Hello, I recently just made a Death Match guide and after overwhelming support (a few people) I have now decided to make a Survivor one, This one will be Type 2 and later on I will make Elo Survivor.
1.Include at least two Damage Reducers and at least one Soa. Damage reducers are probably the most important type of cards in survivor since as your progress you get a higher amount of health and lower amount of pills, so you must play to your strength and try and protect your high life because you may be able to win with just one shot. Soa is also crucial because in survivor you will generally find cards like Kolos, Kenny, Slyth and cards that are massive hitters, with a Soa you can stop these cards if you need to, it also provides a great bluff as no one wants to throw out a card against a Soa.
2.Try not to rely too much on abilities to help you win, sometimes you will verse GHEIST and Roots and if you are purely relying on cards that require abilities to win or ability to inflict great amounts of damage you won’t be able to get far. Try and include at least one 8 powered card and at least three 7 powered cards just in case you verse pure Soa.
3. Use a Leader, no matter what Leader it is, they will help in survivor. For early rounds I would suggest something like Amanda, Eyrik and Hugo. These cards are great to get quick wins since you start off with full amount of pills and these cards make you even more powerful. Once you get to around 6 wins I would suggest changing these cards to either Eklore, Morphun or Briget because at later rounds you get more Life and less Pills, because of this you need to change your style to become more strategic, Briget helps expand upon your already high life, Morphun helps you regain pills to make it an even fight in later rounds and Eklore brings them down to your level, it is up to preference.
4. Try and go mono because if you go half deck and get a bad hand on later rounds you may have a hard time winning. Although splash cards are always great to have (A splash is a card strong enough to hold its own like Jackie ,Graksmxxt and Uranus. The reason splashes aren’t a problem is that with only a Leader and one splash you are still guaranteed to at least 2 cards from the same clan. You can go half if you wish tho, I have had luck both ways but I find mono to be more reliable.
5. Look at the opponent’s amount of pills! Now if you are versing an opponent with say 9 pills and 15 life they will play very different to having 12 pills and life. If you normally would use 7 pills on a big hitter in your hand against a 12/12 player then the 9/15 player would probably not use so many pills as that’s almost all of his. So try and limit it to 4 or 5 because if you waste pills you will have as much as they do but they will have more life.
6. If you have a Soa or a Damage Reducer in your hand Don’t use them first as the opponent can easily counter you, save them for later rounds as it will put the opponent under stress and pressure as your card could easily destroy their damage or ability, it’s a great idea to put the opponent under pressure because you get different pills and life so the opponent is already thinking in a different way meaning if you keep your cool you can take advantage of the opponent and try and make them do silly moves.
7. Try and have a big hitter like a high damager, poisoner or life manipulator because as you get more life sometimes all it takes to win is one shot. If you’re on 15 life and you get a win with say Slyth then the opponent may lose just from that one move, depending on the remaining characters in your hand.
8. This is optional but I like to have Attack walls and just in case I need more pills or to inflict more damage, an Attack wall is a card like Corrina and Nimestic as you almost always have to pill to beat them (this helps bring the opponents pills down) if you are not using an attack clan an attack wall can be a card with the ability +/- attack as well it is just not as effective. Defeat cards are also great for survivor as you can’t win every round, a card like Neil will take your opponents pills away without you having to pill at all and a card like C Wing can take their health away, these cards also help rule number 7 on having a big hitter as if you all pill a big hitter you can still take away pills and life from the opponent even if you Don’t have any pills left.
This is it for now, feel free to post your own stratergies or opinions.
This is just as good as the DM guide well done.
This is really helpful, thanks for takin the time to write it
Thankyou and in Rule 3 I meant Amber not Amanda Cr xD
Woah, 5 damage is nothing to laugh at! that provides 2hko opportunities!