Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...2728Next »

51/280
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 09/04/2012, 00:50

I agree with wasteoftime

Force players to play Standard
52/280
lace_wing - Senior English
Monday 09/04/2012, 01:36

I agree with waster of time in that the ur community must be forced to play standard if they want to play in the dts. otherwise it will die slowly and nothing will change
53/280
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 09/04/2012, 02:57

When does this start? My scores on odd hours say "Tourney" but are apperently not scored as such yet.
54/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 09/04/2012, 03:17

I still think Standard needs to be balanced instead of somehow enforced. Just my two cents...

Some very overpowered decks are emerging, as expected.
Penalties or not, Leaders make it very easy to reach Top 150.
Try Hugo + Montana or Ambre + All Stars in Standard 25. Against people not running something equally ridiculous, you probably have a 95% win chance if you draw your Leader -- even if you play with your eyes closed... Beating an opponent shouldn't depend on whether you were lucky enough to draw your most powerful card. It takes all the fun out of the game.

And even if all Leaders were removed, a good Vortex/Berzerk deck is incredibly easy to win with.

Standard doesn't seem completely broken yet because people haven't learned to exploit the game mode yet.
But they will. And then it will devolve into nothing more than luck of the draw. Maybe we could just play rock/paper/scissors for CRs and save everyone some time?
55/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 09/04/2012, 03:39

The problem with standard right now is not the balance... it needs tweaks for sure. but that issue is one step further on

the current problem with it is there is no real reason to play it. It is competing with Extended DT. It is irrelevant for now how good you can make a standard deck and what decks you can use to maximize points.

Extended format DT decks are at this point far better at farming points than any Standard format DT decks.

Once this is addressed (As in, creating something that "forces" the use of Standard) then we can worry about tweaking it. Because bottom line, the best designed/balanced standard format decks would still not be worth playing if it competes with an extended format for the exact same rewards.
56/280
Ecna - Senior English
Monday 09/04/2012, 03:58

Wasteroftime - have you even READ the first post, nevermind understanding it? It clearly states, that scoring rankings for Standard and Extended will be separete. Therefore, your whole argument is invalid and also unnecessary.
57/280
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 09/04/2012, 04:12

Even if you give a reason to play the format, that won't make people like it. Wouldn't balancing Standard make it more appealing? As it stands, it sounds like you want UR to bribe people to play Standard instead of making them want to play.
58/280
lightball20 - Imperator English
Monday 09/04/2012, 05:40

I think they should just remove the leaders from standard, since they are older than 3 years, and it would solve one of the main problems people are complaining about, Hugo/Ambre
59/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 09/04/2012, 05:52

@ecna
please provide evidence that the rankings are separated.... lets see.. at this point in the tourney history, i see one at 20:00, another at 18:00. Shouldn't i see two at 20:00 and two at 18:00??????

yes balancing standard will have to be done... but that is the next step. First we need a reason to be playing it. Horse or the carriage here. Or even better, do both ASAP. Balancing needs a bit of game play first though
60/280
Rainbow-Dash - Senior English
Monday 09/04/2012, 05:56

"all formats have been forced on us.... we dont like the particular format, we dont play it."

How long did I go to sleep for yesterday? I'm not up on your futuristic slang; since when did "forced" mean "You have a choice"?

I'm sure you mean to say that standard needs to give us some reason to play it to give us the option of playing it for prizes, like ELO. As you know ELO is not forced on anyone at all; there is no 1 hour in UR that says we all have to play in the ELO room or not play at all.

@ecna
Yeah but they will still run during the same hour. Only the ppl who wanna exploit Standard and can do it successfully will play in that room for the DTs; the majority of the rest of us will continue playing in fights extended as it's a more surefire way of getting a podium finish. There will be a group of ppl who will play in fights standard though, I don't doubt that.

Anyways @ waster again, after having said that, Type 1 never had any real competitive play value. We could play it, sure, but there weren't any prizes for being the best Type 1 player. Survivor type 1? Fights type 1? Why play fights type 1 when T2 would've gotten you more points?
Just let standard be the new T1; clearly no one likes it and UR won't admit failure and scrap the standard idea.

« Previous12345678910...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals