Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: General

You think you've built the ultimate Deck? You believe you've got great strategy ideas? Share those ideas with your rivals.
13731 subjects - 146754 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...667668669670671672...686687Next »       search the message board

Thursday 26/04/07

22 messages
English Bloodmoor - subject is closed
Ok...I'll gripe yet again about the random thing.Too many times it has most likely cost me a place in the top 10 at least.How's this one.....His: Meyen Str 7,no ability ,Stop Ab bonus (irrelevent) 3 pills played.Me: Graxmxxt Str 8 ,minus 5 attack bonus,Plus 6 attack Leader and 4 pills played.....I lose the round and ultimately the game.
Tell me this is a fair thing even considering the random factor.How in the world can a person have a strategy against these kind of heart-breakers?
4 messages
English status-x - subject is closed
How do you play your pillz? i have no idea how to beat ppls : /
Tuesday 24/04/07

14 messages
Română DANYez - subject is closed
I need some good decks for elo,Here are all my cards I got.
All Stars:i`ve got all
Bangers:Bodenpower,chikko,Fifty,Jenny,Juicy Lord,Laetitia,MC Decay,Meroo,Platoona,Saddy,Syd Noze,Tunned,vermin n
Fang Pi Clang:elya,Endo,Kati,Kinjo,Lihoi Chun,marlysa,Mini Mosu, Natrang,Otome,sais an,Tatane,Windy Mor,Xia Leming
GHEIST:Brutox,Meyen,miss twice,selsya,Vladimir,Vryer
Junkz:Berserkgirl,Flyer,Kawan,Perle,veenyle
La Junta:amiral py,Bruce ,Bryan,Diego,jane ramba,Myke,Niki,No Nam,Python,Wardog
Leaders:Ashigaru,Timber,Vansaar
Montana:angelinaflesh pimp,Giovanni,Lino Borsa,ricardorosa,Simon
Nightmare:ambrose,dwain,Kenny,ombre,thaumaturge,
Pussycats:Alice,Ninja Nyne,noon stevens,sakura,Tania
Roots:atuaolpet,beltran,Mathew,nahi,Ogoun Kyu,page,Ratanah,sunny goat
Sakorhm:A Award Cr,Caciope,grastroboy,Globumm,gragsmxxt,Halley,igstrha,Phonos,Reine Cr,skurmxxt,Uranus
Sentinels:Dragan Cr,Klaus,Luis,Miss Chloe,Skullface Cr
Ulu Watu :chad bread,Coraille,Hikiyousan,Jeff,Joao,Nanook
Uppers:Bob Joby,eliott,frankye hi,jim,Maeva,Zatman
7 messages
English Malcomphnxevo - subject is closed
It looks like the game code was recently updated. Among the changes there's a quick flash effect when a card dies and it then goes gray. I don't know if this has happened to other people, but there appears to be a bug when the flash happens that locks the game up. If that happens to you, reload the browser and resync your game quickly. I wound up losing two matches to time outs today before I realized what was happening.
Monday 23/04/07

1 message
English Daemonfire - subject is closed
Well, I just started more or less, and I am certainly not of enough level to play ELO, but I am thinking about doing so when I get there and trying to look ahead. Since I don't have a lot of money to pour into this game or anything like that, I just wanted to plan out a little bit. I know that part of the fun of the game is finding out the abilities of cards after getting them and leveling them up to the right level, but I was wondering if there was some place to find out which characters had what abilities so I don't squander money on a card that I won't use. I also don't see all the characters playing in the safe zone, so yes, just wondering if anyone could be of help.

First of all, I was wondering about Ruby or Zatman. I began with a few Uppers and I hear that they are good anyway. Then maybe Dwaine Mojo and Sheitane from Nightmare and perhaps Nahi from Roots.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, just trying to look ahead. If anyone knows these off the top of their heads, though, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we can just compile a list of all of the abilities here, unless there is one already - if some people want to save the surprise, they can just avoid the thread. Thanks in advance!
5 messages
English impysin - subject is closed
Okay assume both cards have clan bonuses activated if nahi of Roots stop bonus for ability and stop ability for a bonus plays against Kenny +2 life for ability and stop bonus for bonus, which comes first would kenny keep his ability due to his bonus, would it depend on who plays first?
1 message
Seems a few Uppers players took exception to my earlier claims.....my fight-rate has increased dramatically.I think I have vindicated my claim though with around an 85% success-rate.Only 2 KO's in about 60 games too.
I have been beaten for sure....but I think you'll agree this is a good return.
11 messages
Uppers can easily be frustrated with a Sacrohm deck.If you are not adverse to using doubles...Grax and Uranus are perfect.If not...use Pussycats to support.
21 messages
English Progenitor - subject is closed
I know the mods and admins prolly wouldn't advocate this, but how I long for a way to spread around the names of pple who intentionally play evo badly. By badly I dun mean mere winning with high lvl cards in a non- HAN or lost warehouse environment, that is perfectly understandable, but sheer abysmal play.

Take for example( I won't mention names, at least not yet ), I played some guy who defended against my low power card using a card with a clan atk bonus, this wasn't on the later rounds but the very first one where he had cards that had equal star count etc except with less atk to choose from for defending. I dun mind the fact that he didn't let me win an equal 2 rounds after that to show it was not done on purpose, but even after winning with 3 cards, he furied on the 3rd card on the last round to make sure he wins me instead of a draw.

I can't stand when pple fury in evo, esp if it was done on the last round when the opponent has no pills left. If fury is intended in evo both parties would do it, which beats the purpose. It's just low when a player furies on the last round after the opponent didn't and now cant do anything about it. That is usually where I draw the line and make a note of the player, for I dun believe anything justifies a fury , esp a last round fury for a win.

All in all I suggest a way to compile a list of atrocious evo players with valid reasons and descriptions included to deter these pple and to show that pple do play attention to bad players.
6 messages
English coldsteel - subject is closed
OK, so.

I play out Nympheea level 3 first. She's Power 2, increased by 3 to 5 due to being played first, then +2 more Power because I have another Ulu Watu on the board. SO, she's starting Power 7, right? Then 4 Pillz boost her to Attack 35, right? So, how in the ninth circle of H3LL did I lose in Dark Corners to a Z-Drone with 3 Pillz and Power 5; a total Attack of 28!???
Sunday 22/04/07

8 messages
English ReadTheRules - subject is closed
What 8 cards from 1 clan are best for regular mode?
with no doubles and no star limit what single clan deck would be the best?

heres one for Junkz-
Veenyle
Perle
Otakool
Malmoth
Keanew
Kawan
Berserkgirl
Flyer (or maybe Crystal)
17 messages
English trichan - subject is closed
TO BE A GOOD PLAYER YOU WILL NEED A VERY GOOD, STRATEGY DECK BUT WHICH ONE IS IT. IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU MANAGE YOUR DECK BUT I WOULD PREFER TO PUT NO MORE THAN 8 CARDS IN MY DECK BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE MORE CHANCES OF GETTING YOUR POWERFUL CARDS. NEVER BUY CARDS YOU DON'T NEED BUT BE PATIENCE AND COLLECT CLINTZ AND BUY A POWERFUL CARD FOR YOUR DECK.
I PERSONALLY THINK THAT COMBINING TWO CLANS IN A DECK IS MUCH BETTER THAN A RANDOM DECK. FOR EXAMPLE; 4 NIGHTMARES AND 4Roots ARE A VERY GOOD COMBINATION FOR A GOOD DECK.
BUT FOR ADVANCE PLAYERS IT'S BETTER TO INCLUDE 1 Leader IN YOUR DECK BUT MAKE ONLY 8 CARDS IN YOUR DECK IN TOTAL.
NEVER COMBINE TWO CLANS LIKE GHEIST AND Roots IN YOUR DECK BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK VERY WELL; IT WON'T BE VERY POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GET A VICTORY IN YOUR BATTLE. THE REASON I AM SAYING THIS IS BECAUSE THE Roots AND THE GHEIST HAVE SAME BONUS (STOP OPP ABILITY) BUT IF YOU HAVE Nightmare AND Roots IN YOUR DECK THEN IT WILL BE VERY POWERFUL BECAUSE Roots HAVE (STOP OPP ABILITY) AND Nightmare HAVE (STOP OPP BONUS) IN THEIR BONUS; TAT'S WHY IT'S BETTER TO COMBINE 2 CLANS BUT MAKE 8 CARDS IN YOUR DECK.
THEIR ARE MANY OTHER WAYS OF COMBINING CLANS OR MAKING YOUR DECK WITH SAME CLAN.
IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS THEN PLZZ LEAVE IT HERE.
11 messages
English impysin - subject is closed
Maybe it is only me but i think randomness should be removed in elo mode it really sucks when you have a great deck and strategy the battle locked up and lose because of randomness expecially in a mode where you are trying to find the best player. The randomness takes away the skill factor and replaces it with luck. Just an example i had a Kenny with bonus and 6 pillz against a Oryon with 1 pill and lose. 36 to 1 attack and i lost ????
I know there is a room where the randomness is disabled but there is no one there so if anyone else feels this way meet me there.
15 messages
English 00-motorhead - subject is closed
Can somebody tell me what all the Leaders effects are? Thanks.
19 messages
English Margyanni - subject is closed
I dont understand why any fully evolved cards are allowed to be used while playing in the lost warehouse. To me if they posted next to the name of the room, that your not allowed to use fully evolved cards in that room, it would solve most of the problems everyone keeps bringing up in both EVO and HAN style play as well as any other "style play " people use.
theres all kinds of rooms for different levels, and a room where randomness is disabled, so why not just make lost warehouse for UN-Evolved cards played in EVO or HAN style play only and make it a rule there are no maxed cards allowed in that room and post it next to the name of the room so people can see it when they choose what room to play in.
Maybe evn make it the next poll for people to vote on
Just a thought.

MargyAnni
1 message
English 0MSG - subject is closed
Hi, can someone tell me
1. what the best deck to be paired along with Junks deck? I was thinking using Junks/Roots..since so far I already got Crystal, Brandon, Kawan, Keanew, Veenyle, Beltran, Yookie
2. what's the ability does this card have (if they do have one)? I was thinking of saving c to buy them..
Malmoth
Berserkergirl
Otakool
all Roots card that got ability except one I got
Saturday 21/04/07

44 messages
English StormWhisper - subject is closed
The proper Method of EVOing has been apparently under debate for some time. So I am going to spell it out for you again. Tournament EVO is a different animal and I'm not going to bother discussing it. This is the proper method of EVO in the Lost Warehouse as per the old established EVO rules.

1) On your turn in which you play a card first. Select one of your characters. Use 6 pillz. It is ok to use less or more if the character has an exceptionally low or high power, as long as you use the rest only to modify the power of your character. Fury is NEVER appropriate in EVO mode.

2) On your opponents turn. Send up a character, which you don't plan to level. The more stars the better, but this is not necessary if you're trying to level your 5 star character clearly you don't want to send them up. Any maxxed out characters should be used in these slots as long as your opponent can reasonably defeat them.

(More)
4 messages
English jamescoombs - subject is closed
What on earth is the Lost Warehouse meant for? Am I the only one who plays the games as per the sticky in this forum?

Had about 12 games so far. Had some (four letter word, starts with c, ends with t) just steamroller me.
6 messages
English Bjael - subject is closed
Hey there, I hope you could help me maiking the best elo deck of Fang Pi Clang/Nightmare. I got full collection in both clans so i just need to know the best deck
Friday 20/04/07

4 messages
English haworth17 - subject is closed
This is my current elo deck tell me what you think of it and if it needs improvement.

Bangers:
Vermyn N
Graff
Saddy
Juicy Lord

allstars:
Marina
Striker
Flo

dont know if i wanna use Dan or levis, please selct one.

« Previous12...667668669670671672...686687Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals