Suggestion for a new ability

Wednesday 25/07/2012, 05:47
ghelas - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
ghelas - Admin - The TrendEnglish - Wednesday 25/07/2012, 05:47

I think this game needs Opp = Opp Power +1.

Opp = Opp Power is largely considered unplayable. Even cards with a bonus that makes up for that ability, if it should be shut down, are considered shaky. When was the last time you've seen someone use poor Angie? Furthermore, a lot of power reducers that are equivalent to 7 power feel outdated now -- even ones that were once considered great, like Tula! Attack manipulation, SoA, Prot: Power, and 8 powered cards, all destroy those cards with ease.

Opp = Opp Power +1 allows cards of a similar nature to exist. They would have a small advantage against 8 powered cards and Prot: Power. However, they would still be at a disadvantage against attack manip cards, power manip cards, and SoA. As long as they dealt reasonable damage and were not found in certain clans, that would be enough to keep them from becoming overpowered. For example, a card like that in a SoB clan should have somewhat low damage for its star count.

Would love to hear some thoughts on this.
« Previous12Next »

2/12
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Wednesday 25/07/2012, 16:53

I would argue that the basic ability isnt unusable, but is certainly heavily reliant on the clan bonus it is paired with. For example, Randy and Warren make great use of the ability, and even power = opp power cards from attack manip clans can make decent use of the ability. You could even argue that the ability still retains a bit of use when it is found on a two star, gaining the advantage of winning ties, and thus forcing pillz.

That being said, I like the idea of a power = opp power +1 for the fact that it would be useful to all clans and would be a very flexible ability. The problem is that if it existed, eventually it would seep into the attack manip clans (strong, but possibly balancable, potentially over powered) and then the power manip clans. If they created a card like Randy but with this ability I think it would be very frustrating. On the other hand if the ability were restricted in power/attack manip clans to only creating low star walls like Chan, that could be quite fun, but you know eventually there would be a 4* or 5* released that always has 3 power over you and it would be just another Spyke, Caelus Cr, etc.

I am also interested in hearing people's thoughts on this, since the evolution of new powers is inevitable if the game wants to continue it's success over time.
3/12
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 25/07/2012, 17:53

I think damage is definitely the key to balancing any round-winning ability. In attack manip clans, a 3* with this ability should have no more than 4 damage, a 4*, no more than 5, and of course, with 5*s, just about anything goes as them being situationally OP is the norm. They should also have low base power, so that SoA significantly hurts them. This would give them good round-winning potential, a bit less than some existing cards like Mona and Edd Cr.
4/12
D Cr - Senior English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 18:51

I want cards that would encourage Fury . Alittle more gamble in the play to make things more interesting .

Example Ability :
Fury : +1 Life Per Damage or Fury : +2 Power
-> A conditional ability that only activates on usage of Fury . This should encourage players to use Fury a little more

---------

Another ability I have in mind is Arena types that affect both sides .

Example :
Arena : +3 Power or Arena : -16 Damage min 1
Cards on both sides [the card owner and the opponent] gain the ability benefit .
It may be argued that this skill makes the character using it have a disadvantage , with the proper bonus , it might be deadly . An example would be Montana gaining a Arena: -3 Power . As such combined with the -12 opp. atk they have , they gain more than their opponents .
5/12
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 20:59

...-16 damage min 1? Did you mean to say attack? Or do you really want that no card, regards of the damage potential, minus Prot: Dmg, would deal more than just one damage?
6/12
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 22:11

I think there are already plenty of cards that encourage Fury gambles -- anything that can KO (especially with pill recovery!) and LPD. It might be cool to see a few more cards like Mojo but a little more playable, though.

I think Arena cards would be massively overpowered, as you could use a card that would seem to provide both sides with a big disadvantage, but stack your deck with stuff that makes up for it in some way. 16 Damage min 1 Arena card with a deck full of -Life/+Life, or poison, would be really hard to beat.
7/12
Adatari - Senior English
Sunday 26/08/2012, 04:01

I think a new clan should be based off of immortals. Like angels, demons, things that are not possible to kill. They should all have high power 7 or 8, and medium damge 5-7. Their clan ability is should be immortality : Which means you can REUSE the card even though you've already used it in a battle against another card. (Limit? I dunno. 2 per game?)
8/12
Ken HK - Master - - Nightmare International - English
Sunday 26/08/2012, 18:59

8/1 Damage = Opp. Damage is always more preferable than 1/8 Power = Opp. Power.
Perhaps 6/3 Power & Damage = Opp. Power & Damage would be funnier? xD
9/12
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 27/08/2012, 01:03

How about:
Damage = Opp Power (High power opponents give you a bigger damage boost.)
Opp Power = Opp Damage (Low damage cards get wrecked.)
Opp Power = Power (The opponent is lowered to you.)
Opp Damage = Damage (Odd functioning DR.)?
+/- Power or Damage would come into effect afterward.
10/12
UM-Eppic - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 27/08/2012, 15:25

How about a Skeelz with a stop support damage +1

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals