Click here if you forgot your password.

New bans in ELO

New bans in ELO
Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
257 messages
New bans in ELO
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39

After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
« Previous12345678910...2526Next »

41/257
PaxCardmaster - Imperator Deutsch
Monday 28/11/2011, 13:40

I'm not happy with this at all...

- Toro was the second power manipulator next to Rolph who is also banned... and now gone
- Arkn was good but NOT worth a ban at all
- With Bonnie Ld the staff basicly hit themselfs after saying that they'd never bann a Ld... and up till now it was the community that had to do it... with her gone another character/ clan has to suffer
- Ulrich... really? first they give the clan a damage reducer and now they take it away? also he was banned like 2 times total... where is the math in that?
- and then again Arno? am i the only one wondering whats wrong with those banns?

the only banns i saw coming were for Ghumbo and Sledg, but there was no thinking... just observing that they where banned a couple of months in a row.

all in all; bad call from the stuff. i don't know if they observe the play rate of a card and bann them because of that, but it sure had nothing to do with the power level this time... and unbanning Uranus is like unleashing hell in ELO once more. i can allmost hear em say "now that Berzerk are running wild with their bonus, she's OK again"... my answer: PLAY THE GAME AND JUDGE BASED ON THAT!
basicly they banned staple cards and brought back Uranus (which will be banned from now on... AGAIN), but tell US "Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!"

guess i'll take a break from the game for a couple of months now. don't get me wrong, i really like UR and i'm supporting it by buying packs with RL money, but things like this piss me off.
42/257
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 28/11/2011, 13:41

Ghumbo and Toro: these guys are too long in the wild, they dominates ELO every now and then
good job on both UR
I waited for these two cards getting banned

Bonnie Ld definitely in perma ban list, soon or later (you still ahve Hawkins, Hawkins Noel and Tula, no need to complaint)

Arno also annoying, with low stars DR, however, I don't know if Roots has any other good 2 stars??
Shakra, Ratanah and Lou got banned, and now Arno? getting ridiculous here
it seems they want Roots player to use 3 stars Roots in ELO

Arkn: also really annoying, SOA and -10 attack, it's like Rubie 2 stars, you can use him for attacking or defending purpose
he is like a 3 stars
at least GHEIST has another good two stars unlike Roots
it seems UR wants GHEIST player to use half deck, not mono deck like before

Sledg: it's an ok call, I saw it long time ago when I heard Sledg got banned a lot in ELO
they have lots of choice in 5 stars, especially with arrival of Pastor

releasing Uranus..
strange, why?
Sakrohm has Murray, and Ngrath they are fine
unbanning one of the strongest DR in the game while banning the less stronger one
Sakrohm will SHINE

IMO, don't forget the impact on DT like L8Rdays said
it is definitely ridiculous getting -2 point when using Arno, Ulrich, or Arkn in DT
43/257
Vultaren - Veteran English
Monday 28/11/2011, 13:45

I usually don't like it when players complain about the game, but this might actually be founded. In any case, release Uranus which increases SOA usage then ban Arkn and Arno to decrease SOA usage. Nice comeback for Sakhrom
44/257
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:04

The Staff may CR Uranus. But I don't think they would reintroduce a CR character currently premanently banned back into ELO. And reintroducing Uranus first, then permabanning him is pretty close to that.
45/257
XC 1984 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:05

The Arkn one made me lol

z3r0d34d is used more XD
46/257
The boss28 - Imperator - Punk_Asociation English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:11

They banned Kerry,Rowdy,Gil and now this you are really?????
47/257
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:15

You know half of these perma bans could have been avoided if the card designers were thinking before releasing cards like Draheera, Bonnie Ld and Spyke (who I'm 95% sure will be banned in the next set of permas)

They could have waited a month or so to really see the impacts of Spyke, Gretchen and Flinch (the three main elo cards released recently which have changed the face of elo pretty dramatically).
48/257
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:25

That Arno ban, to strong.
49/257
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:37

I'm still trying to rationalize the Arno ban.

Ok, its not the end of the world for Roots ELO. After all, Jeena + Arno hands are not good. Now Roots will just have Jeena as a low power character. If Roots replaces Arno with good power, the damage is minimized (no pun intended).

I mean, this still drops Roots from tier 4 to somewhere between tier 5 and tier 6, but there is a silver lining.
50/257
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:38

Alright,new ban review time.

Arkn-i think when everyone saw this card banned this past week for the first time,they were thinking "wtf?!??!"-and now that Arkn is gone,which i find bizarre,because yes,he was a good attack reducer/wall,i dont think anyone ever had any real quarrels with him. I guess that leaves us GHEIST users with zero dead and Elke...not the best of choices,but i think it can work...maybe.
Toro-i pretty much expected this ban to happen,as did everyone else. Hes a stud 4 star with SOA and some punishing power reduction.Will be missed.
Ghumbo-solid card all around;reminded me a lot of Vickie Cr,so i wasnt really surprised about his departure.
Bonnie Ld-i somewhat expected the ban,but i would have though you guys would have left Bonnie Ld on the temp list just to piss off the Piranas players.Oh well,if you need a splash,theres Kusuri still.
Sledg-he was never unbanned in elo since his temp-banning,so it was like a perma-ban anyway.Wasn't surprising at all.
Ulrich-personally,i dont get the ban.yeah,i hate Piranas and think theyre annoying to play against,but come on....Ulrich? really guys..banning a card is one thing but bringing back its even stronger counterpart in Uranus is just ridiculous(more on that later).....in a nutshell,its a pretty stupid ban,but the Piranas will survive.they always do somehow.

to be continued in post 2

« Previous12345678910...2526Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals