DT Guide

DT Guide
Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07
Mr Intelijent - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
110 messages
DT Guide
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-VersifiedEnglish - Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07

This is the long anticipated DT Guide. I have won DTs in both formats so should know what I am talking about.
These rules apply for both formats.

1.In DT there are two types of decks that generally see great results. The high damaging deck and the low star deck. A High damage deck is one where you will get at least two 6 damaging cards half the time or more. A low star deck in Type 1 Is a deck with less than 23 stars while in Type 2 it is usually a 9 – 10 card deck which is under 27 stars.

2.Normally I say to include these cards but not this time, Damage Reducers, Heal Cards and + Life cards will slow you down. Try not to include them in your deck and if you must then make it 1 Max.

3.Rule 2 being said, Jungo, Pussycats and Sakrohm will generally slow you down and dramatically lower your chances in any format. Recommended you do not use these clans even in half deck.

4.Try and go mono (1 Clan) as this will make your deck stronger. Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is drawing a 3/1 split and not getting the bonus you wanted or needed. La Junta and Montana are good examples for this. That rule only applies for the Low star deck. If you are going for the High Damage deck then using two clans will be the best way. A good example of this would be Bangers with All Stars or Uppers.
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

2/110
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Friday 30/09/2011, 04:39

5. Don’t use too many Permanently Banned Cards. These cards give you a 2 point penalty and if you use too many then the scores add up and you can lose 8 points in some circumstances. Also if you feel the need to include a Permanently Banned Card make sure they are game changing. Zatman is a great card, he truly is but with that 2 point penalty he is basically a 4 star in DTs which he would just make him average. Only use a Permanently Banned Card if you feel they should be a star above what they currently are. For Example Jackie Cr is easily better then Dorian and Herman so she would be a good choice for DTs. I know this rule may be a bit confusing but note that Temporarily Banned Cards do not have a penalty.

6.Play quick. It is very simple, play fast, win faster or lose faster and join a match faster and gain points faster. A tip for this is after a match is over, pressing enter repeatedly is a much quicker way of leaving back to the room and starting a new battle. It can save you minutes in the end which in DT time is a lot.
3/110
Friday 30/09/2011, 05:08

7.Don’t Forfeit! If you have a terribly weak hand. Let’s say Samantha, Wendel, Bianka and Burt and you are versing DJ Korr Cr, Rowdy, Tremorh and Gibson then you have two options, either you all pill your 2 star against their DJ Korr Cr (It will give you 8 points) and then you quickly lose, or you just no pill twice and get quickly 2HKO’d. Quitting does not achieve anything, you lose 20 points and then you’re down by a match. Either all pill with your lowest star for decent points or no pill and lose as quickly as you can,

8.Relax, these DTs are extremely stressful if you are winning or in the top 10. Best bet is to just stay calm, I personally do not even look at my points during a DT because once you see your name as first or close behind first you panic, you’re not yourself and you will mess up sooner or later. Listen to your favourite music, try and relax and if you panic easily Don’t view your score.

9.Try different decks, I won my first DT with Taham and Mickey T. Doing that now a days is basically impossible so Don’t be afraid to change your deck, different cards work for different people. I used to win a lot with Uppers now I can’t but I can win with La Junta and Sentinels, your style will change over time and if you are not having any luck with one deck, change to a different one. Although you should use your deck at least 5 times because it takes that long to get the hang of it.
4/110
fisheatdog - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 30/09/2011, 05:44

Yay, dt guide! i would also say that playing at odd hours is a nice way to start. its much easier to get top 10, and you end up making more clintz than say if you played at a time when everyone is on and come top 25. it also just feels better.

what's your opinion on using leaders? with the elo bans is it worth playing Hugo + attack manip clan?
5/110
markXtheXspot - Titan English
Friday 30/09/2011, 05:51

Nice guide mr intelijent this should help alot of folks that r lookin to do well in dts
6/110
Medivh - Guru English
Friday 30/09/2011, 07:31

Don't use any perma bans, unless they have Jackie Cr in their name. Period.
7/110
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 30/09/2011, 09:02

Nc guide
8/110
Reason_Behave - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 30/09/2011, 10:14

Yup, as UM-1984 said , he said also...
Good one.
9/110
Friday 30/09/2011, 11:06

@ Medivh Vickie Cr is pretty good, I would use her if I hadn't sold her.

@ fisheatdog I would have to say I am against leaders, They can work and if you find a way to fit them in your deck then good for you but I would tend to sway away from them personally. If you use a low star deck they ruin your point scoring and if you use a high damage deck then leaders will also damage it because of their penalty and you generally can't 2hko with leaders that easily.
10/110
kEv13villegas - Novice English
Friday 30/09/2011, 15:50

When you say temporarily banned cards those that include the staff banned or just the player voted banned.?

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals