UR rookie in need of helpful advice from the pros

Tuesday 20/11/2012, 12:54
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English - Tuesday 20/11/2012, 12:54

Hey, guys! I started playing the game about two weeks ago, and even though I am starting to grasp the basics of the game, I am still a bloody rookie.

I am most interested in ELO Mode but I struggle with it. My highest ELO so far is 1102 with a mono Bangers deck. But I am not sure I like the Bangers that much, they seem a little shaky.

So, what I am looking for here is for experienced players--people who regularly get over the 1,300 ELO Mark, to give me some advice on how to build a competitive deck for ELO.

Now, before you all jump at me, I'd like to point out that:

1. I understand that the specifics of the meta game make it very difficult to lay out a perfect set of rules;

2. I know that between mono- and half-decks, probably at least 15 of the 22 available clans enjoy regular success on a weekly basis and different strategies can be equally viable;

3. I also know that the same one deck can do wonders in the hands of one experienced player, and then perform sub-par in the hands of an equally experienced player with different preferences and tactical approach.

So, what I am basically looking for is general input from experienced deckbuilders that can show me the ropes in regards to the specific requirements of the ELO mode: the rules of thumb on how to create a solid deck that will perform well once I master it, how to tell a good 2*, 3*, 4* or 5* star card from a bad one, how to pick which abilities to favor, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how you do it.
« Previous123Next »

11/24
Hihihilalala - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Friday 23/11/2012, 09:17

Looks good to me. You may also try replacing Ivana with Lucy if you have the clintz. I haven't tried her out, but I heard she's quite good since she takes away the bonuses of damage/life clans, making her an even better damage reducer.
12/24
Friday 23/11/2012, 10:12

I've considered it. They have the same stats, Lucy is better against the majority of Freaks, Jungo, FPC, La Junta, Vortex, Piranhas, Nightmare, Frozn, Berzerk, Rescue, All Stars, Bangers, Ulu Watu, Montana, Uppers, Sakrohm, Sentinel, and Junkz cards. Ivana is better against GHEIST, Roots, and all SoA ability cards that are susceptible to DR. So on paper it seems like Lucy has a huge advantage over Ivana, even when you take the metagame into account. The only problem is the price so far.
13/24
Friday 23/11/2012, 10:44

There are a couple more questions that a pro could answer, if you have the time.

1. If you don't play ELO for a few days, your score will slowly revert back to 1,000. Can someone tell me how many days exactly, and at what rate your ELO score would start deteriorating? I currently have an ELO score of 1,217 and I don't want to ruin it by playing and losing . I could use the credits and the clintz. So I was thinking about waiting it out, but I have to know if that's an option at this point.

2. Does anyone actually have a vague idea of how many clintz one should expect to get with an ELO score of just over 1,200? There are percentages explained in the rules, but since I don't know the precise quota based on ELO score, I can't really tell.

Thank you!
14/24
Hihihilalala - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Friday 23/11/2012, 19:16

1. You should probably wait it out if you're unsure. The ELO scores won't drop so quickly. I'm unsure about the rate in which it drops, but if I'm not wrong it should be able 1 or 2 per day? Not sure. But with your score, I"m positive that you can wait it out.

2. The amount of clintz would not be too high. I don't quite remember, but I don't think it will be higher than 500. I only got about 750 clintz for getting into the 1300s last week. So don't expect too much.
15/24
Friday 23/11/2012, 20:09

Thanks a lot man.
16/24
Saturday 24/11/2012, 21:59

Next week, I am going to try out this:

deleted

We'll see how I fare.
17/24
Shanks Guru - Event team - D-Versified English
Sunday 25/11/2012, 01:54

Id go Lola but good luck to ya
18/24
Sunday 25/11/2012, 06:31

RaW_Shanks, could I bother you to explain why Lola instead of Rudy?
19/24
The Ideal - Master English
Sunday 25/11/2012, 08:15

Not related to strats but survivor and daily tournament will get u more clintz than elo unless u can get top 100
20/24
Shanks Guru - Event team - D-Versified English
Tuesday 27/11/2012, 15:51

Sure thing slav
id say Lola over Rudy for 1 simple reason the life gap difference. yes Rudy has 1 more power and can lose still causeing a 2 life gap but with Lola, any card the beats her is doing 3 less damage (unless its a KO attack) or could do no damage or even better since its elo with some low damage cards your opp could end up pilling just to give you MORE life back (if they attack with Sasha for example you end up with 15 life after all is said and done on first turn) also if you put 2-3 pills on her you have 1 of 2 things happen, your opp overpillz for less damage or you sneak in an easy 6 damage and you opp is left in a state of shock and scared you are gonna go for another smack like that leading to an overpill error. dont get me wrong Rudy is good just IMO Lola can be used more strategically and therefore is better (havnt used much Berzerk but of what i have used i found Lola more to my liking) she also can be an inactive DR and its always good to have some back up there. elo is a life gap game not a KO fest

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals