The Slot Machine : Winners and Losers!!

Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41
M e R L i N - Eternal English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
112 messages
M e R L i N - Eternal - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41

Shall we open a thread dedicated exclusively for posting the big winnings and losses we all had and still have, and will always have; with this infernal machine?
Big winners, please post here with a screenshot hosted in tinypic or elsewhere (no, tinypic is not paying me anything. )
Also please post useable statistics regarding what you think is the investment:return ratio and the probability of each of the objects appearing in each column (that is for advanced statisticians).
Let's have a go and see whether there is any point in playing it, or we can gather enough information and then approach the developers with improvement ideas. Thank you all.
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

61/112
ItsMyYard - Master - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 10/07/2012, 21:48

Damn, you called my bluff

Well played Internet warriors, well played.
62/112
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 11/07/2012, 20:15

I am a little bit concerned that maybe literally no one has won the jackpot so far...
63/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 12/07/2012, 12:16

Maby its just no one who speaks English has won it
64/112
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 12/07/2012, 16:45

Maybe, but that would still mean that the odds of winning are ridiculously low... When we had the old tombola, we had a winner every day, sometimes for much bigger sums than 250,000... And we could tell exactly who those winners were.

On one hand, I can see the downside of making players too rich too fast, but on the other hand, it was just 1 a day, and I guarantee that the tombola kept more people coming to the site every day than the slot machine does. So, was it really such a good decision?
65/112
dbf159 - Senior - BulgariaN Guild English
Sunday 02/09/2012, 15:12

Where's the slot machine? I have tickets for it
66/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 03/09/2012, 16:19

You have to be using the new game version and be on the Urban Rivals website (the app dosn't have a slot machine). If you are you can find it next to the chat tab on the fight screen.
67/112
BilabongtvWMD - Legend - Wise Men Distracted Português
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 12:57

Won 10k on slots once with i believe 7 tickets, just thought this would be the thread to post this in.
68/112
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 16:05

I think tombola or lottery is the only way for me to get a good rares. the chance is small, but you can put 25 tickets per day and increase your chance

the lottery also absorb useless common cards to tickets or money to tickets (by buying useless common)
this is considerably decrease the number and clintz available in the market and decrease the chance of over-flooded market with useless card that worth almost nothing
common card becomes more valuable thus the price increase
coupled with 7 credit common pack, new player can sell their cheap card for some clintz (yeah, even the cheapest one will not gonna be 100, but around 200)

rich player will keep buying and selling their cards
poor player can sell their cards even from getting a cheap card
a win-win solution

the problem?
who the hell in the right mind not to suspect a level 15 player who registered in 2006 suddenly win a DJ Korr Cr?
yes, that's the main problem, UR staff don't bother to check it whether it is an alt account or not (even an alt account as obvious as above can win a lottery)
this problem increases the number of people with alternate account

slot machine is sucks, I'm sure I used almost 700 tickets and only won 1000 clintz once or twice
69/112
Fibao - Imperator - The CheeseHeadz English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 19:50

@ -infiniti- holy woooow how do you get the UR stats thing to look liek that
70/112
M e R L i N - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 05/09/2012, 22:20

Though I am the creator of this thread, and promised to do some serious sampling and SPS work, I have refrained from further research because it's so pointless. Sorry guys.
The odds are just like any other lottery or gambling.
Heavily tilted in the house's favour.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals