Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: General

You think you've built the ultimate Deck? You believe you've got great strategy ideas? Share those ideas with your rivals.
13684 subjects - 145118 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...654655656657658659...684685Next »       search the message board

Saturday 11/08/07

13 messages
English Drain WMD - last answer from 6SimS-Sven, Saturday 11/08/2007, 07:37.
Cards like Sigmund maybe Berserkgirl and the rest. How about the rares like Kiki Cr and the best uncommon in my opinion General Cr.
8 messages
English Malshun - last answer from Seetan Fox, Saturday 11/08/2007, 01:33.
I'm thinking the Bangers need some cards with abilities as they are severely lacking in that category. Also, the All Stars are looking a bit light as is the Nightmare clan.
Friday 10/08/07

21 messages
English Mindless Mind - last answer from AgentScarecrow, Friday 10/08/2007, 16:02.
Hey guys, can you write here, how many battles you make in tourney? I did 22 in the last one, got 430 points and went 11th, what is kinda success for me being Guru lvl 28.

Furthermore, there were these 6 EVO guys in top 10, that use this little "cheating" way of scoring in tourney...
Thursday 09/08/07

7 messages
English esgfs - last answer from Gryazzie, Thursday 09/08/2007, 10:49.
Are Montana a good clan to use , i have all their 'best' cards Don,vickie,Rosa
but the power doesn't seem high enough , i use Uppers and i wanted a similar clan and montanas seem the closest so would a Montana and Uppers deck work despite low power and lack of stop opponnet ability
Wednesday 08/08/07

3 messages
English Mindless Mind - last answer from 0-Jade, Wednesday 08/08/2007, 18:54.
Hey guys,

do you think, it would be good to have in playr's profile the market value of the deck? let's say calculated on the average prices of the cards. The size of the deck is not that relevant I think.

M!ndle$$ M!nd
9 messages
English Malshun - last answer from StormWhisper, Wednesday 08/08/2007, 18:38.
Ability or Bonus. For example you have a person with the ability Stop Bonus and another person with the bonus Stop Ability which plays first?
9 messages
English ZEPPELlN - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Wednesday 08/08/2007, 17:52.
For Example, a Hikiyousan , with bonus, no pillz, fights a Tanaereva , with bonus, no pillz.

so ,its 10 vs 10....

THE PLACE IS THE DANGER ZONE....

so my question is, how do you calcuulate the winner betwen a fight with the same attack cards?
12 messages
English tiko_1EVO - last answer from -Falchion-, Wednesday 08/08/2007, 10:17.
I would like to think I have a good deck but I have never come close to the type of battle points that the top 10 or top 75 players get. I have tried to battle with lower level cards, higher level cards and a mixture of both. Randomness always seems to play into the mix and fluke wins/losses change battle point results. Also, I noticed that after I finished 1 battle, the Leader already had close to 60 battle points only 3-5 minutes into the tournament... how are they able to play so quickly or point so high?
Tuesday 07/08/07

2 messages
English Oldrepublican - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Tuesday 07/08/2007, 19:08.
I have alot of cards for the Nightmare, junta, all star, and banger clans

but i dont know which will work best together so id appreciate yur input and advice
5 messages
English Malshun - last answer from Darko EVO, Tuesday 07/08/2007, 04:29.
Or has the randomness in the Dark Corners rooms gotten out of hand. More often than not (and especially today) I've seen the most lopsided of battles go the way over matched card. And we are talking about a card with a power 8 and 5 pillz going down to a card with power 5 and 4 pillz and neither card having any bonus or ability that affects the power or attack value of the opponents card. I don't understand the need for randomness when this is basically a card battle game and i don't know of any card battle game where randomness comes into play. Why not just have the random factor only in the Lost Warehouse where it doesn't really count toward much of anything.
Monday 06/08/07

11 messages
English Mindless Mind - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Monday 06/08/2007, 15:52.
I still don't get it with this Amber ability Courage 3. Does it mean, that it applies:
a) every time in the first round of the battle, no matter if your character starts the round or s/he is second,
b) to any of your characters who opens particular battle round (it means twice in battle)
c) only in first round and only if your character starts the battle (it would be strange then, since in some battles you wouldn't have any advantage of your Leader)

Please, tell me, how it is...

Thanks,

Mindless Mind
Sunday 05/08/07

14 messages
English Deceit - last answer from 0-Jade, Sunday 05/08/2007, 16:50.
So I have played for a few day's and noticed most of the time people in first place in the tournies are below lvl 10? Ummm somethings not right there, its probably cause the noobie room lags the least. I just dont get it, I have a decent deck, all my cards are between lvls 2-4 i win every match....but the person in number always seems to have twice as many points as me. Anyone know how the heck they finish matches so fast? Like I said all I can think of is the noobie room lags less.....im just power lvling to 20 to play the real tourney EVO!
Saturday 04/08/07

4 messages
English madden_guru93 - last answer from 0-Jade, Saturday 04/08/2007, 18:11.
I am very new 2 urban rivals and i was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to win tournaments? and how to maintain a overall good deck
12 messages
English AgentScarecrow - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Saturday 04/08/2007, 00:11.
I started playing this game very recently, just a few weeks ago.

I was immediately was drawn to the Freaks: the theme and character arts are appealing!
(as opposed to Uppers - who wants to throw 50 year old rich New Yorkers in the melee?)
I modestly built a Freak deck although I am missing Splata and Eve.

After having played for a while with the Freaks, I come up to this conclusion: Freaks are weak:

1- the big advantage of using a clan is to benefit from the clan's bonus. Yet, the Freaks bonus (poison) is
useless. You need to win a bout for it to take effect, it takes time to make a difference and it stops at
life=3... which is useless cuz at a certain level, you deal with damage=6-7-8 cards, so it's not like you can
win 4-3. Every fight involves a KO.

2- the Freaks (except for Splata -and it's a 5*!!, do I miss another one?) don't have killer cards i.e. a card that
doesn't rely on massive pillz usage to win a round AND that deliver substancial damage. Freaks lack power (so
you deplete all of your pillz) AND lack damage (cards are below 6, which means that you need 3 wins for KO).
Perfect example of non-killer card is Boris. Other clans provide killer cards.

3- Correct me if I am wrong but the Freaks don't have a card with "Stop Opp Ability". (they also lack +x life, but
that's a dream card, right? the "Stop Opp Ab." is basic and more essential)

So, playing with the Freaks is still fun but challenging because you need strategy to palliate the blatant
weaknesses.
Friday 03/08/07

9 messages
English ZEPPELlN - last answer from Zhupons, Friday 03/08/2007, 20:58.
Ulu Watu / Uppers

Ulu Watu / All Stars

Uppers / All Stars

Note: this isn't for ELO.
I have no All Stars YET......
pls tell me which deck is better...
7 messages
English Psycho Turtle - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Friday 03/08/2007, 00:47.
What is strike back? I can't figure it out.
Thursday 02/08/07

12 messages
Português Darko EVO - last answer from 0-Jade, Thursday 02/08/2007, 18:44.
To use in ELO, wich one of these you consider better ?
(and if you can say th reason too, i would appreciate)

Lewis or Amelia ? (All Stars)

Miss Twice or XU52 ?(GHEIST)
Wednesday 01/08/07

5 messages
English OnlineHelper - last answer from OnlineHelper, Wednesday 01/08/2007, 16:09.
Is this the order wich determins wich poison affects u if your poisoned twice?
1.The one with the lower min.
2.If they have the same min then the one with the more damage per round
3.If they have the same damage and min then the one that poisoned u first.

« Previous12...654655656657658659...684685Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals