Luck of the draw or Trollgames?
Sunday 22/07/2012, 15:29
wats_happenin - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Luck of the draw or Trollgames?
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Sunday 22/07/2012, 15:29

So guys this is just a random blurt....

Have any of you ever switched decks to counter something your facing constantly (like i mean 3+ in a row) then suddenly never face that clan ever again???

Eg: I was using my Sakrohm/Frozn deck and ran into hordes of mono Ghiest....now as we all know the longer this deck plays against SOA clans the greater the chance at losing....after the 5th Ghiest in a row I decided to switch to Skeelz...shove it back in Ghiests face...

And then Trolololol i hit All Stars and Sentinel, and no Ghiest at all.....I then switch back to my old deck and BOOM Ghiest

Now am I just one unlucky S.O.B or do you guys have similar stories to share?

2/8
LightningLion - Master English
Monday 23/07/2012, 04:14

Y U NO SAY GHEIST?
Srsly, so many times reading "Ghiest" I don't get it...
And yep, that happend to me lot of times too.
3/8
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 23/07/2012, 05:11

Heh, I've definitely been in that boat.

I think if you play pseudo-competitively on a weekly basis, it's bound to happen sooner or later, though. And, to be fair, Skeelz often eats it vs attack manip clans, and they are not rare. What I usually see near the top is either some kind of attack manip (Rescue, Sentinel) or Something With All Stars (tm) or Something With SoA/Mono SoA (tm.) Oddly enough, I've barely seen Kalindra this week, but back to the topic at hand...

What's more, frustrated players tend to switch decks more often. If there's a lot of SoA running around, they are probably running into each other a lot, too. It's entirely possible that a few people got fed up with playing 50/50 games at about the same time that you did, switched decks, and lo and behold, you're fighting tons of attack manip where there was SoA before.
4/8
BA_Hydro - Titan - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Monday 23/07/2012, 16:39

Happend to me many times
5/8
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 05:24

It happens, but those who don't experience it probably aren't complaining, which is why you see more of this than anyone else bothers to complain about.
6/8
5ar G - Guru English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 15:07

4 GHEIST in row..
7/8
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:23

I decided to try a Roots half-deck yesterday and ran into Karen *3* times in a row...
So not only did I run into 3 opponents using at least half-All Stars, and using Karen, but I was so unlucky that they drew her *each time.*

Just a streak of very unlikely bad luck.
8/8
UR_Chaos - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:50

What room and deck format are you using? I rarely see GHEIST

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals