Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...789101112...5354Next »

91/533
ChaosTheoryUltr - Imperator English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:16

Ok well it has all been said about how without Copper Sentinals are toasted and banning Lou was a bad idea. The rest I begudgingly agree with. Dont like it but cant avoid it. The new rules... not liking. And its not because they unfair but because they kill La Junta and FPC who's only stratagy was 2 hit ok's (for the most part). Also SIDE NOTE: By making the heal cards with such low mins and raising health in ELO this makes any chance of them working usless. Doesnt it? I mean the new ones may be better but if you put maxs at 6 and 8 there effects will never, never get activated. Needs serious reconsideration UNLESS the UR staff have some sort of grand vision and are farsighted with this.
92/533
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:21

So if this stays, loads of cards with great -life abilities will probley get permi banned, with no unbans.
93/533
Inferno-MOB - Hero - Masters of Battle English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:24

WTF u can't ban copper no perm vann copper will kill Sentinel and they were just starting to get good with the release of kamaruka
94/533
Storm007 - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:35

I gotta agree with all the new changes, they bring some more diversity into the game i think, more ways to play, and to me most of them seems balancing. We'll see after few weeks of testing, so i don't think we need that panic that's in some posts. Give it a try, people.
Cheers to admins for these changes, bringing some fresh air into game.
95/533
Jungo SR_OC - Hero - Open Casket English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:39

Still no new missions
96/533
wsn_gosu - Titan English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:47

I'm sorry but the semi-evo ban is just totally unreasonable... It takes away an important part of the game
97/533
DjGSP - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 28/01/2011, 21:49

I like the new perma ban... though Bridget (i don't think many use her)
Well i think they should perma ban Blaaster, Selma and possibly more
98/533
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 28/01/2011, 22:01

Hmm after banning cards that are essential to clans like Smokey Cr, Striker and Wanda, more cards are being banned. Rowdy, Lou, Emeth, Rolph, Shann and Copper. This now makes 3 completely usable clans, Vortex, FPC and Freaks.

And to top that, there still are staff bans and perma bans. This is preposterous, many clans were weakened last time this happened now to add to it some of the clans that are easy to play with for beginners like Junkz Rowdy? If this is supposed to help newer players have a chance.. well it would really help much.

On top of this, Copper, Rowdy, Shann, Emeth, Lou, Rolph and Oshitsune are frequent cards in DTs and some newer players are saving up to get them but they now have a -2 penalty? How are we supposed to make essential 2 hit Ko decks if some of the best cards for DTs in their clan have a point penalty.

And 15 life... well this ruins the game completely for me, Sigma will be the queen of elo now and Freaks will have some light sure, but it is now making the game way more complicated than the simpleness that many players enjoy.

Semi evo cards... yes they do help like Deebler and Vermyn N but they were manageable, I never used them and I still was able to advance against them with ease. Now that I could afford them, I just find out that they are out too?

I'm terribly sorry but this is a ridiculous update and I completely am against this. Like I said before, I enjoy the simplicity of UR and that contributes to why I play it but now it's gone o.O
99/533
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Friday 28/01/2011, 22:47

Copper was just immediately replaced by Owen in like all my decks. Yeah, Owen has less power, but now he does even more damage than Copper thanks to the life gain. Whoot.

I think that Jungo just replaced my FPC and Junta. Jungo was already in the life differences game, now Junta and FPC are going to struggle with the 2hko.
100/533
krokmithaine - Titan - La famille de Don Vincenzoo English
Friday 28/01/2011, 23:14

We need 2 ELO rooms: good old fashion ELO & testing lab ELO. I think it is the simplest and better way to make everybody happy again. Changing is nice but better add possibilities than replace formerly good gamemodes.

And by the way I also agree with @Steve-087 proposition for testing more than 25* ELO decks together with life change.

removing semi-evo doesn't really make sense. But doesn't hurt too bad either (I'm not rich ).

The only major problem is banned characters. Please create ELO friendly alternatives for some clans. I never play Roots, rather Piranas ( no bans but Smokey irate, but i can understand frustration from some players. The issue lies more in the lack of choice left than in the bans directly. Because let's face it there are some new cards releases that make no sense. For a Pirana example why creating Puff 2* in a clan that possesses already Tula, Hawkins, Hawkins Noël, Spycee with soon the killer Bonnie Ld (plus 3 other shitty 2*)? I'm happy coz' i play Piranas and Puff is a great wall, but imo some other clans are much more in need for ELO playable cards.

« Previous12...789101112...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals