ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12...67891011...3031Next »

81/307
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 09:16

I like it, it shakes things up and i think Hawk and Kolos should have been banned anyway...now i can vote for other cards rather than Ratanah
82/307
airman24 - Titan - Open Casket English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 10:05

Permanent banning those 5 cards would focus the votes more on Shakra,
copper, Dorian and Striker
thanks UR
83/307
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 11:43

The cards are so often banned anyway that permi banning them will make no difference to most people anyway.
84/307
X-Thuga-X - Legend Português
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 13:08

I really don't think that Striker will be a problem, I mean he can be almost an 8 power but we have Piranas and Nightmare junks Sakrohm etc...

I mean I really think this time we will have a chance to play ELO equally...
85/307
0 LUC4_SR - Legend - Under Control English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 13:50

I'm absolutely for ban of Kolos.Marco is also good decision because deck with Kerry and Glosh is almost unbeatable i have meet them many time in elo mode+Zatman maybe in combination with Oxen and Dorian deadly combination while on other hand Copper and Hawk are also problematic so there are wise decisions of ban+Ratanah is always good filler to Roots especially because -4 opp att.
I'm wondering is this decision final.These characters would come back in game sometimes or not?
86/307
Oltimus - Titan English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 16:08

I'm excited to see how this plays out, it will change things greatly and I think that's good. Good to be rid of Kolos, he isn't a ELO card in any case.
87/307
DollarThief - Hero - Pillz Anonymous English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 01:22

Recently, Dorian has been vote-banned more often than Zatman. With Zatman and Jackie staff banned, and Dorian banned by the players, Uppers have no 8 power cards left.
88/307
TnT PhoenixW - Imperator - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 02:28

Yup,Uppers are going down in a very slippery hill...Uppers fans aren't going to like this.
They better take action quickly or madness will break loose! (just kidding >_>
89/307
GWNDemonFangs - Master - Great White North English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 03:15

Well, here is what I think about this new update:

Hawk: Hawk is a pretty tough card with a natural 8/6 with stop power + 8 attack, a real POWER HOUSE, same stats as Jackie but with one more star. It can cut your opponent life point in two very easily. Can be replaces by Havok and Copper, but these cards are REALLY less reliable. No real big loss here

Marco: A 5/7 with Support: +1 Power, support: +3 attack, an other power house, 21 attack no pillz, this card can create a big hole in your opponent team. SOA kills him... Can be easily replaced by Sledg, who is a lot more reliable. Same as Hawk, no big loss.

Kolos: The heavy hitter 7/4 + 6 dmg, stop bonus. This card can one shot with fury. The best 5 stars of the Nightmare, but he can be replaced by Nistarok. Relative loss, but nightmares are still alive (wow, I did a bad joke there >.>

Ratanah: 8/5 -4 attack min.4, stop power. Stop power, maximum power, attack manipulation, 5 damage and only 4 stars? BIG loss for the Roots,but they still have Shakra.

Zatman: Zatman... "The Wall" 8/4 -4 attack min. 1, -10 attack min. 3, The Uppers will miss Zatman, really badly...

In my opinion, only Ratanah and Hawk were really too powerful, the others could be easily passed by. What is sad, is that a lot of other cards will now be open to be kicked out of ELO because those one are gone. Good bye Striker, good bye Shakra, Dorian, Caelus... good bye Smokey, the only common ever banned from ELO! Now no think, just hit!
90/307
goodluck1313 - Senior English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 03:16

I disagree i think the ban rocks because most players have to remake there decks lol

« Previous12...67891011...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals