I recently started playing Urban Rivals and I am very intrigued with the unique concept of the game. So far with just the winnings from Standard, Solo, and Daily Tournament games, I have accumulated roughly 2764 Clintz with about 1000-1500 Clintz in card value, as well as 23 earned Credits. Though I may have just started, I think I have already grasped the basic concepts and strategies of this game (I somehow managed to beat Level 70s using SoA/SoB clans with my ragtag Rescue deck), there is still several glaring questions that pop up (brace yourself, this is probably asked too often):
1). Which Clans are most suited for beginners with who P4F?
2). What, if any, are some extra ways to earn Clintz/cards? (ie. Market manipulation; Buy LvL1, train to LvLX and sell for profit;etc)
3). Does it take much to rank in the top 10 in DT for those needed Clintz/Credits? (Highest I've gone is 28X)
4). Should I not even bother playing ELO if I have limited funding?
5). What benefits do you get from joining Guilds? I can't find the join button and it seems to direct me to the top Guilds that would never accept me anyways.
6). What should every deck build have other than SoA/SoB? (ie. Power/Damage +, Defeat: ....., Stop:...., +X Pillz,etc)
7). Has anyone won 10k+ Clintz from the Slot Machines?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Ohai thar. I'm also a P4F. Been here over 2 years i reckon.
imho just do 1 battle in each tourney every 2 hours and save up those clintz.
Nowadays you can also do the solo missions for clintz as well as to get you familiar with the game and its different strategies - in the olden days P4F ppl like us would have to take losing most matches untill they get 10k for a decent deck.
1. IMHO it's montana. Personally i used montana because back then i scouted for the cheapest deck possibility and found montana to be a good option since they're pretty cheap compared to uppers/sakhrom/junks (although sentinel is pretty affordable as well) and can be used as a half deck while i slowly replace my starter pack cards.
2. other than the DTs, just do like 5 ELO fights on sundays and ensure your ELO is > 1k to get 150 clintz and 2 credits.
Once you get a decent deck together, start doing DTs when you have 30+ mins to spare to get to the 1/3rd line.
3. yep, i've never gotten to the top 10, I think several times i spent a whole hour on DTs and got like top 50 or something, but really, just aim for 1/3rd line first.
4. yes, read number 2.
5. Nowadays guilds have bonuses that give extra tickets, clintz, less tax, etc. In the olden days we entered guilds solely for camaraderie i guess...
6. Damage Reducer.
most other abilities/bonuses are optional, but having a DR really helps. I've even found decks without SOB/SOA quite doable, but most of the time going without DR makes it that much ha
7. personally i haven't, but with all the tickets being generated, i think we should have several winners already.
GL and HF!
Thanks for the response! I was able to earn 50 Credits for 2 Elite Booster Packs (doing surveys and placing 1/3 in DT's). Sold the cards and build a La Junta / Nightmare deck. If you don't mind, could you please spare some constructive criticism?
Oops, I forgot to provide the link
Here it is: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2445267&list
Have roughly 2k Clintz left for now.
Wow, that deck's actually pretty good for such a budget imho. Good all-round base stats, good utility mix.
Nevertheless, imho it lacks the punch (for 2HKOs) or the attack value superiority.
Naturally those cards that have that 2HKO potential as well as attack manip in La Junta is quite expensive. Same goes to nightmare, but mawpin and sargh is pretty useful against those attack manip clans.
However, if you know how to play it properly, i'm sure that deck can get you a long way.