Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is Silver Pack better than Extended Pack?

Monday 27/08/2012, 11:43
Openball - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
4 messages
Openball - Imperator - HKGEnglish - Monday 27/08/2012, 11:43

I am used to draw extended pack once I got enough credits and I'm always happy with it. However, a new idea comes up in my mind that it might be better to draw Silver Pack instead of Extended Pack. If I got 100 credits:

(1) I can have 16 cards with 2 guaranteed rare cards if I go for 2 Silver Packs;
(2) I can only get 15 cards and no guaranteed rares if I go for 5 Extended Packs.

I have an impression that getting rares from Extended Pack is no easy task (probably only 1 from 4/5 packs). The only drawback of drawing Silver Pack is that I cannot pick clans, which might not be a very important issue for me as I am not a fresh newbie (But yes, I know some clans contain more "expensive" cards). Can anyone share their results of drawing Silver? Any thought about this idea?

2/4
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 27/08/2012, 12:30

Your conclusion is fair enough.

Extented allows to choose expensive clans but because it is done by lot of people the cheap cards tend to be really cheap. Either you get great result or you get below average result.

Silver (previously Fulldeck) spreads outcome to all possible combinations and gives few extra cards. You are more likely to get cards that have already settled their market price, thus you draw towards the average outcome. Because you get more cards it is slightly better than totally average result.

But in reality newbloods, Silver and Extented are all about equal in value within reasonable marginal.
3/4
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 27/08/2012, 13:28

I would suggest elite instead of extended or silver
smaller pool of cards make it easier for you to get a better card
I got kenny, Hawk, copper, C Beast, etc from it

the latest one I opened (in fact I open it just now to prove my theory)
I got: Katja, jeffery and Cortez

I feel that I got better cards from elite than silver or extended (but of course, luck also involved, sometimes I did get bad cards, but overall it is a pleasant experience)

IMO, silver is not worth it
you need to know that there are too many junk rares these days, Na Boh, Leila, to name a few
and there are 783 cards and you need to pick 8 * 2 (because you can pick same card again in every pick)

using elite you can limit your choice and choose only clans that has good rares or good uncommon
such as Sentinel which have copper Lehane and Melvin in their uncommon, or Ulu Watu with their good rares and good uncommon (Wee Lee, hiki)
4/4
Openball - Imperator - HKG English
Monday 27/08/2012, 14:32

Thank you. I seldom go for Elite as I sometimes think the narrower selection of clan does not worth for the extra 5 credits. My mind changes a little bit after hearing from your spectacular results. I'll try on my next purchase of credits. But frankly I really don't have luck on drawing cards

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals