Freaks/bezerk for this week
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 14:23
Z4KALW3 - Guru

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
Freaks/bezerk for this week
Z4KALW3 - Guru - Tuesday 11/06/2013, 14:23

Bleed Out

Konrad's minimum can take him lower than Freaks. Could use that to play some powerful mind games.

Vs SOB clans: High Power, defeat life, DR, SOA ability, -power, two chances to poison with Konrad and Shazam.
Vs SOB clans: High power, very threatening bonuses.

Rates and comments very appreciated. Will do the same for you if you link me to a preset!

Cheers!
« Previous12Next »

2/12
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 15:40

I think you have a typo there, probably meant Vs SoA clans. This probably isn't the best deck to counter SoB reliably this week, considering how you have absolutely 0 damage aside from drawing Shazam or Konrad, and then you are forced into a predictable dilemma of trying to get them in early. Poisons don't overlap as well iirc, so using Konrad's poison after a Freaks' poison will only diminish its effect (unless played late).
3/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 17:33

Yes, the second example should read SOA.

"Absolutely 0 damage" is a little short sighted. For a start, Elo isn't about KOs alone.

Versus Nightmare:
Glorg - I have five 8 power cards.
Oshitsune - two SOA 8 power, one protected 8 power, two more 8 power go pill for pill with less stars.
Pan - two SOA 8 power halve his threat, Olga turns him into a 5 power, Lola halves his threat.
Two DRs
Etc...

It's not always about scoring the most damage, but turning off the Opp's ability to score it themselves.

This deck is built to be a threat all round, and to handle itself even if SOB gets in the way. If hitting you with high damage is going to be expensive, then you won't need to hit them back very hard.

Again, it handles itself versus some of pirana's more annoying cards by turning off abilities, reducing damage/ defeat life, having 8 power, the threat of poison regardless of sob, etc...

And poison doesn't stack, that's not the point. The point is poison is a strong threat. Draw Konrad with two Freaks and your opponent is going to be unsure which one to defend against. It also makes two slightly sneaky two hit KO opportunities versus non-stop clans:

Konrad in round 1 or 2 then Elvis unobstructed = win
Bogdan in round 1 then Konrad in round 2 unobstructed = win

Predictable? All two hits are, that's not the point. The threat they generate can throw your opp and force them to go on the defensive.

And as this deck gives two opportunities to poison even if sob shuts down bonuses.
4/12
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 19:08

I see you've gone into dual poison as well

Very good deck, you have the top cards from either clan, so there's really nothing to criticise about, just be careful against SoB because they do take away your damage potential and in 2-round wins stand a chance to out-damage you.
5/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 19:16

Cheers amber!

Tried it out, three games. One mono pirana, one mono Nightmare + one half. Won both mono, lost the half with a 50/50.

Going to test it some more this evening.
6/12
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 23:46

Deck looks decent, one small handicap is the lack of SoB, which is handy any week that the meta is a bit unsettled. 3-1 draws with no SoB may occasionally leave you with awkward hands. I'm not super-crazy about Quasichoco in a deck with no round-winning bonus, either. He will end up in the predictable role of DR 9 games out of 10. Consider swapping him to Wonald, and upgrading Melanie to the 3* of your choice, probably Roger.
7/12
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 12/06/2013, 09:00

I'm not saying that you should be aiming for KOs, and I don't see the connection honestly in justifying low damage by saying ELO rarely features KOs. Low damage means you can't gap, and an opponent's Selma, Bloodh or Oshitsune will cancel out two-three rounds worth of damage from your hand, especially with a killer DR like Artus. Two opportunities, assuming you actually draw these cards. And then they are in the same whole I mentioned earlier, you basically lose if you did not get these cards through or your opponent calls your bluff.

I understand you can mitigate that damage differential by blocking, but to be honest it's unrealistic. Any deck with SoA/SoB and a DR (which is most decks nowadays) can claim to the same thing, but are much better due to, again, damage.

Your two scenarios are very unlikely and fanciful to say the least. You have to predict your opponents' pillz perfectly in round 1 and hope they don't have any cards that beat Elvis pill for pill. Also, it is not always an "auto-win" in how you paint it. They could have higher damage or a two-round KO to beat you.

On paper it seems good, but I wouldn't use it personally.
8/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 12/06/2013, 09:28

A few things:

Firstly, you're basing your entire argument on "Sob kills this so it isn't very good". SoB is popula this week, but not /that/ popular. The entire point if this deck is that it's a strong threat versus everything, and when it's shut down by SOB it still has a fighting chance.

And I'm not sure why you think it's as simple as a card like Oshitsune hits and "it's over". Too many variables: how expensive was the pill, which other cards are left in the draw, etc...

The Ko situation: It's not supposed to be an auto win, it's supposed tone a threat that your opp is aware if that puts then on the defensive. You can use that kind of threat to help manipulate your win. It has come up a few times, and I've managed to calm the Opp's moves. I've hit with the KO twice too. It's not a highlight of the deck, just an aspect of the synergy.

I've tried this versus six sob monos so far, five Piranas, beat them all using the tactics described. Out of the 12 or so games I played with his last night, I won 6, timed out of two wins due to my mobile connection dropping, and lost two sure wins due to stupid miscalculations on my part. The deck works.

Again, your entire argument is "there is no damage". There is a LOT of damage, not everything is sob. And when sob hits the hight power and abilities help deal with the way those cards
9/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 12/06/2013, 09:29

With the way those cards are balanced*
10/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 12/06/2013, 11:00

I meant five Nightmare.

Just played a few more games, won five lost 2. One loss was a 50/50, the other a straight frack up on my part. The wins, funnily enough, were:

Mono Piranas x2
Mono Nightmare
Half Nightmare/Montana
La Junta with one Freaks

It works.

I've not managed to get back into the game properly since my break. For some reason I keep second guessing myself , going against my gut, and losing when I read the opp right the first time. Miscalculations and drop outs on mobile don't help. I'd like to see what a more consistent player could do with this.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals