New Feature: Poll

Wednesday 22/11/2006, 13:22
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
23 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 22/11/2006, 13:22

On your profil page, a new feature just appeared: The Poll.
From now on you'll be able to express your opinion on various subject related to Clint: Urban Rivals. The current poll concerns the ELO mode and the Pussycats. Would you rather ban Yayoi AND Feelyn and keep Wanda AND Baby Q or do the opposite? A difficult question, that's why we need your opinion.

You can vote as much as you want, but each vote will cost you a more Clintz than the previous one. The first vote costs only 2 Clintz, so what are you waiting for
« Previous123Next »

11/23
Kmathie1 - Veteran - League of Extra-Horny Gentlemen English
Thursday 23/11/2006, 03:29

I dont think its fair to ban any of the Pussycats. Ive had to battle against them (and get smashed by them) in ELO mode and now that I finally collected them you are going to ban them ??

How about the best way to balance the strengths in ELO is to collect the right cards ?

And where is the balance in tournaments ?? I had to go up against someone with 7 DJ Korr's in his deck ... how is that fair ?
12/23
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Thursday 23/11/2006, 05:58

Yeah I can vouche for Bill -- he's a penny pincher! Pussy cats must go... Can you make Lost Hog a Cr soon. hehe
13/23
0-ReiXI-EVO - Veteran English
Thursday 23/11/2006, 07:35

First of all "we fell that both the Pussycats and Uppers are overpowered" It should be "felt" not fell.

Secondly, banning cards for the ELO tourney is abit disturbing. I would definitely understand banning collector cards from ELO cause not all players can have them but banning common, uncommon and rare cards in ELO? C'mon... Anybody can buy those cards, how is it unfair for other players?

I reckon that after these cards gets banned and players discovers new cards suitable for the ELO tourney, another issue will come up again stating that the new cards are unfair and needs to be banned... And the cycle continues...

Well i just hope that this action which the admins are currently deciding on be studied thoroughly before they do the actual banning.
14/23
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 23/11/2006, 07:47

Kmathie:
Playing only Dj Korr in tournaments will not get you many points...

Reixi:
We already have non-collector card ban from elo (Vickie). We totally agree that the balance in ELO will always needs tweeking. We will ban (and
maybe unban) cards regulary so the ELO mode stay fresh and the players must keep adapting. We didn't say it was "unfair" to the other players, it's
just that we cannot see the point of having 8 cards that would be "the best combination" forever.
15/23
Thursday 23/11/2006, 09:05

Ok. So you already banned a card before...

Where else can you use Vickie now? Daily tourney's? Normal Games?

In daily tourney's most of the people who wins are playing "OLD" style. Old Style players Mostly uses Uppers, Sentinels, GHEIST or Junks. Vickie is from Montana and that card has now become only a card people collect just to achieve the Titan Rank. In other words, it's become useless... Vickie is a rare card and cost's players a fortune just to get one. If we are only going to use them in normal fights then buying it for 40k is not worth it at all... I'd rather spend my 40k to buy a deck that would give me more wins in normal fights than buy vickie and struggle on buying other cards that I need to team up with vickie.

If we cannot use these cards in tourney's, then they basically are useless and i don't think they still deserve to be rares or uncommons.

I hope you are getting my point.

Thanks and Have a Good Day.
16/23
Jolly Roger - Legend - De asskickers Deutsch
Thursday 23/11/2006, 19:16

Euhm Citizen Kane I think you were wrong earlier with your Fibonnaci sequence.....it should be exponential sequence

Fraggel said "It's get expensive very quickly (2.. 4... 8... 16... 32... 64... 128... etc..) ". So each vote you make costs you twice as much as your last vote = exponential augementation

In a Fibonacci sequence each term is the sum of the two term before that, the sequence starts with 1, 1. so the sequence continues with 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89,.....
17/23
Thursday 23/11/2006, 22:55

Sorry Fraggle mate, maybe i didnt explain myself right ....

you may not earn alot of points using only DJ Korr Cr .... but you don't earn many points playing him either ... very hard to get a win
18/23
Friday 24/11/2006, 00:44

Hang on a minute... We are talking about ELO here... They are banning cards in ELO...

@Kmathie

It is not possible to use 7 DJ Korr in ELO mode. Mate, the arguement is inappropriate. Also if you are gonna verse a deck with 7 DJ Korr's in a normal daily tourney, it'll be easy to defeat that guy cause he probably wouldn't have any bonus.
19/23
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Friday 24/11/2006, 01:15

Jolly Rog, I was just saying yhat ot act smart. but not really smart, I'm a manager for god sakes.

ReiXi, I don't think they will ever ban all Cr's from ELO/Tournament play. The whole point of a game likk this is to have cards others dont have or have forgotten about. Right now the cards are in the 170's (count) and thats pretty young for a crad game likethis. Wiat until there are like 1000 cards (like MTG) and players come up with a 1 generation card like DJ Korr and the other player is like "what the heck?".

Would be cool if some type of sacrifice function is introduced to the game to limit super powerful card duplication in a deck, but again I think that we are "not there yet".
20/23
Friday 24/11/2006, 02:21

0-ReiXI-OLD mate i dunno how easily you can beat a deck when the four cards you are playing against have 8 power and 8 damage ... regardless of whether or not he has bonusses, and I know its different from ELO to regular (tournament) play ... the point i was gettin at was why try and 'balance' ELO only ? If you are going to place bans on cards in ELO mode then where is the balance in tournament play ?

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals