I'm slumping

I'm slumping
Wednesday 26/12/2012, 00:31
X2X - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
I'm slumping
X2X - Veteran - Legends EmpireEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2012, 00:31

It happens to everyone at some point. I went from over 1100 ELO to under 1000 and went through 14 games with 9 losses and 5 draws. So, give me your stories and strategies of your slumps and how your broke through them.

2/5
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 26/12/2012, 06:34

If your best is barely 1200, you still have a lot to learn about ELO play. Don't take that the wrong way -- there's nothing wrong with that, we were all there once. Learn from your mistakes. Ask yourself what moves consistently cause you to lose, and figure out why. Try to look for little clues as to why your opponent made the move that he did. Any time you make a move, your opponent is trying to figure out what the "best" response to it is. If you can figure out what your opponent is thinking, you are that much closer to winning; you can pill accordingly and pick the order of your cards accordingly.
3/5
X2X - Veteran - Legends Empire English
Wednesday 26/12/2012, 08:57

I don't play in ELO much anyway (generally I want to get comfortably past 1050 just for credits and a vote) but I was slumping in all areas. Switched to Sakrohm and now seem to be doing better. Thanks though!
4/5
_wise_ - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 26/12/2012, 16:21

My general problem with elo is over-thinking to be honest, i always assume the opponent will be as sneaky as i am and forget something staring in my face, but then i just take a break and start again and zoom up
5/5
rhypher - Veteran - Non Compos Mentis English
Thursday 27/12/2012, 07:26

That also happened to me and like _wise_ i was over-thinking so i took a break for about 3 months or more then i decided to just trust my instincts and ever since most of the times i get to top 150 in tourney. Remember just trust your skills

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals