Luck of the draw or Trollgames?

Sunday 22/07/2012, 15:29

So guys this is just a random blurt....

Have any of you ever switched decks to counter something your facing constantly (like i mean 3+ in a row) then suddenly never face that clan ever again???

Eg: I was using my Sakrohm/Frozn deck and ran into hordes of mono as we all know the longer this deck plays against SOA clans the greater the chance at losing....after the 5th Ghiest in a row I decided to switch to Skeelz...shove it back in Ghiests face...

And then Trolololol i hit All Stars and Sentinel, and no Ghiest at all.....I then switch back to my old deck and BOOM Ghiest

Now am I just one unlucky S.O.B or do you guys have similar stories to share?

Monday 23/07/2012, 04:14

Srsly, so many times reading "Ghiest" I don't get it...
And yep, that happend to me lot of times too.

Monday 23/07/2012, 05:11

Heh, I've definitely been in that boat.

I think if you play pseudo-competitively on a weekly basis, it's bound to happen sooner or later, though. And, to be fair, Skeelz often eats it vs attack manip clans, and they are not rare. What I usually see near the top is either some kind of attack manip (Rescue, Sentinel) or Something With All Stars (tm) or Something With SoA/Mono SoA (tm.) Oddly enough, I've barely seen Kalindra this week, but back to the topic at hand...

What's more, frustrated players tend to switch decks more often. If there's a lot of SoA running around, they are probably running into each other a lot, too. It's entirely possible that a few people got fed up with playing 50/50 games at about the same time that you did, switched decks, and lo and behold, you're fighting tons of attack manip where there was SoA before.

Monday 23/07/2012, 16:39

Happend to me many times

Saturday 28/07/2012, 05:24

It happens, but those who don't experience it probably aren't complaining, which is why you see more of this than anyone else bothers to complain about. :bored:

Saturday 28/07/2012, 15:07

4 GHEIST in row.. :x:x

Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:23

I decided to try a Roots half-deck yesterday and ran into Karen *3* times in a row...
So not only did I run into 3 opponents using at least half-All Stars, and using Karen, but I was so unlucky that they drew her *each time.*

Just a streak of very unlikely bad luck. :-d

Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:50

What room and deck format are you using? I rarely see GHEIST

Reply to this subject