ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

31/307
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:54

Guys please stop to complain. No reason to cry just because you cannot use your broken cards anymore!

"Roots are gone": No. Shakra is still there. Even without Ratanah and Shakra Roots are still very good. Use them as a low star half deck: Jeena 2 * or Arno, Yookie, Rico, Noodile. Or Jeena 2 *, Yookie, Rico, Arno. Simply great.

"Sents are gone": Well the ban of Hawk hurts them. But their most important card is still there: Lehane. They are playable, just not overpowered. Example for a half deck: Lehane, Melvin, Copper (if possible), Dayton. If copper is banned you can use Havok instead. Strong 5 * card, there are not only Hawk and Copper! Tessa Cr isn´t bad either.

"Uppers are gone": The ban of 1 broken card does not make a domintant clan unplayable. Use cards like Dorian (he will be banned less often because Zatman is gone!!!), Nellie, Oxen, Samantha, Wendel.
32/307
TheDongBomb - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:59

Yeah kon artist is right those 3 clans are dead :[
33/307
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:04

@ the people who dislike the bans - Think about this, the cards that were banned were overpowered and their power lead to abuse. I never liked a game where every other person runs the same cookie cutter-deck. It means no variety and makes the game either becomes boring or incredibly difficult.
Like how in the DTs all you'd see is Montana/Uppers because they have the overpowered cards and so many people are abusing them. DTs are monotonous and boring, except in ELO we are able to change the repetition with banning.
Also, because of the cards being banned their respective clans will see less ELO play and thus their other cards won't be banned as much. People can deal with people can deal with clans with a single overpowered card. With the new bans, the clans that cards now are on par with other clans and are tolerable. And since most clans are on par with each other now, most games aren't going to be instant loses because
34/307
Wakshaani - Titan English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:06

Sentinels still have plenty of cards (Including the very broken Lehane), while Uppers has Nellie, Rubie, Wendel, Frankie, Oxen and Burt. Uppers remain *the* dominant clan, bar none, even with Dorian, Zatman, and Jackie sitting it out.

Roots, I've never played, so I dunno how it hurts them.

Kolos is the Big Scary Gun, a whole other league from, say, Lost Hog. Not THAT hard to beat, but life stank when you saw him and Kenny on the other side since you'd have to burn everything on Kolos, Just In Case, then watch him be a feint while the others ate your face.

All in all, I support this one. I don't think I ever got around to pulling Marco off teh bench in the first place, so he's hardly a loss, and, overall, this should really shake the field up.

I do wonder, tho ... since I voted to ban Zatman this week, can I get my ELO vote back?
35/307
URS_Peer - Legend - UR Stars Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:10

Very good choices for the bannings, should make ELO more diverse.

But I agree with a couple of the other people, without Zatman Uppers are almost non-playable, and Marco was the last really powerful card for the Rescues, they are mediocre at best now. Kolos was the last reason to play Nightmare, but he was a cointoss and not skill, so it is good, that he is gone. All 3 Clans could use some decent ELO-Cards now, though.
36/307
Euzebe - Legend English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:11

@Wakshaani : of course, you could vote again right now. We've given back your votes.
37/307
Fremmeno - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:16

It's sad to see you go Zatman ol' buddy.. AGAIN!

But I honestly like this.

This is the start of the gold age for Freaks, La Junta and fang pi. Although there is much more dangerous cards, this ban will cripple the clans, that were in the top. Also, I'm very keen to see the top10 most used cards in elo of the week.

The one card that I'm glad that it's banned is Ratanah.. Shakra was always banned, but if Ratanah is free, your deck must contain her, if you want to score high.

I suggest all of you not to be angry about this, but go and test the new, and fresh elo.
38/307
CDG213 - Legend - Time Conquers All English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:21

Sentinel were struggling before Hawk then he came out and they had a come back now your banning him sents my aswell hide in a corner O_o
39/307
Vaayshan - Guru English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:27

I just love these new permabans, great job
40/307
Werwolferine - Legend - The BeSharps Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:31

I dont think so, cdg, cause they realeased Hawk AND Lehane at the same day. And - as others said - you still have a respectful half deck with Havok-Lehane-Melvin and one of those three Dayton/Luis/Skiner (depends on what your prefer).
And we will get new cards to fill this holes. Maybe not as powerful, cause that would make no sense, but with the same starcount and/or useful abilities.

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals