Is Rescue Invincible?

Is Rescue Invincible?
Monday 31/05/2010, 02:42
Cheunger - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
59 messages
Is Rescue Invincible?
Cheunger - Titan English - Monday 31/05/2010, 02:42

Their support ability makes it just so powerful... Is there any REAL counter?
« Previous123456Next »

21/59
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 15:25

I thought i alreaddy said this but looks like it was refused for no reason so I'll say it again.

No clan is invincible, all clans can be beat.
22/59
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 16:52

Catwoman's right, Rescue have weaknesses in there own little way (as every other clan does) e.g:

They rely on their bonus too much, meaning Sob will destroy them. (Nightmare and Piranas)
Their power on average is 6, so generally low, meaning All Stars, Bangers and Ulu Watu would usually beat them.
Some of them rely on abilities as well, so All Stops own them (GHEIST, Roots, and so forth might have trouble, but they can usually take it)
Piranas Pill manipulation + Sob could take them DOWN.

So, you got Nightmare and Piranas, All Stars, Bangers, Ulu Watu, GHEIST and Roots. No, they aren't invincible.
23/59
Hula_Daisy - Colossus - Immortality English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 23:15

Montana can cancel their bonus without actually stopping it well except if Hugo is team with them then the get the equivilence of 2 Rescue
24/59
sunbunman - Titan - the shockwaves English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 09:39

Haven lost to a Rescue yet

Pirhanas is ftw =p
25/59
Sunday 06/06/2010, 14:59

Piranas is probably Rescue's weakness.
26/59
Wakshaani - Titan English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 15:46

Rescue's not even in the top three in terms of team bonus (That being Uppers, Sakrohm, and Montana, in that order) and can't run half-decks, either. They fall apart when hit with SoB and on a bad day, SoA can mess them up as well.

Stacking them up against Uppers or Montana is pretty much an auto-loss (Insert Wak rant about banning CRs from Type 1 play, moving Jackie and Zatman to CR status, and so on), while the Piranas only need to get over the first round or two to start the Pillz Chain to keep winning. Tula, in particular, makes Rescue cry, while Taljion is a wrecking ball.

Trust me, as a lifelong Rescue player, I know all too well where we fall apart.
27/59
Sunday 06/06/2010, 17:32

@Wakshaani I find it goes Uppers, Montana then Sakrohm
28/59
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:24

If we are talking strictly bonus... how his Rescue not in top 3?

+12 vs. -10, -8, -12 (all with minimums)

that simply doesnt make sense.

Rescue has a slight edge over Montana due to the min 8. And if we unleash their banned cards, Montana is still at a disadvantage unless Lyse Teria is in play.

Uppers with banned cards in play are top tier, but without Jackie and Zatman, the edge goes to Rescue

Sahkrom are better at higher levels of elo due to the presence of 8 power cards and a guy named Uranus, but the bonus is worse...

The Piranha advantage over Rescue is greatly overestimated. Unless the Rescue player gets a bad draw, odds are, he has cards that can shut down the Piranha staples.... and if we are talking pill manipulation.. then that is just a straight up pill fight that is risky for both sides.

There is a reason why Rescue have yet to be given and 8 power card, and why Marco at a virtual 9 power is banned. having 8 power with the +12 bonus means that Rescue card would beat most cards in straight up pill fights.

Conclusion, +12 bonus is pretty impressive
29/59
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:36

I'd say that Rescue are extremely good and are very balanced but they could be beats. I.e. 4-5 cards with major damage but plenty of cards with + life. SoB affects them a lot.

imo, Ghumbo is probably the worst card to play against if you are using Rescue (not Sledg though) because he blocks the bonus and provides some attack manip.

However Rescue are a very good clan and are hard to beat without attack or power manip.
30/59
Hedgehog 500 - Titan - D-Versified English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:38

I agree. well said

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals