My thoughts on ELO...

My thoughts on ELO...
Saturday 28/07/2007, 19:29
Horus WMD - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
My thoughts on ELO...
Horus WMD - Divinity - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Saturday 28/07/2007, 19:29

1. Restrict it to the Danger Zone only. If you need to rely on the computer to help you play, you shouldn't be playing ELO.

2. UR needs to create a program addition for ELO that states that the total stars you draw from your deck for a game is between 11-15 stars. I'm tired of this random garbage with the computer who gives me 8-10 stars worth of cards when my opponent gets 16+.

If ELO is supposed to be a tournament structure, then randomness needs to be reduced significantly and equal for everyone.
« Previous12Next »

2/19
Collector_HM - Veteran - Pit Viper English
Saturday 28/07/2007, 21:17

That is true, and maybe be a speacial room wher u have to be playin elo to enter
3/19
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 04:02

My thoughts on elo:
1)dark corners = noobs/newbies(so im sure you have easy time getting as first anytime,but sometimes you go goodbye because of randomness)
;danger zone = pro/fairplay(very hard,cause your playing against the very best players around,your calculator is the best weapon on this room)

2)Sometimes in my decks my draw is like this:Gwen-1,Noon Steevens-1,Feelyn-2,Uranus-3 = 7 stars
i fought a guy named s-itachi his draw is:byran-4,Zatman-3,jane ramba-3,Uranus-3 =16 stars(almost halved of my stars)
the first turn he made with byran(42 attack) vs my Gwen(49 attack) - lucky supposed because i could quit anytime just those 2 Pussycats not to gain exp....2nd turn i made Noon Steevens with (15 attack) vs jane ramba(unpilled) i won again,3rd turn was Uranus vs Feelyn(i put all my pillz) and last was Zatman vs Uranus....i won 11-9

Anyways i will say elo is really a hard game;the randomness,the draws,the player you are against - are all part of the elo,this is what makes this game very interesting and not to be so easy to get into top 25.But i "may" say if you had experience using all clans when playing elo,you will know each weakness and how to defend yourself against attacks.I do agree on the stars,its really not balanced like when you draw 8 stars you can get crushed by just like 13 stars

Good Games!
4/19
Jaxe VS - Titan - Vicious Salvo English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 04:28

Wow, best suggestions I've ever heard for ELO.

I will say this, though: A very, very good ELO deck gives you an opportunity to win no matter how many stars you and your opponent have.
5/19
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 06:08

I thought Randomness was reduced in ELO...
and it shouldn't be restricted to the Danger room... that's bonkers...
the random adds an air of chance to a game, which when it works for you,(i actually feel bad when i win by random chance) it's great, and when it doesn't work for you, it sucks... but it's not hard to get over losing to random.
frankly, i kinda prefer the random factor... even though it seems to strike several times in a row, once it happens once.
If you need to rely on absolutes, then perhaps you should find a new game to play.
RANT... RANT...
6/19
K-Chaos - Titan Deutsch
Sunday 29/07/2007, 13:17

My three cent:

The random factor: add a comment you like here I think everything to this topic was already said before and it won't make any sense to add something from my side except: if you don't like it play in danger zone thats all

The idea with the stars: It is an interesting thought to balance the players hands so that a match becomes more fair....but still it looks like an excuse for a bad deck build.You have to create an effective deck which can win with most of the possible combinations of cards and your opponent have to do the same, so you both start from the same point the 25 stars limit...
It is your own fault if you decide create a deck with several lvl 1 cards so you have to live with the consequences...This means that sometimes you will draw both of your lvl 5 cards and sometimes you will draw 2 of your lvl 1 cards and lose...I started to call such cards "weakpoints" in the deck and I begun to create decks without any of them, this is my way to face this problem....
And btw it is hard to judge the streinght of a card just by it's number of stars...
7/19
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Sunday 29/07/2007, 13:59

I have no problem whatsoever with the game at this point.
1) Everyone has the choise of playing random or not. Both options have a room at their disposal. You cannot aspect other players to play in the same room because you prefer non random play.

2)Quote Tear: "Sometimes in my decks my draw is like this:Gwen (C)-1,Noon Steevens (C)-1,Feelyn (U)-2,Uranus (U)-3 = 7 stars"
Well actually you do that to yourself, if you make a deck with 2 lvl 1's you can suspect to play with them, even with the both at once. You have to calculate on that when building a deck. If you want to use unmaxed cards, you have to deal with them when drawing them. And as showed; of you are good enough you can win even with a bad draw.
Personally I see no problem here either.
8/19
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 15:00

Yes totally agree,you can make a balanced deck which really fits you,and you can take the unevolved ones but you have to sometimes take the consequence,that is the solution.Well i probably now know we can only just "discuss" around here not to suggest anything,thats all folks!
9/19
Horus WMD - Divinity - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 16:16

Yes, everyone has the choice to play random or not, but there shouldn't be a choice.

ELO should be the top of the food chain, but the way it is right now, any little fish who thinks he has a chance can ride a lucky streak to the top 10. Yes, some random chance is needed, but the random chance should be limited to the cards drawn from your deck.

The computer shouldn't be winning games for people when it's a tournament. It would be like a tournament organizer for a RL card game just walking up to a game between two players and randomly selecting one player to win, regardless of the actual game.

Make people play in the DZ for ELO and the level of game play will increase significantly.
10/19
Horus WMD - Divinity - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 16:19

Sorry for the double post, but I had another suggestion...

If you're not going to restrict ELO to the DZ, make a new tournament category called something like "Ironman ELO" and restrict it to the DZ only.

Also, lets do an ELO where NO cards are restricted. Keep the regular one around for those who want it, but I would like to pull out my DJ Korr or General to win something other than a few Clintz.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals