Standard Format Rotation

Standard Format Rotation
Thursday 27/09/2012, 11:21
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
79 messages
Standard Format Rotation
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 27/09/2012, 11:21

Rotation of the Standard format will take place on Monday, October 1st at 11am (GMT + 2:00). Only cards released after October 2nd 2009 will be valid in Standard format, while cards released before this date will now only be playable in Extended format. The next Standard format rotation will take place on April 1st 2013. Below is a list of the characters excluded from Standard mode:
All Stars
Asporov
El Gringo
Cesare

Bangers
Shogunn
Loocio

Fang Pi Clang
Fei
Kuei
Nakata

Freaks
Grudj
Mira
Oren

GHEIST
Anibal
Arkn
Dolly

Jungo
Nyema
Niva
Pegh
Askai

Junkz
Fuzz
Archie
Dreen

La Junta
Archibald

Montana
Donnie
Milovan

Nightmare
Azgroth
Ghumbo
Phyllis

Piranas
Kristin

Pussycats
Noemi

Rescue
Vinny
Sledg

Roots
Walden

Sakrohm
Splosh
Nata
Nimestiec

Sentinel
Coby
Melvin
Malia
Tobbie

Skeelz
Caelus Cr
Jay
Sasha
Tomas
Aylen
Chiara
Damian
Greem
Manfred
Redra
Zeke
Anton
Cley
Danae
Deebler
Liam
Milton
Sandro

Ulu Watu
George

Uppers
Jody
« Previous12345678Next »

31/79
Dexwell - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 16:52

Why can't we have T1 and T2 and keep standard for the 5 players who actually like playing it.
32/79
Wakshaani - Legend English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 17:03

The thing is, when people have a choice between restricted characters and non-restricted characters, they'll go for open-ended almost every time. Right now, with four (Count 'em, four!) Extended areas and only two Survivor, and no extra rewards for Standard play, there's just no incentive for most people to go there. (I do, but I'm weird.)

The radical sugestion I have comes in two forms.

1) Remove Fights Extended from the DT rotation. This means that DT is only in the Fights Standard room. If you want to participate in DT, you have to do it in Standard. This will push people to play there and use the ongoing push towards new stuff ... play there, get credits to buy new stuff. It's the good kind of treadmill.

2) Remove Fights Extended altogether and replace it with a Survivor 25 room. This one's a much more radical thought, obviously, but it would serve a similar purpose.

(I'll detail the new rotation in my next post.)
33/79
2sHaMe - Imperator - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 17:05

Never played in standart never will
34/79
LOA Nanashi7 - Veteran English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 17:16

Jesus, that amount of Skeelz is unnessecary. and the lose of Fuzz and Dreen will be missed severly. i like my 8 damage
35/79
Wakshaani - Legend English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 17:20

All-Stars lose Asparov, a huge threat, and Cesare, their only SoA. Vicious hit.

Bangers lose a hard-hitting Shogunn and Coolio, two staples that'll shake the rafters.

FPC loses Fei. Ouch.

Freaks lose Grudj, an absolute staple.

Ghiest loses three of their best, but, at the same time, most clans are using their Stop: characters that were made to counter them. A net loss, but not as bad as it seems at first.

Jungo takes it in the heart. Nyema the super-vampire? Game-winning Askai> Both of their DR characters? Worst-hit clan.

Junkz lose Dreen, a staple low-star.

Junta lose Archie, who is in every deck.

Montana lose some of their DR-slipping guys.

Nightmare lose Arzgoth (Rare these days, unless you play the 35+ star range), Ghumbo (Ditto), and Phllis, who's in every Nightmare deck, ever.

Pitranas lose Kristen. That smarts a bit.

Pcats lose Noemi, another absolute staple.

Rescue lose Sledge, but he's back in ELO, so they'll live.

Sak lose probably their top 2-star. Small decks are getting hit hard out there.

Sentinel lose ... well, enough to stop being played. The only clan hit as hard as Jungo. Coby alone cripples them, then Melvin and Tobbie? Harsh.

Ulu Watu and Uppers shrug a bit. Both cards are used, but aren't core to their strategies.

Skeelz... everyone's talking about Skeelz. No need for me to chip in.

Interesting in how much DR is lost, meaning that big swings are more likely to win. (More later)
36/79
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 17:38

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- you can't achieve game balance by excluding cards based on date. That is as good an idea as excluding cards based on color. I know it would take a little bit of work, but I don't believe we will ever see Standard succeed unless the rules are changed. Cards that are allowed to remain in the game need to be picked in a much less arbitrary way, with game balance in mind.

I'm sure there are developers, and maybe even a small handful of players that are trying to convince themselves that Standard was a great idea that's just taking a while to catch on. But, it's not -- we already have game modes where some clans arbitrarily do better than others, and certain power cards rule. Standard offers nothing new. I wish it was either revamped, or done away with once and for all. I'm sure those resources could be put to better use elsewhere.
37/79
HipHoppa - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 18:24

So Ghumbo and Caelus are dead, but Nightmares still have Oshitsune...

I've gotta agree that Standard is kinda pointless. I suppose it gives newer players a chance because they can just pick up some cards and be somewhat competitive. But for most players it's pretty pointless, especially considering that the last couple of times I went Standard the stupid system couldn't even find me an opponent half the time. Totally screws your Tourney score...
38/79
SevenAteNein - Hero - The Defenestrators English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 18:25

Killing T1 as a DT format switched me from being an every day player spending money every few months to a 2-3 times a week player with an ax to grind.

I hope UR got what they wanted out of this.
39/79
Tacovendor - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 19:26

I dont know what all the fuss is about rarely anyone plays standard anyway. The eliminated 1/2 the Skeelz from standard woopie now they have about as much standard playablility as the rest of the clans. They should just change the name from standard to battle of the newest clans tho that maybe a little long.
40/79
Freshpirate - Veteran - CLAN DORADO 2012 English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 19:41

Woo! first ban list/ format update that nobody cares about. Bring it on

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals