Huracan Discussion Thread

Friday 17/05/2013, 14:54
WMDuessel - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Friday 17/05/2013, 14:54

(this is mostly from an ELO perspective, but applies to other game modes as well)

Huracan is an interesting clan, with a revolutionary bonus for sure. We'll be seeing things like -1 dmg per life left/3 etc. However, I don't think this bonus is balanced. It's (from a paper perspective, I have never played this clan) broken, especially in half decks. It's metagame-shifting.

With the Huracan bonus you are guaranteed a +14/12 attack on the first turn. With this bonus simply in play, it discourages the traditional olding and encourages you to push for early damage. This can of course be easily abused, Huracan players can old with little risk in half decks (in case of low-life fights, you have your other half), and your opponent is already in a bad position. Another tactic is to use a powerful wall at the start, like Nellie, to preserve your life pints through mid game and maintain an attack advantage. Not to mention these cards synergies insanely with big + life cards like Kenny Cr, Zhu Tang, Nyema, Jungo and everything else.

They aren't without their faults, especially since they are weakened by late-game. However I think it is a small price for the early game advantage and the exploitable life gain tactics. Only time will tell, I guess.

Your thoughts? You all know I love a good argument.
« Previous12Next »

11/11
100th - Titan English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 03:15

I really ain't seeing this 'Totally overpowered' to be honest. Nor I'm I seeing this 'need to win 1st round'.

They get +12/14 Attack, if they remain at that life. Defeat -life/poison already exist making the 'need' to win that 1st round less vital and to be quiet honest, +12/14 attack isn't the end of the world, they don't automatically win the game because they still get full use of there bonus 2nd round.

There is so many cards, to many to name that put a huge dint into your life and easily, the irony is the less life they have the less chance they have to win. They have a very situation bonus. Sure if you keep letting them win with +life cards then yes, they will constantly get stronger and harder to win against.

All in all there 1st round bluff is strong, not now because there cards aren't amazing but in time, I feel there 1st round bluff potential is strong but other then that, there just 'Ok'

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals