Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

2/533
Pudge7 - Hero English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:51

Hmm.. doesnt sound too good
3/533
((THM_Wayne)) - Imperator - The High & Mighty English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:53

Hmm
i dont know with the new changes i dont think it will feel like ELO but more like something completely different ... elo used to be the normal game without some of the too good characters ...
15 life and no semi-evo's

we'll see where that gets us ... [FPC and Junta are gonna get weak ...]
4/533
mahdin_DvF - Event team - D-Versified English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:54

Sorry but banning Lou is ridiculous. As if frequently banning Rico, Yookie, Noodile Cr and Arno wasn't enough to cripple Roots beyond use, you decide to perma ban Lou who is the only decent 5* remaining in Roots. You have dealt the final blow. At the least you could've released a usable 5* for Roots instead of a useless 2*.

As for Bridget being perma banned.....
5/533
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:56

Well consider the bans
Oshitsune is fine to be banned so no anger managements
oh copper what is Sentinel then ?

but the changes in the game itself is kinda ugh
well no more 2HKO's cause of 15 life
no GHEIST scary enough to kill you in two turns
PCATS Vermyn N and the more people there
hate the semi evo bans
6/533
P Mc - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:58

Thanks zebe you just killed elo for me, the only reason i play UR is now ruined...
15 life, stupid idea and i dont want to waste my time in is, also cmon ban Ghumbo for christ sake he is so OP when in elo...
also no semi-evo, whats the point of character getting abilities early now!
please stop making these updates most of them have been horrible and useless lately, like the new ranks, not needed and the 25 level limit, not needed, and the new flash player is horrible, its glitches a lot for me!
7/533
Immortal One - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 28/01/2011, 14:59

I love this change Euzebe. I was so tired of DR's power and dang 2hko in ELO. Time for the poisoners to rear their ugly heads Fully evolve characters as well give the poorer players a chance since a lot of 1400+ players use semi-evos quite often that normal peeps cant really afford. Just the change that is needed cuz ELO was starting to get a little stale.

now if we can only unban wee-lee and Wanda...
8/533
IncubusLoA - Imperator - Legends of America English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:02

Lou is gone too, no more Roots =.=
9/533
UM-omom - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:03

I don't think permabanning Lou is a good idea, Roots has already 4permaban cards. The rest of the cards are just fine to ban.
10/533
Extruderx - Hero Русский
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:03

Bridget ban will get most negative reactions.
15 life points kill KO possibilities - usually you win 2 rounds with high damage card and low damage. And with damage blockers.. All cards that was able to play good in 15 life settings, are now banned.

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals