A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

2/215
0 Shrek - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 06/11/2012, 23:16

Griezzo is good?
3/215
{) - Veteran English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 00:21

Yup at least imo
4/215
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 01:22

Ok heres the actual tier list

Power manipulation - Allstars, Bangers, uluwatu
Attack Manipulation - Junkz, Uppers, Sakhrom
Damage Bonus - Freaks, Jungo, Fang Pi, bezerk, junta
SoA - Roots, GHEIST
Defeat Clans - Pussycats, Frozn, Vortex
SOB clans - Nightmare, Piranas
Strictly Mono Clans - Montana, Skeelz, Sentinal, Rescue

If the clan doesnt start with a capital letter, it means the clan is underpowered. Also, grezzio is not good. Why would i ever pick him over any other 2010+ Montana four star?

GHEIST are not that good, they just either completely own against certain clans (sak, Junkz, Uppers, sentinal), or completely suck (Piranas, Nightmare, allstars, Freaks), there is no inbetween
5/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 01:23

Griezzo is bad in the current meta...

To make an accurate tier list you have to understand what makes good cards. There's a strong preference in the meta for cards that can win fights.

There are basically 5 types of cards in UR:
1) Outdated -- card has low base stats or such poor stat/ability/bonus synergy that it is not playable in ELO
2) Well-rounded -- card is okay in every regard, no particular strength or weakness, no need to discuss
3) Wall -- card has high round-winning power, but either low or situational gapping ability
4) Glass Cannon -- card has low or situational round-winning power, but high gapping ability
5) Powerhouse -- card has great base stats, good round-winning power and gapping ability

Griezzo is the 4th kind of card; he will always lose to the Beeboys and the Askais, he will always lose to the well-rounded cards like Shifou, he will always lose to cards with high round-winning ability like Chiara. At some point in the not-too-distant past the 4th kind of card were more or less playable, but now they are rapidly disappearing from the meta. As UR's power creep continues, the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th kind of cards just get better at winning rounds, and even once great cards of the 4th type (Nyema, Oflgn, etc) are starting to look much less ELO-playable, because they are easy to beat.
6/215
XC Tree Frog - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 01:40

Its pointless to try to tier it because of the bans. The tier list would change every week.
7/215
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 01:59

Kitkat, is that you?
8/215
{) - Veteran English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 11:38

The reason i think that Griezzo is good is that like every good card he forces you to make had descions, either take huge damage or waste pillz. he will win many late mid level pill battles (like 5-7 pillz). although i agree that he is quite gimmicky and has a lot of down sides like SoA, SoB, Dr, Pr, yeah it goes on. so i was probably wrong to use him as a seal of excellence. happy?

@Box-Turtle why does that matter, if there is a bann that hurts your clan its only weekly the tier list doent or wouldnt change its just match ups for a short period of time, if the factor is not tangible it should not be considered, plus i can change it at any time

AGPrinz i dont see why Montana, Skeelz are mono clans most people consider Praxie to be a solid pick for half or splash decks and there are plenty of choices for half decks in both clans
9/215
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 12:30

Coming from a person who doesn't play Skeelz (that's me ) I'd either go mono, 6/2 or just a straight up 7/1 splash. Their bonus is generally going to be less useful than whichever clan you pair it with, making 4/4 Skeelz+[insert clan] less desirable.

I've certainly played my fair share of games using Montana, and they can be useful as a half deck. Most definitely. That said though, both Skeelz and Montana, are geared towards mono, purely because of their strong support:ability options.

I agree with the majority in that Griezzo was a poor example.

These 'ELO tier' threads always go down the same path: person posts their 'tiers'... other people disagree.

I myself do not agree entirely with your top tier clans. But just like you have your own bias opinion, I have mine. To be honest most clans have completely legitimate deck options these days (some still being a bit below the standard though) which blurs the lines between any real clan 'tiers'or 'rankings', because one clan being 'better' than another is mostly personal preference.

For example, last week saw me peak at 1442 with All Stars and Jungo, neither of which appear on your list. An abstract tier system isn't that relevant these days. What's most important is what clans have their in-and-out-of-temp-ban cards being playable (like Box-Turtle suggested), and how your selected clan/s match up against most of what you see that week. A clan can go from great one week to being undesirable the next.
10/215
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 12:30

Skeelz are either Mono or a 2 card splash that's it..they just fair alot better with their support (not to mention 95% of them absolutely suck without their ability-hence why Leviatonn is the only GHEIST card that can actually face them)

As for your tiers it changes weekly as someone said but i'd say Jungo and Junkz are the 2 'I can play every week no trouble' clans...The first mainly thanks to Jean that stupid camel! Pussycats and Nightmare aren't too far behind them

GHEIST are pretty average...they are halfdeck material now, complementing the big cards of the week with nice SOA offense support, the same can be said about Roots but offering SOA defense support.

Vortex...average again..gets destroyed by SOA really, really badly

Piranas...forced into mono really but with no DR backup they are fairly sub par as well

I disagree with Montana being forced into mono...they are actually decent at both builds..I'd say they are one of the more 'nicely balanced clans' as opposed to overused (Jungo) and underused(La Junta)

Unfortunately the meta has become attack manipulation + big hitter pushing out alottttt of stuff

« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals