A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...67891011...2122Next »

81/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 03:29

Dorian is not THAT great lol going against the waves. yah blah blah SoA immunity wtv. Hefty is about just as good and better in some situations (vs Freaks). Herman can be used sometime dont know if you guys tried but Lady is a GREAT card i like her more than Dorian.

response: kalindra IS Frozn frozn would not be used without kalindra simply way too bad. the risk and pain of having 2-4 revenge cards in your hand is unbearable.

Lou is simply retarded..... I would take Ojibway over her ANYDAY..... 6 power 5*s cannot be THAT threatening.

ok Uranus is annoying but again 5 power is not that much and still takes up THREE stars (unlike cards like Arno 2*s soa as well).
Sakrohm is COMPLETELY COMPLETLY killed by SoA lke they have no place in elo right now

Jungo NEEDS a ban i would say Jean but many might disagree but 8 POWER SOA FOR 2 STARS? way too much.... without Jean Jungo would be used WAY less
82/215
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 04:46

Quoted from wasteroftime
"topic : clans - tiers
or just do a forum search and find that this topic has been done few dozens times and come to the realization that the threads tend to lead to disagreement that eventually becomes less about the topic and more about the people posting.
UR really needs to start showing us the top clan/card statistics on a weekly basis again...."

This debate on which clans will be better will never end and will always lead to disagreement because of differences in opinions. So does the other thread on tier list for cards on a certain clan base by stars started by the oracle. This is inevitable.

On another note, is there a basis to tell which is "the best clan" in ELO? That is very debatable again isn't it? ELO is a lot on deck building. You build something popular like Jungo half. You get countered by SOA cards and clans. Just wondering, since Jungo is so, so, so popular, who has used Jungo and topped consistently since most of you rate this as the top tier clan in ELO.
83/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 06:21

I don't see any correlation between whether people will agree on a topic, and whether it's worth debating. I don't think people will ever agree on this. But the exchange of ideas is in itself useful, and could lead to people experimenting with new setups in ELO, etc. I think this is a wonderful thread, and the only real issue is that so many people have unfortunately chosen to approach it with the wrong attitude.

The only way to "win" a conversation is to walk away from it a more informed person. Swaying others to your point of view does not seem to award anything.

Back to the interesting part of this thread -- I have a question. I haven't seen very much Montana in ELO lately. Do most people consider them a "weak" clan? I think they have decent cards in every star level, with their 4s and 5s looking particularly strong. What keeps them from being popular in ELO play?
84/215
I eat pasta - Senior English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 06:38

On a weekly basis Jungo are a tier 1 deck. Mono or half they have everything. They have 3 great 5* and a mix of probably one of the best mixes of 2* and 3* compared to any clan. For example this week soa decks are a little on the weak side so a mono Jungo deck with all the support abilities are deadly. Now when SOA is strong one week then using Jungo with an attack malip half deck is a great option. They have weapons on a weekly basis which makes them a great clan. You can play them aggressive and conservative. That unpredictable play is huge for a player.
85/215
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 07:16

I've played A LOT with Montana in the past, particularly in DT's, but never an awful lot in ELO.

They have the boss of all 2* DR's in Spiaghi, but the others aren't amazing. This is the only real reason I tend not to use them in ELO play... with the current strength of the 'gap' clans like Jungo, Freaks and Pussycats, the path to victory offered by cards like Prince Jr and Ace isn't as valid as perhaps in the past.

Mono Montana isn't bad by any stretch, and I would still rate them higher than a lot of other clans. In my opinion, they are one 2/3* utility card (SOA or SOB) away from a resurgence. eg. 6/2 SOA on a 2*.

Montana halves with Desmond, Mona, Spiaghi and one other are always interesting to use.
86/215
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 07:18

@ghelas: "I think they have decent cards in every star level, with their 4s and 5s looking particularly strong."

I think the reason why people aren't playing much Montana in ELO lately is just that: because Montana is decent. Whenever I play against Montana, I seem to encounter very similar setups, so it's probably a bit repetitive, too. And people know how to counter them.

Another reason is probably the SoB and SoA clans that have picked up recently. A third is that Sakrohm and Uppers seem to be able to do the same job slightly better according to a lot of players.
87/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 09:53

Why Montana is not popular? i thought they were really good too, especially when i face them in mono. I disagree with you though their 4*s are fairly decent, Desmond is a beast but Edd Cr is out of reach for most people. For 5*s, the only really usable and good one is Avola (in mono) all the others are fairly bad I have tried them. they are killed by 2 things mostly, soa or sob. however, pesky clans like Sakrohm and Uppers are VERY annoying too. In Elo, thats already 6 clans to watch out for. Honestly as well, most of their cards are mono based so all in all not very strong and as someone has mentioned they NEED A GOOD SOA TO FUNCTION for now im kinda forced to use Vito/Simon which i dont particularly like...
88/215
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 10:57

@the oracle
re Montana... i can think of 2 reasons to the drop in Montana. 1 is the bonus is no longer as overpowering as it once was. when 7 power was the average power in elo, the Montana bonus was nasty... more 8 powers means the bonus can not dominate like it once did. and 2 is the life gapping. Montana were a low dmg, must win 3 rounds clan -- now they could win 3 rounds (which is harder now) and still lose to a 4th round nuke
89/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 19:29

@The Oracle: Donnie is very underrated, with solid power, and a nice gap boost in Revenge that he can still live without. Vito is not quite as solid, but still a very underrated card. Along with Desmond, he gives you another option for going through most DRs. Even better, his SoA helps him either kill or mitigate SoB clan staples.

I used to run quite a few Montana mixes. The nice thing about them is that they have the strongest attack manip bonus you can run in a dual deck. Run them with FPC high power/power manip or Jungo attack manip, and you will usually end up with a hand that's equally equipped to play an aggressive game against SoB or SoA. Sak/Montana mixes can thrive as well, especially if you run Edd Cr and Petra together, with either Anakrohm or WoodXsxt as another option for shutting down your opponent's round-winning bonus while maintaining your own.
90/215
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Wednesday 12/12/2012, 00:57

Why are Montana not as popular? Simple, 2/3 people in ELO can't play without double olding, Montana is the only atk clan which if they old they usually lose the round, and even if they 1 pill they often still lose to atk reduction cards. add in the fact SOB makes light work out of them with their low base power, not to mention SOA cripples most of their cards. Finally top that off with such a limited variety of abilities (No +life, no pill manipulation, no staple SOA and only staple SOB is courage based) then it makes a deck much less competitive. Not to mention the lower damage which can cause problems against the nukes of today. When most of the 4*s only do 5 damage, Avola is ability based and Don has low base power, it's hard to compete against the overpowered nukes like Askai, Beeboy, Lizbeth etc. Even karion, kenny and Pussycats just need to land that 1 round and it's pretty much game over.

« Previous12...67891011...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals