumed normally. What i was trying to say is that it would be better if the game tried to auto-reconnect a few times before giving the error message.

I am using MAC OSX 10.6.5, Firefox 3.6
138/146
Ian_WCH - Senior - Working Class Heroes English
Friday 07/01/2011, 12:46

In deathmatch, i keep getting "Quick Battle: Unavailable" which is not acceptable in deathmatch
139/146
Boredy_FIM - Guru - Bronies English
Friday 07/01/2011, 13:01

@Hangky
That is because there is extra time. The deathmatch is over, and people who are still in matches get to finish their's up. You, on the other hand, have completed your matches. You have to wait for them to complete theres.
140/146
Pimplicious - Imperator English
Friday 07/01/2011, 13:49

Game loses connection
and no no its not my internet

« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals