Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

31/533
IM_Poj-Poj - Guru English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:34

GREAT!!! love the15 life change, that will make som interesting and NEW decks see the light.. and posible even Freaks! cool! the ban on semi-evo only effects the players with the clintz to use on them.. so again GREAT this will make things more ballanced between "poor" and "rich" players. the perma-band.. none of them was soo big of a suprise..i had wished that Oshitsune wasn't band.. but i can see why he got perma band.
32/533
TNTgoBoom - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:36

Lol. I find it funny how Copper finally gets the ELO shaft. Lou's ban seems a tad uncool, being a Roots player myself Lou is among the few good 5 star Roots. Oshitsune, thank god, I always hate playing him and hate playing against him. Rowdy, damn. the rest, oh well
33/533
diginator - Titan - gladiators English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:37

I personally do not like the changes... emeth is my fav card (shot down) junta is my clan (shot down) and overall its not fair... but i really dont like 15 health thats stupid. i think elo is the stable place where 12 is 12 is 12... survivor can get changed, have dm get changed, but dont change elo!

no to perma banned cards
-Copper good choice (as much as i hate to say it)
-Rolph another of my fav... probably had to go too
-Shann most definetly did not belong in elo

Bad
Bridget was fine and not overpowered great for newbs to get into the groove and big people didnt even use her...
Lou... really?

neutral Oshitsune and Rowdy were on the edge for me but i guess they could be perma...

Still since Shakra and Lou banned let Ratanah back in (wasnt that the deal Ratanah or Shakra not both?)
Striker should be back too (there are so many counter soa cards and no soa teams let All Stars have him)
um still missed Kerozinn Cr just saying
34/533
WMD_Trooper - Legend Português
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:46

Changes to raise Max 6 on Gudvibz and Ash should be considered if the 15 life stays. Otherwise, I like and agree with the changes.
35/533
Luna requiem - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:48

Good news for the Freaks, poison takes more damage potentially. Terrible news for Fang Pi Clang who are focussed a lot on the two hit kills and are pretty underused as it is Also the new heal max 6/max 8 cards are less useful
36/533
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:53

I like the idea of 15 starting life points. This reduces the danger of 2-hit-ko and makes it much easier to calculate. Less coin flip situations.

new permanently banned characters:
- Oshitsune: One of the most broken cards ever, comparable with Caelus. I already knew it on the day of his release that he is broken. With 5 stars instead of 4 he would still be extremely good.
- Emeth: Obviously a 7 / 8 card with potential + 20 attack is ridiculous.
- Shann: + 4 Pillz is extremely annoying. Makes the game unenjoyable.
- Rowdy: a very good card for sure. But was it necessary to ban him permanently? I doubt it.
- Rolph: This ban is justified. SoA, merciless power reducer, critical damage of 6. simply a beast.
- Lou: Decent card but I would not permanenlty ban her. Especially if the starting life points are increased!
- Bridget: a ban is not necessary at all.
37/533
- Silver - Hero - Open Casket English
Friday 28/01/2011, 16:05

If you're not going to allow semi-evo in ELO, you should consider unbanning Wanda, 'cause really, she's doesn't deserve a ban.
38/533
bob59300 - Imperator - Ωmega English
Friday 28/01/2011, 16:07

Pussycats are dead,
ban Wanda and Charlie was enough
39/533
Twisted DIm - Veteran - Dragões Imortais Português
Friday 28/01/2011, 16:11

Why all these negative reactions so fast?

Can't we try it before start complaining?
40/533
kwecky_OK - Legend - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 28/01/2011, 16:11

Nooo.. not Rowdy, I need him to the Junks ELO.
Shann!? two stars shouldnt get banned

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals