wats_happenin - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
I never thought I'd see the day
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit BreakEnglish - Monday 16/07/2012, 12:37

Take a look at the Format election guys
Spyke is not netting most of the votes for the week :O
This must be the first time since he was released

WEll done Kalindra for taking the title :')

2/7
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 16/07/2012, 13:46

It's still early in the week, we don't know how it'll turn out by Sunday.
3/7
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 16/07/2012, 17:46

I think poor old Kal will go the way of Caelus. I find her to be "acceptably OP" since poison, SoB, SoA, DR, and of course, hitting hard enough in round 1 to threaten KO, all help negate her advantage. People won't be able to look past that potentially enormous gap and high power, though.
4/7
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 06:25

@ghelas
I initially thought she wouldn't be like Spyke Op or anything, but the more I use her the more I can see how strong she is
Like to actually properly 'counter' her the opp. hand had better had 2 of SOA/DR and they better be strong (not weak Dr like Morgan)

Many times, the game was sealed from the first round simply because I could 0 pill every card but her....a furied 16 life gap is pretty hard to make up...with or without poison
5/7
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 09:01

IMO it just takes some adjusting, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. This is a deck I ran last week that I used to successfully counter Kalindra and the usual SoA clans. http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2352195

3 DR caps her gap at 10, and since first turn poison will make up most or all of that damage, Kalindra completely stops being an easy win. Combine this with the fact that Randy and Olga can actually wall against her and you're in business. I won against Kalindra about 70% of the time that I played against her with this deck, typically only losing when I drew god-awful hands against great ones. It was also really effective against the ever-popular SoA, and does quite well against attack manip clans.

A bit off topic, but the only thing I really don't have a good ELO strategy against these days is Sentinel. I think they're as close as it gets to being an overpowered clan. You can essentially build an entire Sent deck out of 8 power, 8 power equivalents, and DR. That makes them much stronger than Rescue or Montana in a high-pill fight. It's not any one card in particular that's OP, it's just that the numbers of 8-power equivalents is too high considering that Sent has an attack manip bonus. Just my two cents.
6/7
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 15:52

I agree Sents are very strong atm...with Lehane. Without Lehane they aren't as hard to face...this is because their lower starred hands will go one of two ways...either packing an SOA resistant lot, or a SOA vulnerable lot
Lehane provided that solid midground, without her you risk suffering against SOA or against non-SOA....its a tough choice

ANd if a card has to have a deck worked around countering them, then they are too strong. No one card should dictate how a deck has to be built
7/7
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 18:59

I definitely do see your point, but for me personally, it's more worrisome when an entire clan has to be planned against. You can't build a good ELO deck without having a plan for dealing with SoA and high attack manip. Kalindra, on the other hand, is just one card that may or may not get drawn, and definitely does not guarantee a win.

I think she joins a large group of other conditional "ha ha I win" cards, including, but not limited to:
-Any strong LPD
-"Super" poisoners (Ex: Azel, Greem, Karrion)
-Huge attack manip cards with high gap (Ex: Sammy, Troompah)
-High powered or high attack manip 8 damage SoA (Ex: Cliff, Wardom, XU52)
-High-gap pill recovery cards (Ex: Tsubame*, Dregn)
-Spyke

The reason she seems so scary right now is that most people just aren't used to accounting for her. When everyone fully understands her "automatic win" conditions, she will be much easier to face.

Just my two cents... I definitely do understand why a lot of people feel she's a cheap card, though, and I am definitely not opposed to her catching a player ban.

*Tsubame and Tino is my favorite "conditional auto win" combo ever. Whether Tino wins or loses, a furied Tsubame with bonus can 1HKO afterwards, in some cases creating a fork that there is absolutely no way to beat by Round 2. Better yet, it's possible to build a deck with the both of them that holds up fairly well vs SoB, SoA, and attack manip.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals