Suggestion: Setting card artwork

Monday 01/04/2013, 10:19
WMDuessel - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Monday 01/04/2013, 10:19

UR has a really nice feature/gimmick of card levels, which means all cards have 2-5 different artworks. Amazing, right? Well, not really. We only get to see one most of the time, unless browsing at character pages. Seems like a waste to me.

That is why I'm proposing we allow individual players to set the artwork for each of their individual cards. Before you call me out on how this can be abused by deceiving unprepared players, note that the stars will still show the level of a card. If you fail to notice that, along with the stats and the ability, I don't know what. Anyway, each card in a player's collection can be set to a specific artwork. You want your Lehane to display level 1 art? Set it. If you want multiple Romana at level 2, you can use Collection Pro to set them. It will need a few tweaks though, such as when you sell on the market.

Not only does this let 80% of all the art in Urban Rivals be publicized, it also allows players to personalize their cards and decks. I also don't see how it can be abused, or how it can affect the game negatively. What do you think?
« Previous12Next »

2/17
Coney-DK - Guru English
Monday 01/04/2013, 11:40

I think it has the possibility to confuse a lot of players that think they are facing one version of a card, when they actually aren't. It would probably be less of a problem on PC, but on phones it would be very annoying to actually have to check every single card instead of just knowing what it does.

Never underestimate the amount of usability problems removing or changing standards can have
3/17
calvin_0 - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 01/04/2013, 12:29

Good idea, i think someone already make an topic on it months ago... i wish i could use lv.5 Hopper Ld with its Lv.2 art or lv.3 Cutey with Lv.2 art.

someone send this suggestion to UR already! -> http://www.urban-rivals.com/staff/contactus.php
4/17
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 01/04/2013, 14:43

You're right about the phone versions. Maybe a level embedded within the artwork? But that would make the cards unpretty :/
5/17
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Monday 01/04/2013, 22:46

I like this idea.
6/17
TharaCorleone - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 02/04/2013, 20:11

As people have said in regards to this idea, a lot of great art gets wasted once a card is fully levelled and as someone who involves the cards in a lot of fiction and artwork, I'd love to be able to stick to the forms I work with (like Aniki in his first form, for example).
7/17
RG LoA - Moderator - Legends of America English
Tuesday 02/04/2013, 23:24

This has been something suggested before. I'm not sure if the admins gave an official statement on it though. I imagine to avoid confusing other players, it would have to be something you could set for yourself but other players would not see it.
8/17
Alhalish - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 03/04/2013, 02:46

And make it that you have to pay 1000+ clintz to set the artwork you want to use. Why? To help UR's plot. What plot? Duel Mode is your hint. Is it good? Yes!
9/17
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 03/04/2013, 13:26

@RG LoA: It would be cool if it effected your hand but not the opponents. it would probablly stop most of the confusion.
10/17
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Wednesday 03/04/2013, 19:34

@UM_AaaBattery you mean like an option that allows you to choose between varied art or max level art only?

I quite like that idea. I get to battle folks using Saki with her lvl 1 art while they just see me use her lvl 3 form.

But wouldn't this be a lot of effort for something that's just for visuals? Every single card in the game would have to be individually selected to determine which art you wanna see... I figure that's gotta be an awful lot of work.

In my opinion I think it'd be best if only some cards get this option, starting with fairly popular cards with great overall artwork(Diana, Zinfrid, Nellie, Malicia, Kalindra etc.(imo of course)). Nobody cares about being able to see Gary his lvl 4 art(not imo that's probably a fact)

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals