New version of the Flash game

Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
146 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39

After several months of testing and successive Beta versions, we’ve finally officially launched the new version of the Flash game client. Totally rewritten (in ActionScript3 rather than 2, for those of you who are interested), this version is not only more reliable, faster and safer, it also allows us to add new features more easily.
We’ve done everything in our power to ensure you Don’t feel disorientated when moving from the old version to the new. However, some of the options that were active by default will no longer be available. The purpose of this guide is to tell you about what’s new, what’s gone and the options available on this new version.

Losses:
- The menu on the bottom left in the list of players has been replaced by an “exit game” button.
- The info of % from the collection has been removed from the lower screen bar.

New features:
- Players’ photos appear in the list of players and during the fight.
- (Optional) animations for the effects of the abilities between rounds (life wins, poisons, etc.).
- The (optional) display of the “free” Pillz and processing of this in the counters.
- Indication of the time left in a round in minutes and seconds.
- Button allowing you to pass from normal mode to accelerated mode to display animations.
- Pillz played in the previous round will be displayed.
- Descriptions of the characters, clans, abilities and bonuses will be displayed directly in the game.
- Addition of the directly usable XP in the end of fight summary.
- Addition of several different types of music depending on the clans visible on the ground.

What is the “free” Pillz?
The “Free” Pillz has always existed. It’s the Pillz that is added to your character when you play him or her. In the previous version of the game, if you had 10 Pillz on your counter, your character could have a maximum of 11 times its power (10 Pillz + the start-up Pillz). So in the previous game when you were calculating the number of Pillz your opponent could play, you would add “+1” to the amount displayed on the counter. The discrepancy between the information displayed and the actual information has always bothered us, which is why in the new version, the game “shows” you the free Pillz in the counter so you no longer have to add 1 when making your calculations. The figure displayed in your opponent’s counter is the exact figure. The game system hasn’t changed. We’ve just changed the way the information is displayed.

If you are bothered by the free Pillz being displayed:
Although we think this new display is an improvement on the old version, we realize that veteran players, used to the old system, might be bothered by it. If so, Don’t worry. Simple go to game options (the little button on the bottom left during the game) and deactivate the free Pillz display. You will then return to the previous system. We do however advise you to give the new system a try.
Hello all,

If you think the game seems “slower”:
As we’ve added animations to certain stages that were previously invisible, the game may seem slower than previously. But Don’t worry. If you’re in a hurry, you can deactivate most of the animations for an overall speed that is faster than the previous version. Once in game options, the best settings for optimizing speed are: activate “speed up fight animation”, deactivate “inter-round animations”. Tip: you can hit the “enter” button repeatedly to validate pop-ups and quickly go back for another round.

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...1415Next »

21/146
Infiniti - Senior English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:24

The only problem i see is that in the old version when you did dm it would come with the results but on the new it doesnt,
will this be changed in the future?
22/146
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:24

@rexxie: it has been fixed. (should have at least)
23/146
URS_Peer - Legend - UR Stars Deutsch
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:35

I don't really like the "klick to start" - every extra-klick slows it down.

Also, used character are black/white now, before they were shaded (?). I really prefer the old way, it was way more easy to quickly see the difference between fresh and used characters.
24/146
KingOfHeaven - Titan - Carry ON Português
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:43

Is there any way to disable the first "Click here to start the battle" screen ?? it's kind of annoying, seriously

All the rest seems beautiful, at least.. but i wonder if the DTs won't become slower with all the new animations
25/146
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:45

Not too thrilled yet, but I'm a vet, so I guess I will have to adapt
really giving it a chance though!!
not being negative, just realistic

I do have questions though;
- In the old version, I was able to get back into the room and immediately restart searching for a new opponnent..That was like two clicks...Is there a way to do this with the new system, or am I missing something??
- Why do I have to click a "start battle" button when normally the game was immediatelly loaded?

thanks in advance!!
26/146
mostDGK - Senior - UnaBombers English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:46

This new version is the exact same thing on the iPhone/iPod version, during a battle that is
I might even start to play on the pc because of it. I tried playing on the pc and it would mess me up, that extra pill thing.

I have a lot if ideals about new features...

1.) I would love to have a private chat section as well as being able to message someone after a battle. I hate having to add them to my friends list just to tell them "good game" or wait and hope they message me after the battle.

2.) add the clan bio to the clans. You could make it as a card, like the clan symbol as the picture and when you click on it, it will have the clan bio where the charater bio would be. This being the 1st card in the clan.

3.) how about a daily t tracker? You can have a pop up window that tells us our place, who we are behind as well as our friends place after each match. Something like you have for deathmatch.

4.) why not add a "iPhone/iPod" section to the message boards on the pc version?
(this would be added to the pc version of course)

That's just 4 ideals I have more.
27/146
Insamnius - Titan Português
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:47

What i want to know about this update is, how do i turn it off?

You added loads of options, all of which that had a turn off option i turned off, because it just made the game slow.

You added loads of information to the cards including power, damage and stars, kudus to that, but, you've also added pills spent which includes the extra pill. Well excuse me for being confused when i start an ELO match and see my oponent has spent 7 pills on his first card and still has 6 left.

Starting matches, where's the option to deactivate the hints, i don't want them, and i don't want to have to "click" to confirm that i have chosen to fight.

Even after i disabled all the new features i could, and clicked the 2x speed feature, the whole match still seems "slower", including the time between matches, the whole "I have finished the match" back to the "I'm fighting again" seem to take a lot more steps to complete, this should have been made faster and not slower.

All and all, kudus for some of the info added to the cards, but the rest was just unecessary and made the whole experience "slower". I wonder if the top scores in the tournament and DM matches will reflect this "slowness".

Thank you for your time,

-Ricardo
28/146
Ariakan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:47

A nice update. Here are my likes and dislikes.

The overall gameplay seems faster especially on my older machines, I will have to try a full dp on my main pc later to see the effects the changes have.

A nicer look and feel to the graphics of the game.

Dislikes:

Additional animation screens. Not the ones that can be turned off but there is now a pre match screen that appears after quick battle has found you an opponents where you now have to click/enter to even begin the battle - why? - does the wait time here count towards the total battle time? So if you opponent is lazy and does not click start will his move time be reduced? If not this could drag games out even longer.

Timer - I do not like the clock timer showing how much time you have left to move - this gives people who stall games an even easier time as they can now wait until the very last second whereas before there was a chance they would time out.

I mainly play DT so my personal preference for any changes will be geared towards speed. I would love it if during DT all settings were automatically set to be optimised for speed as it now looks like your score could be significantly affected if you run into a lot of players now using x2 speed and additional animations off.

I do not mean to seem too negative and am very appeciative of the time and effort put in by the staff to drive the game forward.

All in all a promising update.
29/146
KingOfHeaven - Titan - Carry ON Português
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:48

Is there any way to remove the "Click here to start the battle" screen? It's annoying..

All the rest seems beautiful, but i wonder if so many animations won't hinder the playability of DTs
30/146
Demonic Flash - Novice English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 17:53

Aw man these free pillz are messing me up >.

« Previous12345678910...1415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals