The Slot Machine : Winners and Losers!!

Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41
XC-MeRLiN - Eternal Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
112 messages
XC-MeRLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41

Shall we open a thread dedicated exclusively for posting the big winnings and losses we all had and still have, and will always have; with this infernal machine?
Big winners, please post here with a screenshot hosted in tinypic or elsewhere (no, tinypic is not paying me anything. )
Also please post useable statistics regarding what you think is the investment:return ratio and the probability of each of the objects appearing in each column (that is for advanced statisticians).
Let's have a go and see whether there is any point in playing it, or we can gather enough information and then approach the developers with improvement ideas. Thank you all.
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

101/112
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 05:45

I think the explanation is a lot more simple than that.
A relative newcomer could win the tombola and price a CR to sell ASAP, instead of going through all the bother of trying to get the best possible price. (A bird in the hand beats to in the bush, right?) That helped keep the CR prices down.
102/112
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 06:28

Just like a real slot machine or a real life lottery
the only difference is there is no real cost except to log on once in a while

the slot machine is guaranteed clintz. but some get bitter cause their effort is rewarded with so little clintz... from my experience this it works out to less than 10 clintz per ticket you use.

the lottery is a dream.... our small effort is rewarded with a glimmer of hope of a big win. but the odds of winning is unlikely.

which one makes us feel happier.... well for people with clintz the lottery is nice
which one is actually more beneficial for the players who really need it... well the slot machine ofcourse.
103/112
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 06:48

That sounds all well and good, but if you're going to compare it to a real slot machine, remember that a real slot machine owner deceiving patrons about the odds would likely end up in jail.

Furthermore, as the tombola provided more excitement, which is what we play games for... You could very well argue that it was more beneficial to all players. Look at it this way: Do we want a more even distribution of clintz, or do we want more excitement in the game?
104/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 13:05

I want a more even distrubution which i got and i find it more exciteing then the tombola as i can see the reels spin instead of just clicking on a ticket and i know i have a higher chance to win someting even if its small
105/112
Gipsy Joe - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 17:51

I think the chance of winning 250k is 0 because all the Oscar heads are in one reel

Btw it's not true that the slot machine pays out better. As I remember you could buy 10 tickets for 1000 (sorry if I'm mistaken), and if you played 10 different numbers you had guaranteed 100 clintz, so 10 clintz/ticket. I used hundreds of tickets in the slot machine and the avarage payout was always worse in big quantities.
The only pro in the slot machine is that you can use more than 25 tickets a day.

I wish there was an option to play masses of tickets at once, because it's way too boring to spin and spin and spin and wait for the reels to stop every time when you have too many tickets.
106/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 18:07

I find i make more on the slot machine but thats luck. Some people make more some less
107/112
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 18:13

Heh, that's a very interesting point actually... As of recently I've only ever seen the Oscar heads come up on the last slot, usually all 3 in a row.
108/112
XC-MeRLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 18:51

Post 103: Ghelas, I would settle for a steady income rather than an excitement which is nowhere in sight.
109/112
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 22:08

I average about 10 clintz per ticket and ill only play it once i have at least 12 so i can play all 3 reels. the guild bonus for extra tickets also exists now, which did not exist when we only had the lottery. i highly doubt UR would have introduced bonus tickets if the lottery was still the existing system.
110/112
Thursday 13/09/2012, 03:41

I agree that it's not the worst system ever -- it's just somewhat misleading (would still love to see a list of jackpot winners, if any!) and lackluster. There really were a lot of things wrong with the tombola, I just feel like the slot machine was a step sideways rather than a step forward. Problems were dealt with, new problems of equal or greater caliber were introduced.

Some numbers to think about:
10 tickets = 125 clintz
The cost of 1 ticket = 12.5 clintz
Estimates for slot machine payout vary widely, but from my own over 10k tickets and the estimates of others...
Payout roughly = 50-65% of the value of what you put into it in ticket costs

If I am not mistaken, with full guild bonus you get 3 free tickets a day, which is 1 full spin. Let's forget about the payout estimate for now since it's the least accurate number we have, and assume the payout is 100%! Even with this VERY generous estimate you ONLY get 37.5 free clintz per day.

Does the slot machine distribute clintz more evenly? Sure. Is it a significant source of income for anybody? If you ask me, no. Does it help new players? Again, if you ask me, no. Watching a single video produces about twice as much clintz as you get from your free daily tickets (keep in mind our estimate for that income was high.)

So, that sums up my issues with it. It doesn't do anything exciting or interesting. We don't know if the jackpot is even technically winnable. And it doesn't seem to contribute very much at all.

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals