A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

71/215
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 09:30

Um, no one is denying that void is a better player.

I'm not irritated that he's a good player. I'm irritated that he insulted kitkat while contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation. A modicum of courtesy goes a long way toward earning respect, no matter how good you are at this game. UR is, after all, just a game. Your l33t 5ke1z do not transfer into real life, but your attitude does.
72/215
KuriosJason - Legend - E X C A L I B U R ελληνικά
Monday 10/12/2012, 13:45

This subject has only moo points...
There is no such thing as a good deck for all weeks, so trying to classify clans by strenght in elo is completely useless with the current rules.

There are 8 cards that need to be perma banned but they are only at the elo format election. Hence, if any of those doesn't get banned, you have the deck of the week, plus the counter decks. End of story.

Allstar good? Then why does no one use them when Marina is banned?
Uppers good? We seem to see more of them only if Dorian gets unbanned.
Jungo? How many would use them if Askai and Troompah were banned?
Sakrohm half decks are close to 0 when Uranus is not available..
Where are Nightmare without Azel?
How many Frozn do you see without Kalindra?
Where are the Roots without Gretchen?
Freaks without Olga?
GHEIST with no Leviatonn?

And for god's sake why on earth is Lou perma banned and xu 52 does not even get any votes? Braindamage anyone?

You can keep arguing about tiers but it's just blah
73/215
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:04

Void obviously did contribute to the conversation by pointing out the other persons statement was wrong and why it was wrong which regardless of politics I agree with. I mean Jungo 2*s may only have a bas dmg of 1 but they are in a life manipulation clan so the difference is 3 unless opp has SOB. 3 Dmg difference or plain damage is above average on a 2*, 2 being the average and 4 being well above average. That's not including Ashiko and the possibility of a 6 damage difference against SOA. Then there's the fact that they can't be reduced with DR and the 3*s create a difference of 5+.

Need I go into more depth as to why Void is right or are we going to go around in circles here?
74/215
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:22

I looked at the Public Presets: Order by popularity, Format ELO, Game mode ELO, All Stars must be maxed.

I took all decks in the first 30 pages of results that claim in the title to have achieved over 1400 ELO. (I compared a total of around 60 decks).

Every clan's appearance scored 1 point. Leaders and splash cards did not count as an appearance. Mono and half deck appearances were counted the same.

Here are the results:

Roots: 20

All Stars: 14
GHEIST: 13

Junkz: 9
Bangers: 9

Nightmare: 5
Freaks: 5
Sentinel: 5
Jungo: 5
Montana: 5
Rescue: 5

Pussycats: 4
Sakrohm: 4
Piranas: 4

Skeelz: 3
Uppers: 3

Fang Pi Clang: 2

Vortex: 1
Frozn: 1
Berzerk: 1

La Junta: 0
Ulu Watu: 0

Splash card appearances:

Chiara Cr: 8
Lehane: 3
Spiaghi: 3
Chan: 1
Uranus: 1
Pegh: 1

Of course this isn't accurate statistics. I only looked at a fraction of all successful decks out there. I might have missed a few in the first 30 pages. There's a difference between mono and half decks, etc etc. But it is a bit of statistics nevertheless. Make of it what you will.
75/215
0_Kiki - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 10/12/2012, 16:06

I don't think Roots are that hurt by the loss of Gretchen
76/215
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 16:06

@AiR-GeaR-Ikki:

I absolutely agree, Jungo have some of the widest selection of usable 2*s in the game not to mention Jean, who is arguably the best 2* SOA right now. They also have some top notch 5*s making the temp ban of a single card non life-threatening. If UR released the top clan/card statistics on a weekly basis, I bet Jungo would be up there every week, even during Askai bans.

Also agree with jason the whole subject is moot when you include bans. Frozn and Sakrohm can easily go from top tier to bottom tier depending on whether kalindra or Uranus are banned, and permabanning Lou is totally missing the point. Roots depend on their 3*s, banning Yookie or Rico would have a much bigger impact on Roots playability than Lou, I think.

And please stop banning Dorian! Uppers are terrible without him, and it's been 2~3 years since Uppers ever dominated elo, give them a break already
77/215
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 10/12/2012, 19:53

@Subclavian:
Not so sure about that. Kalindra and Uranus are both just one card; you can just as easily not draw them. Even in weeks when they are unbanned, those clans seem less popular than good ol' Jungo. In a very recent week when both Kal and Askai were unbanned, although there were quite a few Kalindra decks at the beginning of the week, I did not run into any at all at the end... While Askai was everywhere. Whichever way you cut it, Jungo (for example) are just much more stable than Frozn and Sakrohm.

+1 to letting Dorian back in, though! I used to hate him, but I've really come to see him as a big balancing factor.
78/215
Monday 10/12/2012, 19:54

Oops, sorry for the double post, but I meant to comment on this as well:

"A modicum of courtesy goes a long way toward earning respect, no matter how good you are at this game. UR is, after all, just a game. Your l33t 5ke1z do not transfer into real life, but your attitude does."

Excellently put. I really wish everyone in UR had that attitude!
79/215
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 19:59

Yeah but Frozn can still technically great a great half deck even without Kalindra, Kalindra is literally the ultimate Herp - Derp Card because it takes NO SKILL at all to use her. Thorpah Tiwi Ld Haaken Titsouk is an ok Frozn half deck, Frozn are just a beginning clan so you can't expect any amazing cards out of them yet.

Roots is playable without Lou + I do think XU52 deserves a place on the Ban list, it's just do your fellow Elo members.

Most people in Elo follow the trend, Experienced Elo Players can still use Sakhrom + Uppers when Uranus + Dorian is banned . It's the trend that people follow which means unless everyone else is using it, they won't use it. Uppers are still a very usable clan even without Dorian in my opinion, again it is just people following the overall trend.
80/215
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 02:42

@DareSurfMe:
I personally think the title of the Ultimate Herp-Derp Champion goes to Askai. Even he is not invincible, but he has the same problem Spyke had...Which is being a very powerful card under virtually any circumstances. Unopposed, a 7/9 equivalent with a 12 attack manip bonus. A scary 7/9 vs SoA. A 7/7 with 12 attack manip vs SoB, meaning almost no SoB clan cards can fight him on equal footing.

I think I've done this before, but, here comes a short list of Kal's weaknesses:

-SoA makes her into a big revenge-conditional wall. Not pretty.
-SoB makes her an 8/4 LPD. That's Manfred without Confidence, or Ielena with no SoB but one more damage. Potentially strong but not even a little OP.
-Letting Kal loom over the other player in a horrible guessing game means that you don't spend too many pills early on, which opens you up to KO opportunities.
-Last but not least, there's no better way to control a super-conditional 10 power like sticking an "over-reducer" such as Fei or Ongh into your deck.

Sure, she's a "big" card, and she has a significant impact on the meta, but she is not nearly as terrifying as everyone makes her out to be.

« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals