Click here if you forgot your password.

Discover the shop’s theme Decks

Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
115 messages
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46

9 complementary, efficient characters for just 60 creditsWith these 9 characters, you’ll have two different Decks to play with, each made up of 8 cards. The first one, that has 25 stars, can be played in ELO and T1, while the second one with its 28 stars can be played in T2. And of course both these Decks can be played in open mode.And of course you can modify and improve these Decks with your own cards. However, if you’re just starting out in the game, we advise you to wait until you’ve played a few rounds with the Decks before you start making changes to them.
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

41/115
0nly 0n3 (BZ) - Titan - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:32

1) Why not make a mono deck for noobs? They're barely getting the hang of UR. Sometimes mono decks are easier to play with than bi.
2) Why not make now those "uncommon" cards in the theme decks common. Since now EVERYONE can get them in a deck -_- the value for those cards is gonna go down. And FAST. Why wouldn't new players prefer to buy the (now cheap) cards with clintz? Free virtual currency. Than spend real money on them?
3) Advice for the staff: make one new theme deck only. Where all the characters in that deck are from ONE clan. But the ppl won't know what characters or what clan they'll get. Include one rare card. And make it 60. I assure you that might catch more sales from experienced players who are trying to have decks with all the clans AND from noobs who are trying to have mono deck to play with. Since it's all characters from one clan and you cam get at least one rare card. You can make the prize higher. However dice you may not know what clan you'll get. That may be a downside. So the priceight go down. Suggestion, sell it at 60 creds *shrug* see if players comment good bout it.
42/115
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:38

Hmm.. not bad for starters (but still bad if you want to make profit)
I wonder if this would be a success? 60 credits is a lot and you only get around 6K deck

right now 30th of June 2011 price:
cursed beach: 6112
killer energy: 7017
meteoric attack: 6084

I'm wondering about the impact on those cards' price too
most likely price of cards in those pack would be go down

actually, I like the idea of this pack
and also, this might be a good pack to choose for people who wants to spend very little for UR and they can off the ground easier than before
I would imagine it would be hard for new player with limited amount of money to play UR right now
sometimes pack can be pretty harsh, and this pack would give a good option to start the game

btw, I made some presets for new player on how to improve after buying those packs:
BUDGET Meteoric Attack Upgrade
BUDGET Killer Energy Upgrade
BUDGET Cursed Beach Upgrade
43/115
asdf332 - Senior English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:41

I think It's a good Idea, but I think the decks should be cheaper.
I know that the average price of 9 cards is 60 credits, but decks (packs of non-random cards) are (in every other collectible-based game) always cheaper that the ramdom card sets. The main idea is the following:
"We'll give you those cards for a reduced price. Those cards are not really the best cards, but they even fit together and you can play with them straight away, big deal! But if you want to get a greater variety of cards, customize tour decks and get better and rare cards, you'll have to buy random sets of cards, which are slightly more expensive that the deks.
I am a new player (started yesterday) and I would buy every deck, but they are not worth their cost. 50 credits would be in my opinion the ideal price (55 is not round and visually not attractive), but I'm not the one who should say the prize.
44/115
asdf332 - Senior English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:46

Furthermore, I find that the option to buy them at max. level is an unnecessary offer. The progression of the characters and the experience system is a great part of the game and the only way to enjoy it is to buy cards from the shop because they are already on max. level on the market. If you sell characters already on their max. level, the level-up and experience system will get useless. I liked leveling up the characters and distibute the experience, so you will say: "ok, no problemo. Go and buy the decks with no exp." But if I do it, I will feel like if I had lost all the time it took me to level those characters when I could have adquired them at max. ¡experience for the same price!
In my opinion it could be a good oprion to sell the decks at max experience, but not at the same price (55/60 will be ok, suposing the starndard price of the decks changes to 50/55). If it reains at the same price, I fear it will let the character progression system obsolete.
(Please excuse my double-post, had not enough space in one)
45/115
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:56

I think this is a pretty much useless idea for nearly all players.
the choice of cards is weak, the price is high and I don't think the clan combos work that well.

and on top of that you are screwing even more with the market.

back to the drawing-board UR.
46/115
AMIT SHINDE - Hero English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 17:58

Not a single rare card for 60 credit
47/115
XC MrBrooking - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 18:09

Have you considered asking the community for help, perhaps holding contests to build decks within a certain clint range? To me these decks look remarkably poor, especially in the choice of 5 star cards such as Vince.
48/115
XC Manfred 32 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 18:25

28* for T2? lol
49/115
bazo0kajoe - Imperator - Pinoy Locals English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 18:29

Can you get more value for buying 3 classics/new blood? Yes. But can you make a usable deck from those? No.

This is clearly intended for beginners. But if i have a friend new to the game, i would clearly not recommend him/her to buy these themed decks, i would suggest him/her to buy classic/fulldeck/nb instead then sell those cards and make a deck from the profit.
50/115
Ironfist51 - Titan - Blowing Mindz Training English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 18:38

It is a really good idea. Its helpful to starting out players so they can have some example about how to build decks. Once they get more game experience, and more cards then they can start creating their own decks.
Definetly a good idea to have those out there for the newer players.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals