A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...789101112...2122Next »

91/215
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 13/12/2012, 10:13

My guess is that there isn't anything mono-Montana can do that mono-Jungo can't do better, and for a cheaper price. Askai is a less SOA-prone Avola, Buba's 10 power is probably more desirable than either Edd Cr or Desmond, and the Montana 3*s which used to be the mainstay of that clan, is now looking almost outdated (4 damage is barely enough for 14-life elo). Jungo also has the flexibility of a good SOA, good stop: cards, and enough attack manip to rival Montana if a player feels the need.

Anyone else get the feeling that support-heavy clans are resembling each other more and more? Maybe I'm just unlucky in my choice of opponents, but the play styles of mono-Sentinel, Jungo and Montana wielding opponents seem almost exactly the same to me, with the only exception being montanas 1-pilling instead of 0-pilling the first two rounds.
92/215
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 13/12/2012, 16:42

Huh, that's an excellent point... Jungo can definitely fill the roles that Montana and Rescue used to fill, and they can be half-decked quite easily.
93/215
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 14/12/2012, 12:32

I'll quote myself from this thread three days ago:

"Mono Montana isn't bad by any stretch, and I would still rate them higher than a lot of other clans. In my opinion, they are one 2/3* utility card (SOA or SOB) away from a resurgence. eg. 6/2 SOA on a 2*. "

And now we have Angelo.
94/215
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English
Friday 14/12/2012, 14:03

It's not just mono Jungo that bests Montana these days. Mono Skeelz offer bigger attack manipulation coupled with better raw stats. Pill for pill, Dr Falkenstein, Sandro, Sasha and Tomas, and even Chiara after the fourth pill will beat almost any Montana card of the same stars and quality. Same goes for a lot of the staple Sentinel card. Jungo, as mentioned, is even better. Uppers, Junkz, Rescue and Sakrohm are on par with Montana. Adding SoA and SoB clans that destroy Montana, and Pussycats that can often go away with 1/4 round win against Montana (I personally have done that several times), it's understandable why Montana isn't that popular at the moment.

What JO3SHMO says I agree with, Montana are by no means bad, and if you know how to play them they are as good as choice as any. But unless they are your favorite clan and you WANT to play them no matter what, you always have a long line of better or equally strong setups.
95/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Friday 14/12/2012, 21:00

So T Gaank... has come out of nowhere... have Vortex now truly arrived in ELO?

At 14*: X-0DUS Dagg T Gaank Cyb Lhia
at 13*: X-0DUS T Gaank Deea Cyb Lhia

Looks ridiculous on paper.

Let's consider matchups:

SOB (Piranas) One of Vortex's more challenging matchups, Piranas only played reducer of any kind is Tula. 8 power is always solid here though and the 5 damage outclasses the typical Pirana character. Completely murders Nightmare.

SOA (GHEIST, Roots) 8/5 body helps here

All Stars Obviously a huge All Stars killer. Marina, Robb? lolzwhat

Junkz Only if they are running DRs like Peeler, Fizzle, Veenyle

Jungo hits Pegh, Radek, Ongh, Niva

Bangers hits Vermyn N and Blaaster

Uppers hits Lady, Herman and Nellie

So final prediction: This is a great character but what is unknown is how much overlap/ redundancy his ability will have with X-0DUS's conditional SOA. The biggest matchup advantages go to X-0DUS against Piranas and Jungo.
96/215
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Saturday 15/12/2012, 00:44

There are no reasons not to run C Wing, Cyb Lhia (or Ward hg if you're one of those weird people that likes to threaten KO in ELO), X-0DUS, and T Gaank. There isn't really any overlap -- T Gaank is not conditional; drawing T Gaank and X-0 means you will have a much easier time hitting through DR. Dagg is still a great choice as well. It comes down to figuring out what you need in your deck, but a 4 4 2 2 setup for a Vortex half is looking very nice.
97/215
Saturday 15/12/2012, 01:23

Well... there are plenty of reasons to not run C Wing. But the 15* 1/2 is also very exciting:

X-0DUS T Gaank Dagg Deea

That is a Vortex 1/2 that does not expose any bit of weakness to Piranas/ SOB.
98/215
Saturday 15/12/2012, 02:04

A Protection: Power/ Damage on the body of an Olympian God in a very relevant clan, yet another 2* SOA, and demand to reevaluate Jungo have shaken up my tier rankings:

New Tier rankings (Christmas 2012):

Tier 1
Junkz

Tier 2
Freaks
All Stars
Vortex
Uppers

Tier 3
Skeelz
Bangers
Jungo
Piranas

Tier 4
Ulu Watu
Montana
GHEIST
Pussycats

Tier 5
Berzerk
Frozn
Fang Pi Clang
Rescue

Tier 6
Sentinel
Roots
La Junta

Tier 7
Nightmare
Sakrohm

Regarding Jungo: Please read my comments more carefully. Yes, Jean is a topend 2*. But Pegh and Mindy are fillers, not topend. As we have seen from this week's release, the proliferation of Protection: Damage and SOA over the last year have made DR an increasing liability, and Pegh's bonus does not add up to a great character: 7 power 3 gap is a lousy character in ELO. The same is true for Mindy: Any SOA or SOB crushes her. And you know what? Most of the time no one cares if they lose to 3 gap. The standard is 4. Those two do nothing for you if your strategy is to win by winning 2 rounds.You need your two wins to get to 9 gap at least and Pegh and Mindy do not help with that. Jessie would be lousy if she were 7/1. Hawkins Noel IS lousy. There is an immediate difference between 7/1 and 7/2. Jungo has terrible matchups against ALL 7 of the clans I rank ahead of them, who have SOA up the wazoo and/ or can win 3 rounds against Jungo with ease. So yes, the problem is in the 2* for Jungo.
99/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Saturday 15/12/2012, 02:55

Uppers in tier 2? I havent seen a single Uppers in ELO in the last 4 weeks lol.

Ulu
100/215
XC Manfred 32 - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 15/12/2012, 19:18

I haven't played elo for 4 months and I could tell you your little tier ranking is unreliable and incorrect lol

« Previous12...789101112...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals