Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

A long and annoying wall of text about elo mode!

Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming'English - Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44

Hello, I am a longtime player and fan of urban-rivals. I have been playing this game since Rico was in new blood (which was about 3-4 years ago). I have seen the meta game change many times, as well as placing fairly high multiple times in elo matches. I have used Freaks back when there was 12 life, to some success (~1380 elo a few times).
Quite frankly, the cards that are coming out now are too powerful, and not accessible to players. I have spent A LOT of money on this game, gladly. However, the recent price increase for good cards (notice how every new card is completely overpowered, and rare) is disturbing. Cards like Sprinter, and Saki, are acceptable because they are uncommon. However, having completely gamechanging cards like kalindra, Jean, Clover, Diana, sah brihka, Lucy, X-0DUS, Troompah and Neville is very irritating. These cards completely change entire clans from being unusuable to useable, or useable to completely overpowered. And simply put, they cost too much money to obtain (coming from someone who has bought well over 4000 credits, and that is a VERY conservative estimate).
Another problem is the lack of permabans in ELO. The elo voting format isn’t working, as some very abusive cards manage to make it through very often. For example, the Bogdan Olga, Grudj and X are making an extremely overpowered half deck for Freaks. If I were the staff, id ban at least two Freaks cards, my top picks being Bogdan and Grudj, (to be continued)
« Previous123Next »

11/27
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 25/10/2012, 09:49

Well someone from Allstars should leave...I say Robb Cr just so All Stars don't totally suck vs SOB if they lose Saki

Dorian is very good! He gives Uppers that card that fights most cards very easily pill for pill and packs a Hefty unconditional 7 damage...why do you think he's banned every single week?

Greem is ok yes, but it's annoying having a card like her and Azel that can decide games Round 1...it's not 'strategic' ifyou either 0 pill her or just dump 8 pillz on a card...it's just pure luck

Spiaghi is ignored simply because taking him out would destroy Montana completely...they'd have Ottavia as their only decent DR (some argue Jimmy but meh) plus the only real problem is Avola...who combined with Mona/Oscar and Spiaghi turn games into a 'my 2 pill Mona or Oscar beats your 4-5 pilled card...haha...now eat Avola's 9 damage'

As for your 'unbans'
Arkn was banned to stop mono GHEIST flowing...noother ban could've done that better
Emeth? really you want a stronger Troompah back?
Oshitsune? Nightmare are everywhere as it is, they dont need reinforcing
Lou's ban is debatable...I agree to pull her and Arno out (but ban Jeena and one other 3*)

Is Hawk that good? I won't even answer that question. He will never see the light of ELO again

Smokey Cr...debatable but I'd prefer ulrich's unbanning
12/27
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 26/10/2012, 03:37

Unban Dorian!

He is the ultimate non-overpowered overpowered card. He doesn't do triple old fury like kalindra, He doesn't turn games into 50-50s like Azel or Greem, He doesn't promote stupid support-heavy monodecks like Avola or Troompah, he isn't a 9-powered monstrosity like Beeboy.

What he is is a stabilizing force in elo. Something that could stop the meta from turning into SOA vs SOB every week. Someone that could match and beat the cobys and Avolas of the world pill-for-pill to stop people form sending out wave after wave of attack manip conserving pills until they arrive at a surewin situation. Someone that is good enough to win against every card, but not good enough to dominate anything.

Unban Dorian, and make the world a better place
13/27
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 26/10/2012, 04:09

That was convincing. I hate fighting him, but... Dorian for president!
14/27
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 14:40

OH just to have my little rant cause I'm bored

Apart from the obviously fun-to-face Kalindra Azel is my most hated card in ELO at the moment. She's the definition of 'herp im a retard and can't be bothered actually playing properly so i'll just use Azel'

It's not necessarily her poison that's annoying. it's the fact she has SOB, her clan mates have SOB, and her clan mates all have strong life gapping abilities themselves.
What sets her apart from say....Greem....is that all dmg/life clans are nullified against her bonus and a single win with any of her mates=game over...and ofc for some reason every single Azel user I face throws Pan out next round just to add the icing on the cake of ridicule

But all that doesn't compare to one thing....that face. That smug, ugly mofoing face she has...with one eyeball astronomically larger than the other, and for some reason whenever someone wins with her I can hear a cackling laugh that I know she'd make.
I've almost never wanted to punch something so hard in the face before. it's as if her face is just begging me to slog it as hard as possible

So please dear lord just delete the card from existence...don't permaban it....send it to the freaking graveyard (Yu-Gi-Oh up in this)....burn it...destroy it....please rid that ugly face of hers out of here

And rant over
15/27
Hihihilalala - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 16:04

Frankly, I don't like to play those overpowering cards like Olga and Askai. Not sure if Greem qualify as one, but in my opinion she doesn't because she don't have any support. I typically play Skeelz in Elo and I don't think there are any broken cards in it (not elo-banned that is).

However, it seems that it is hard to win for Elo, or Survivor Elo unless you have one of those more overpowered cards. It always appears to me that those on the top are always the Freaks/Jungo/Pussycats/Frozn (usually only when kalindra is unbanned though). So I am kind of hoping that UR would be able to revise the Elo banned list again or hopefully be able to provide more support for the other clans as well, especially La Junta. Everybody seems to be saying that La Junta is not playable, which kind of saddens me as I was a Junta fan.
16/27
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 16:09

@wats

agreed Azel needs a ban kinda too powerful with other nightmares around + they have Karrion which is not as good in some ways but could still do the job

Dorian is good... but he is nothing SPECIAL like hes fairly good against everything but hes fairly weak against everything (mostly DRs). but thing is he has quite some competition (not necessarily as good as him) that could replace him, which makes it such that there is no point to ban him. (Hefty, Herman even Glenn could be used)

how would Spiaghi COMPLETELY destroy Montana in any sense? they have so many good cards and DR for Montana just kinda op especially Spiaghi 1 pill = 26 attack and 3 less damage for a 2 star? and Ottavia is usable definitely or perhaps just dont use them in mono....

ok perhaps Hawk may be a bit too good but look at sentinels... they dont have a single freakin usable soa.... sorry Luis is crap. and something like Bristone/ Jeena would be great against Hawk

Smokey Cr is debatable i guess.. Ulrich might make Piranas a bit op they are so solid already but hes no way overpowered in ANY sense

mm now that metagame has changed is Striker and Lamar Cr really that good? ok perhaps All Stars with soa would be a bit op but i mean Lamar Cr 5 star with 6 power is no where overpowered.... i mean its solid and honestly not many ppl have Lamar Cr nowadays anyway.

kalindra seems broken from day one

wow side note does no one find Uranus super annoying? ban her?
17/27
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 16:11

And to continue...

yes Nightmare is strong but Oshitsune is nowhere overpowered with Azel now on the field.... if they ban Azel then bring back Oshitsune

Arkn is not that good if you ban Arkn why not ban Gertjan i mean 16 attack is super annoying if you are not Roots/ GHEIST....

emeth is slightly overpowered but LOOK AT La Junta i have not seen a single junta deck in elo
18/27
XC Tree Frog - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 28/10/2012, 19:05

Junta aren't THAT terrible in elo. On soa weeks like this their stop abilities can be pretty crazy. Helped me get at 1400 for a little bit. . They just take more skill to play than Kalindra.

Hawk is just way too op for elo as it is now. You cant dr it, and not much overpowers it outside of power manip clans.

Wasnt Oshitsune originally banned when elo was still twelve life? I wouldnt mind it being unbanned. Azel is pretty crazy, but gettingbgetting below her minimum isnt too much of a problem if they overpill.
19/27
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 29/10/2012, 02:45

The Junta are downright good if played right. I have a Junta/Vortex deck that has become one of my favorites. I find that it's one of my most stable decks, performing well regardless of the meta.
20/27
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Monday 29/10/2012, 17:57

Azel needs to go, Kalindra needs to go, Dorian, Uranus, Bogdan, Troompah, Jean

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals