Hooray! No opponent found :D

Thursday 27/05/2010, 03:30
Hell Froggy - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
36 messages
Hell Froggy - Imperator - TRiNiTYEnglish - Thursday 27/05/2010, 03:30

Is this common DM problem gonna be able to be fixed? And if so, will it soon?
« Previous1234Next »

31/36
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 13:19

@traxxxion:

You are comparing apple to orange.
-2 points in a ~20 pts avg to counter balance a clear advantage of using specific cards in a more oriented toward "serious" competition is not the same as -2 points (since it changed from -5 to -2 like one month ago) for a 40-70 pts per win avg in a mode oriented toward fun.

We appreciate how passionate you are about the game, really But sometime you seems to forget that it's a game and some part of it are "just for fun"
32/36
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Saturday 10/07/2010, 14:18

So because it's just for fun you don't require balanced rules?
actually i think the bonus points are getting out of hand. people with worse scores win deathmatches because of those.
especially the persecution is unnecessary, I mean we don't select our opponents so there can actually be no persecution.
a set amount of games would balance things out too. right now luck plays a way to big roll in dms
33/36
Saturday 10/07/2010, 15:30

@hal2_fidelity: yeah sure, then why having winning/defeats streak as well ? after all, you dont decide who you come up against for that either.. ? Here are the rules, we teaked them quite a bit based on your feedback btw...

Persecution means that if you keep beating someone, then you are certainly better than him, so you get less points etc.. Keep the scores tight. The general idea is that if you are better than your opps, you need to work a bit more, you get an handicap.

It will never be fully balanced unless everyone plays the same deck. Theses are just additionals rules to make the DM more fun (-for some-, I can understand -you- dont like bonuses).
34/36
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Saturday 10/07/2010, 16:20

I got nothing against bonuses like winning streaks or beating a higher score player. they even things out a bit.
but there is a huge difference between winning streaks and persecution. if you win against different opponents it's justified to get a bonus because that's something not easy to do, there is even a mode based around it (survivor)

persecution however is like a penalty for having bad luck with the random opponent selection so i don't get how it helps the mode. instead of it just remove the winning streak bonus against opponents you already fought.
35/36
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 18:38

I agree with persecution, but if you're going to incorporate those rules in a DM, then at least give us the option of choosing our opponents.

As for the argument between DT penalty points and DM noob bonus points, idk if I can explain it any simpler than this:
- a lower level opp going against a higher leveled opp. Nothing to lose, a little more to gain than his opponent.
- If this were a DT, this would be considered a hand with 0 elo banned cards.
- However this "0 elo banned hand" will happen more often than for a player in a DT with even just 1 elo banned card in his deck (within a 20 minute period).

TBH, I don't know what to make of this, I haven't really been paying attention through a whole DT trying to find out how many points I lost due to the -2 point penalty but I just know giving low level player an advantage is ridiculous. If they feel good enough to step into the room with veteran players, then they should all be on the same playing field as everybody else. Treat every player equally
36/36
Monday 12/07/2010, 10:04

Checkout the other thread.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals