Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

21/533
Nintendan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:14

I really don't know about 15 life points. It would really make winning by 2 hit a lot harder, which is what I think the staff wants. I also think they might be doing this to make some of those - damage cards more useful. This will also make cards like Sigma and other high damage poison cards more scary.

I agree with Oshitsune, Rowdy, Shann, Emeth and Copper but I think some of the picks could have been better. Blasster is still in and that's just madness right there. He's amazing strong and idk why he hasn't been banned yet. Lou I don't really get. I think it's just getting harder and harder to make a high star Roots half deck. Sooner or later it will be all 2-3* support - Damage cards. I think Toro should go over Rolph. I'm a little shocked not seeing Uranus on the list, banned alot and still one of the if not the best DR around. Her and Sigma in elo with 15 life now can clean up.

Cards I would like to see come back.......Ratanah. Gotta give the Roots something to play with, and with 15 life she's not as big a threat.
22/533
arcueid_14 - Imperator - Gamerz Sanctuary English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:16

Well, maybe we should wait and see the effect of this change in the future

Hope something interesting will happens and hope UR released new "ELO Usable" Roots card immediately
23/533
Stygian Sky - Guru - FLiCKERS English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:16

Ridiculous.

by getting rid of Lou + the constant bans on the Roots cards you effectively get rid of Roots in elo.
by changing the life points to 15 you take out the 2hko strategy for La Junta and fang pi, the only reason they are in elo.
by banning copper you erase Sentinel existence in elo
by banning Oshitsune + constant banning of Ghumbo you take out 2 staple nukes in Nightmare
by banning evo cards there is no more use for cards to have an early ability, and deck designs become stale.

but my main point is, you have been shrinking elo again and again by this constant bans. why not widen it up a bit by making some changes that are not restrictions?
24/533
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:20

I meant - Opps life cards in my first paragraph not - Damage... My bad
25/533
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:22

I'm surprised by the banning of Lou and Bridget. The rest had it coming. Regarding five-starred Roots, with 15 life to start with, Ojibway is suddenly looking stronger.

I'm glad to see semi-evo characters gone. I don't like feeling second-class to the person who can afford to keep purchasing 3-star Yayoi.
26/533
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:24

I'm spamming this up, but taking copper out really doesn't kill sentinels, Owen is pretty good in the first place and now with 15 life points he's even better. It's time for - Opp life cards to shine.
27/533
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:26

Well with life increases Bridget's a no brainer for banning, Copper, Rolph I saw coming. Lou somewhat suprises me, just because they have pretty much castrated Roots now, Shann was overpowered as was Emeth, but with increased life and La Junta with no attack manipulation I kind of disagree with the Emeth ban unless they start giving stuff back to them and FPC as well. Rowdy ticks me off but doesn't suprise me, Oshitsune just really irks me. Nightmare have nothing, absolutely nothing without Oshitsune, he is the only reason Nightmare is even playable. UR better find a quick replacement to Oshitsune and do some power balancing because the clans that are only going to matter with these new changes are the attack manipulation clans, Freaks and Pirana's everything else is going to fall to the wayside. I don't mind the increased life, it just really screws over the damage clans and clans without attack manipulation in the short term until they can start balancing the clans again, that's why I am suprised Lou, Emeth, and Oshitsune got the boot with these clans being very weak due to the new changes.
28/533
timewar LOA - Titan English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:29

I don't like it.
15 life is a horrible idea. 2HKOs are very much a part of the strategy, but with 15 you'd need a 7 and an 8 damage card.
Banning semi-evo cards makes evolution useless. We already have reserve points to evo cards faster and now there's no use for semi-evo cards. You might as well give us the cards at max level then.
Oshitsune is the Nightmare card you ban? Ghumbo is much more dangerous. Oshitsune is laughable against a card with SOA ability or an attack manipulation ability.

I do like the bans of Shann, Emeth, Copper, and Rowdy.
29/533
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:30

I only want go give some pessimistic remarks especially Lou..
Lou that no one even consider to use in Shakra Ratanah time, and just now, this card is banned
ridiculous I must say

15 life, really? now there is no point to build a deck concentrating 2 hit KO anymore
not many people consider fang pi, and now I will not consider this option anymore because +2 damage bonus main point is to do 2 hit KO

the problem is, what is the meaning of EASY two shots?
there is no such thing as easy two shot, it is how you prevent it, if you are locked in situation of two shot, that means you make wrong moves
it is different than 1 hit KO that you cannot prevent it
you can prevent 2 hit KO by preventing opp winning previous rounds

another thing is, it is up to your build whether you want to build 2 hit KO deck or not
some people prefer power on sacrificing 2 hit KO option
when you cannot do 2 hit KO and your opp can, it is your job how to prevent it.
and 2 hit KO is an excitement when play UR, there is nothing more fun and mind screwing than fighting opp with high pressure
NOT something like this, it is like from normal ELO mode to BABY ELO mode because you have fail safety system (3 more lives)

nevertheless, this is just a testing mode, it still can be changed, but I don't like it when I see it
I'm not an ELO player to begin with, another good reason NOT to PLAY UR especially ELO (as I still like collecting character)
30/533
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:34

I also don't care about semi-evolved gone, but then why even have early abilities? Obviously this is only meant for ELO and not T2 matches but I just don't get it.

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals