Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3849 subjects - 23471 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...135136137138139140...192193Next »       search the message board

Sunday 13/02/11

1 message
After a comeback and adjusting to new things in UR, messing with decks I found a nice one for myself. First two weeks I was barely passing 1200, now I made 1300 just trying out this deck. Next week I'm back in fighting for 1400.
Rate!
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1745430
Saturday 12/02/11

1 message
A Piranas and Junkz deck, mainly focusing on pillz manipulation. Raeth and Gibson works very well when both players have very few pillz due to pillz reduction and Jiro is a perfect follow up to right after a pillz manipulator. Here it is:

Piranas & Junkz Destroys Pillz

(The link is a bit strange, but click on the word Piranas.)

Please rate and comment! Thanks!
3 messages
Português iGodless - last answer from swagmaster420, Saturday 12/02/2011, 16:47.
This is getting to annoying,
How to win in elo:
Make a Freak + Pussycats deck
Poison in the first turn with any Freaks with at least 5 damage
reduce the rest of the incoming damage with Pussycats
this will reduce the incoming damage by 4 in 2 turns, as in return, they will take 2 damage ea turn
and since its now hard to 2HKO in elo now, Freaks are so powerful...

you play ether Piranas/Nightmare or pray you have at least 1 bonus blocker to give to death
3 messages
English I Am Pain - last answer from I Am Pain, Saturday 12/02/2011, 14:52.
I have been trying and trying all week to perfect this deck.
I'm really fearing this weeks elo ban tho..

I've got this so far tho!
-------------------------------> http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1750117

Bonnie Ld

Dalhia

Hawkins

Tyd

Eris

Murray

Uranus

Wakai
1 message
Hi guys.. just want to share my deck
Weird Students

rate and comment please
13 messages
English Mapoko - last answer from iGodless, Saturday 12/02/2011, 12:58.
As we know La Junta mostly counts on winning 2 rounds and KO. But now with the 15 life its going to be hell. At least Fang Pi have few cards with good enough damage that even if you win 1 round you can still beat low dmg teams.
So ... what do you think ?

P.S. Dont go for "go for another deck" or "combine". Its just hypotetical queston.
1 message
English Saveroftime - subject is closed
I never played Elo in my life. i was thinking that i should starts playing Elo.
But how many times i want to make an elo deck ; i can't . my all 28 caracters are 4 and 5 starts.

do you want to give me some idea for an Fang Pi Clang and All Stars Elo deck. (please )
14 messages
English I Am Pain - last answer from I Am Pain, Saturday 12/02/2011, 04:49.
This is what I have been using lately.

Bonnie Ld

Raeth

Tula

Tyd

Murray

Ngrath

SkrumxxT

Uranus

And its been working so far..but I want to know if you have any suggestions for making it better.

Please comment and help
Friday 11/02/11

43 messages
English SkilledWill - last answer from ibtd, Friday 11/02/2011, 19:55.
Personnaly i dont have alot of Clintz. This means that i genrally have to play Elo to survive, because i cant win against High-powered elo banned cards, and cant afford them to use for myself.

My main problem now though is Piranas. I personnaly liked playing attack manipulating decks such as Uppers and All Stars because i could get a strong deck for only 8000 clints or less. But now it seems like half of the people i play have pirana decks! Their ability is devastating! Imo it destroys Montana, Uppers most All Star, Sakrohm, Bangers and Ulu-Watu and Rescue. Junks and Sentinel are hindered drastically too! No healing for Jungo, no poisen for Freaks! Fang Pi Clang and La Junta can say goodbye to their damage bonus. Roots and GHIEST loose there stop ability and Vortex and Pussy Cats have no bonus to fall back on when they die.
THATS ALL THE CLANS?!?!

This would be understandable if Piranas characters wernt so powerful themselves, and sure they have very few 8 power BUT!!! They have pill manipulation!! Pill manipulation is a super-strong but risky form of attack manipulation. Hawkins Noel (2 star) 7 power with +2 pillz, provided you win is like +14 attack?!! And Scrubb in a mono deck is like +24 attack?!?!?!??!?!?!?

DOES THIS CLAN HAVE ANY WEAKNESS? If they do please let me know, if someone can suggest a deck to counter them for under 10k clintz I would be very gratefull. Thanks for reading
8 messages
English GustoNL - last answer from GustoNL, Friday 11/02/2011, 14:11.
Hi Guys & Gals,

I’ve been a mono La Junta player for a while now and with the new ELO 15 life thing I’m thinking of making a new deck with my Geist/Vortex cards.

I’m trying out a different approach: creating big live gaps with these two clans, I like being non-predictable .
This is my first setup:

- Dr Saw
- Arkn
- Wurmhol
- Methane

- C Wing
- Cyb Lhia
- Dagg
- Oflgn

Thinking about this setup (5-444-2222) because GHEIST en Vortex have great 2*, and it's fun to pill with these 2 stars, so you're not so predictable

Dr.Saw (very underestimated) and Oflgn create the the Gaps (max +12 & +14). The 2* poison to extend the gaps and two deadly 4* for support (Methane & Dagg).

No DR’s in this deck so these could be some possible changes:
- Methane & Arkn > Bristone & Dolly (or even Leviatonn)
- C Wing > Neloe

I would love some help with this deck, Thanks in advance!
1 message
It's a Freaks deck with Spiaghi for the new 15life.

Please let me know if there's a better way to do this. Ty

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1748604
5 messages
English Just Pro - last answer from ibtd, Friday 11/02/2011, 08:59.
Hello there! I wonder if anyone would consider giving me some tip on a good ELO deck.
Right now I consider building one with the following:

All Star
Kang 3*
Randy 3*
El Gringo 5*
Dan or Bhudd 3*
Tot: 14*

Rescue
Pam 3*
Lea 2*
Bobby 3*
Slyde 3*
Tannner 3*
Elvira 3*
Anita 3*
Tot: 11* (hopefully)

As you can see a Allstar/Rescue dual-deck. I'm not sure about wich Rescue to use. Later it will perhaps become a mono Rescue deck.

Any advice would be appreciated!
8 messages
English sirseamus - last answer from zorro1337, Friday 11/02/2011, 01:32.
What are some good 2* DR cards? I know of Neloe and of course anyone in the Pussycats but what are some others?
1 message
The fang pi half deck i use is 13* consisting of Kuei Fei Marlysa Cr and Chan . I want to know whats a good clan to pair them up with do i go for DR or 2 hit ko potential for example. I know in the 15 life elo 2 hit ko is a no no but I will use the deck for T1/survivor elo aswell so it's deffinately there to consider. Looking for any useful tips/advice from elo players who've managed to do well with fang pi in the past. Thanks guys
26 messages
English Pachenkov - last answer from E10din, Friday 11/02/2011, 00:07.
With all the new changes and blaaster and Shann being banned.

Bangers cant have a decent deck for elo. most staple cards now have 8 power or power reduction abilities. Bangers hardly able to maintain the power gap. staff, please review this matter. power +2 is useless now. you should never create power more than 7. its not fair. for example, Puff with sob, 9, wtf
Thursday 10/02/11

11 messages
English (UP)Mad-Salt - last answer from ibtd, Thursday 10/02/2011, 23:29.
Deck so far ( not got credits for dahlia yet, may sell Jungo deck to do it )

Hawkins Noel - 2* - pill manip
Trey - 2* - pill manip
Yula - 2* - power manip
Ulrich - 3* - DR
Talijon - 3* - support beast
Kirstin - 4* - wall/ cond stop
Raeth - 4* - attack manip
Sliman - 5* - not enough creds for dahlia/Bloodh/Ahkab

also available for use

Puff - 2*
Spycee - 2*
Cyan - 3*
Ector - 3*
Tyd - 3*
Wheeler - 3*

know i need a few more of the staples. any 2c appreciated for what to buy next, basically may be dumping a full Jungo collection so fair amount of creds available idf needed
10 messages
English TheKingofSquid - last answer from Marekius, Thursday 10/02/2011, 13:13.
This new ELO mode its quite unbalanced. In the hope to make powerful the Freaks and the Pussycats now we have a game where only poison and life gain count cause no more KO is possible. An easy and cheap Sakrom/pussycat can just win outright every fight, and that's unfair. Not that I liked the KO strategy much, but now we have reached the opposite.

I just think that its not changing the game that cards and clans that suck will become useful, cause many will become useless in spite of them. Now Lin Xia and Vince have a use, but how many cards will not be seen again?

Last thing: its useless a double ban in ELO. Or we ban or the staff ban, cause the two ban together can just create a "non usable" clan every week, as has happened many times. People should vote and Staff decide: better.

Then one question: but the people in the staff hates so much the GHEIST, its 4 months I can't use them...?
6 messages
English Bikini Joe Ld - last answer from saveme1, Thursday 10/02/2011, 04:05.
With a 15 life gap, this has now changed the tables for Freaks, there bonus last longer, and they can survive longer to take more turns. I can already tell my freak deck is doing way better now. Consider them when having duel (Or if your crazy, running Mono Freaks) that there doing much better now.

« Previous12...135136137138139140...192193Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals